• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pre-Season Games

midfielder

Rose is in the starting line up... George Blackwood from SFC is capo tonight ... after 20 minutes its 1 all ...

The Thai's are defending champions and have a good record at this level in this tournament,

Rowdy

Seems two of the players who were on trial with The Nix during the game against us at Knox Grammer played 'well-enough' for Ernie Merrick to award them a contract in the A-League:

Adam Parkhouse from Manly United.

& Jacob Tratt from Sydney United

dibo

George Blackwood from SFC is capo tonight
you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

dibo

Middy,
Junior is doing well in Junior Football.....not HAL.
No way has he shown enough to start in front of monty or tavares imho.
I think he's shown enough to be in contention at the very least. He's very technically able, and he has a good passing range. Monty's strengths are his physicality and his work rate, Tavares' strengths are his technical ability and passing. I think Rose at least has a decent shout at starting in front of Tavares.

localpom

I think he's shown enough to be in contention at the very least. He's very technically able, and he has a good passing range. Monty's strengths are his physicality and his work rate, Tavares' strengths are his technical ability and passing. I think Rose at least has a decent shout at starting in front of Tavares.
I think young Liam is good enough but not quite ahead of Monty or Tav at this stage. I think though that he will feature in almost every game and will definitely get his chance. We need both Monty and Tav on the field this season for their leadership and experience. It's great this season that there is genuine competition for spots.

dibo

Monty yes, Tav I'm not sure - he's a bit hot and cold.

If he's *on*, he's good and a very useful player. But if he's wandering around kinda aimlessly, he's not providing any sort of example and I'd rather have Liam on.

localpom

Monty yes, Tav I'm not sure - he's a bit hot and cold.

If he's *on*, he's good and a very useful player. But if he's wandering around kinda aimlessly, he's not providing any sort of example and I'd rather have Liam on.
Tav will start i'm sure. Will be good though to have Liam putting the pressure on.

Tevor

Parkhouse loked steady as well and was playing out of his normal position. Believe he is a forward and was being played as a left back.

Big Al

He did a good job shutting down Trent but was nothing special. Gave Trent more space than Pain got on the other side.
We didn't miss anything special. I thought they'd picked him up before Saturday's trial.

Tevor

Has anybody heard any news on Jake Adelson? Would have thought scan results etc would be known by now.

Tevor

They seem to be flying under the radar again this year, expect them to be competitive again this year and the first game against MV will be a cracker to start the new season.

Rowdy

They seem to be flying under the radar again this year, expect them to be competitive again this year ....

Yeah, and they (Brisb) 'still' may get to sign this guy in the Jan transfer window :
n_atletico_de_madrid_diego_forlan-63448.jpg

That is, if the FFA 'tweak' the Guest Marquee Player criteria from a 'Full-Season' contract to a 'Part-Season' contract that would then allow Brisb to have 'The Ab'd Wonder' running around Suncorp.

Apparently, the Diego Forlan signing would/could have happened earlier if 'only' the Muppet who was running the Club at the time hadn't 'stuffed-up' the deal.
- Muppet has been moved-on since.

Due to Muppet stuffing-it-up, Forlan eventually chose to sign for Mumbai City FC in the Indian Super League, which runs from October 1 until December 18.

Which now means Diego will have to stay at Mumbai until the possible move to Aus. come January.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred