• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Post Yer Pish Here - AKA The Off-Season Thread.

J

jiggles

Well, it's not fractured.

I have torn a muscle in my calf (or whatever the muscle is called), just above my ankle. Cartlidge is damaged and looks like being worn away in the "dome" ish area of my ankle joint (yeah, my terminology is amazing...) and have done nerve damage. However, he did inform me that I have hyperextension, which makes my joints "floppy" and explains why I get injured so easily. Physio weekly to rebuild some strength....can play but have to take it easy.

J

jiggles

Oh and uh, how about that HMAS Adelaide hey...

*cough*comeseemeattheseafmtentonsaturdayfrom6amatavocabeach*cough*

J

jiggles

Scuttling will take part at about 9, depending on the weather and the tide.

J

jiggles

Paolo said:
poko said:
Scuttling will take part at about 9, depending on the weather and the tide.
By 9am you mean 10:30am and that the boring events crap starts at 9?

By 9am I made a mistake and was going off the original notes I had months ago. Apologies Mr Keens. Thank you for picking up on that.

Anyway. It's postponed now anyway.

happy

what a way to start the day at work
the team meeting takes place outside at the terrace and everybody's having an ice coffee
21C are forecasted for today  8)

Atomic

They opened up the contra-flow at about 9:30? last night. It was funny once they did becasue as soon as the traffic crossed over onto the Sth bound side, we had 3 open lanes and it was like someone had opened the gates to the lunatic assylum! lol - I've never seen so many cars travelling so fast - even on the autobahn. I must admit, it was a cool feeling driving north on the south bound side.

The real issue is why it took so long to open up the contra-flow. I have video on my phone of the trickle of traffic heading south whilst northbound was a parking lot. How difficult would it have been to divert the soth bound traffic onto the Old road sooner?

Gopher of Pern

Heard on the radio this morning that they were expecting a quick cleanup, so it was deemed unnecessary. But the the first truck that came to siphon the fuel out couldn't do it, because it contained the wrong fuel......

Why they didn't open it then and there......

scottmac

Suspended
Atomic said:
I must admit, it was a cool feeling driving north on the south bound side.

I've done south on the north bound and it is a cool feeling. It was a scafollding truck around 8 or 9 years ago crossed the nature strip heading north and plowed into quite a few vehicles at the hornsby exit south bound.

marinermick

With the fires a few years ago we found ourselves somehow at the front of the queue when the freeway was closed.

Anyway, they decided to open our section of the freeway and keep the southbound traffic closed.

After a few kilometres and getting a good steam up we found ourselves the only car on the freeway as we were ahead of the pack and there was no on-coming traffic.

Now that was a surreal experience!!!!!!

happy

Do I get it right that when there is a huge traffic jam that you are allowed to use the lanes that lead to the opposite (?) direction?
Where does all the traffic of that lanes go?

Me thinks that this is a quite good idea :)

dru

happy said:
Do I get it right that when there is a huge traffic jam that you are allowed to use the lanes that lead to the opposite (?) direction?

Yeah we also have the advantage of having the old highway almost mirroring the freeway so they can divert onto that as well. No Idea what they were doing the other night but they would basically limit the traffic in one direction back into 1 lane and divert the others across. They may of diverted the south bound traffic onto the old pacific highway

marinermick

dru said:
happy said:

They may of diverted the south bound traffic onto the old pacific highway

The did but with trucks and the amount of traffic it was gridlock as well

Arabmariner

Why they allowed people to join the freeway at Wahroonga all day when they knew they would be going nowhere is just ridiculous.

I got on at Wahroonga at 7.15pm and got home at 11.30pm (normal trip 45 mins).

I got off at Berowra,got fuel,went for a pizza and rejoined the freeway without losing my spot  :p

dru

Arabmariner said:
I got off at Berowra,got fuel,went for a pizza and rejoined the freeway without losing my spot  :p
Would of thought you had gained a few places tbh.

on a side note did anyone else get the members email about crusty demons tickets? :redcard: angry letter time to the club I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred