• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Post Yer Pish Here - AKA The Off-Season Thread.

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
The Cup Final express leaves tommorow.

;D

Rolling into Glasgow on the Saturday morning (overnighter from London) most likely.  Will let you know.
How early ?

If that Icelandic f**ker doesn't blow itself out I might be going to Dubai for a week then coming back to Oz.... :mad:

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
You flying straight into Glasgow ??

And 7am or so.
Glasgow via Dubai.

I'm glad I decided to go a week before the game......at least if they close the airspace I have a week for it to clear......if I was arriving on the Friday before the game and this happened I'd be f**ked !

You looking for suggestions (football related)to pass the time in Glasgow until we get there around 12ish ?

serious14

Ummmmm..... it's Glasgow.  _Is_ there anything to do there??

And knowing that you guys aren't rolling into town until 12, I might see if I can't leave here the Friday morning.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:

And 7am or so.
Glasgow via Dubai.

I'm glad I decided to go a week before the game......at least if they close the airspace I have a week for it to clear......if I was arriving on the Friday before the game and this happened I'd be f**ked !

You looking for suggestions (football related)to pass the time in Glasgow until we get there around 12ish ?

Pubs are open 24 hours now ...  ::)

serious14

Jazzie said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:

And 7am or so.
Glasgow via Dubai.

You _really_ think any pub within 30 miles of Glasgow is going to be open before midday on Cup Final day??

P.S.  For what it's worth, 98% of pubs in the UK are open 11am - midnight/1am.

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Jazzie said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:

And 7am or so.
Glasgow via Dubai.

You _really_ think any pub within 30 miles of Glasgow is going to be open before midday on Cup Final day??
I think the earliest pubs near Hampden are open is 11.30 -12ish.......our bus is booked into the Kings park hotel....I'll get you the address later......we leave at 9.30 so with a good run we should be there before 12.

If you're looking for something to do check out Cathkin Park near Hampden for a bit of football history if you're interested......I'll pm you a link later.

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
2.5 hours from Dundee to Glasgow??  Surely it's not that far??
We're not coming from Dundee.

Glenrothes arabs are running three buses and all three have pick ups else where in Fife before meeting up at the forth road bridge and going on from there.

We shouldn't encounter the traffic problems that the Dundee buses will......their route will clash with the sheep shaggers coming from the north at some point......chaos is predicted !

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
2.5 hours from Dundee to Glasgow??  Surely it's not that far??
Glenrothes arabs... Fife... forth road

I know you're speaking English..... but..... ummmmm..... WHAT??

:p
Just get yer arse up there and follow me.

And......get tuned intae the local lingo laddie cos ye'll be surrounded by it on Saturday week  ;D

serious14

ARAB!!!!

Not sure if you'll read this before you leave, BUT GLASGOW AIRPORT IS SHUT UNTIL 6AM BST ON THE 6TH MAY WITH FURTHER CLOSURES EXPECTED.  CHECK WITH YOUR AIRLINE!!!!!

:(

midfielder

Quite a sad story ... but a player carded for diving actually collasped & died... might be time to look at my love handles and stop eating and drinking like a teenager ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/3663393/Footballers-yellow-card-dive-was-fatal-heart-attack
A Croatian football player who was yellow-carded for diving, had actually died of a heart attack.

Goran Tunjic, a 32-year-old defender playing for the Mladost FC, a fifth-tier team in Croatia, collapsed in the 35th minute of a game against Hrvatski Sokola, website Eurosport reported.

His collapse saw him yellow-carded by the match's referee who thought he had taken a dive.

However, Tunjic had instead suffered a fatal heart attack.

Realising what had happened, the referee called for medical aid, but Tunjic died despite being rushed to a nearby hospital.

"Doctors tried to help him but there was nothing they could do," a club spokesman said, according to Eurosort.

The player had no previous medical conditions.

"He just fell dead on the spot."

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
ARAB!!!!

Not sure if you'll read this before you leave, BUT GLASGOW AIRPORT IS SHUT UNTIL 6AM BST ON THE 6TH MAY WITH FURTHER CLOSURES EXPECTED.  CHECK WITH YOUR AIRLINE!!!!!

Don't sweat lad  ;)

serious14

Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
ARAB!!!!

Don't sweat lad  ;)

;D

Bus sorted mate, I'll be in Glasgow from 7.30am on Saturday.  Heading back at 11am on Sunday.

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
ARAB!!!!

Don't sweat lad  ;)

;D

Bus sorted mate, I'll be in Glasgow from 7.30am on Saturday.  Heading back at 11am on Sunday.
serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
ARAB!!!!

Don't sweat lad  ;)

;D

Make sure you bring something CCM for the 'mariners fans in other places ultimate pic'..... ;D

I'll PM you some info on where to meet us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred