• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pondeljak to MVFC?

serious14

Pete said:
Has anyone checked on the welfare of Serious14? I think he said that Tommy was the only bloke he'd ever take one from. ;) ;D

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

"Devastated and shattered" would be an understatement.  This hurts more than any Grand Final loss for mine......

The team without you will never quite be the same as it was with you.  Best of luck Tommy, you will be missed. 

SNOWMARINER

skilbeck said:
thomas477 said:
skilbeck said:
thomas477 said:
~Floss~ said:
Huge loss. A crucial part of the team.

The V4 recruitment drive is becoming a potential nail-biter.

Good luck Tommy, and thank you: your contributions were far from unappreciated

Not really that bigger loss when you have caceres now

get used to it for when it is confirmed that you lose Bridge, Musialik, Elrich, Durante, and probably Griffiths and holland, when they get offers overseas that are too good to refuse, you will feel as bad as most people on this forum about tommy leaving

Funny thing is griffo and holland are on contract.

well im sure itll come as more of a shock when james "escape clause" holland gets his european offer.
As for griffo they can just buy out his contract

Do you think OS clubs will by a guy who's only claim to fame is being a handball cheat?

On Griffiths, I think he will move on to greener pastures and may be offered something sooner rather than latter IMO.

skilbeck

SNOWMARINER said:
skilbeck said:
thomas477 said:
skilbeck said:
thomas477 said:
~Floss~ said:

get used to it for when it is confirmed that you lose Bridge, Musialik, Elrich, Durante, and probably Griffiths and holland, when they get offers overseas that are too good to refuse, you will feel as bad as most people on this forum about tommy leaving

well im sure itll come as more of a shock when james "escape clause" holland gets his european offer.
As for griffo they can just buy out his contract

Do you think OS clubs will by a guy who's only claim to fame is being a handball cheat?

I hope not but that is probably not how he will be remembered or seen by these clubs

poetryintheblood

This week just gets worse, first we were treated like absolute crap at the game by SCUM fans, then Danny gets that ban, now Tommy has left, and I am SHATTERED, but will still proudly wear my jersey with his name on the back. Good luck Tommy, wishing you all the best, thank you for your part in the Mariners success. You will be sorely missed. Your number one fan always. :(

Sym

Good luck Tommy P

They say He doesn't score many but when He does they are special

That is so true looking back at some of His efforts:

Running from halfway and beating 4-5 defenders and slotting past Bolton away to Sydney
The backheel against Perth
The chip against Adelaide
The preliminary final goal (for it's worth)
The effort v Newcastle in season 3
Against Melbourne to complete the comeback

Ah He will be missed but looking at things from a bright side it does give Me a slight reason not to absolutely hate MVFC

pjennings

I'm not shattered. I loved having Tommy here but he has a young family and wants to return home. More power to him for putting his family first.

Good luck Tommy - you were a joy to watch. You still will be except against the Mariners 

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
To Tommy P....thanks for all your efforts and the hard yards you put in....hope you and yours thoroughly enjoy Mexico....Cheers mate

Sonic_beats_Mario

Thanks Tommy for everything in the past 3 seasons you will be missed heaps by myself as you were one of my Favs!

Good luck in Melb and hopefully us Mariners supporters wont boo you in V4.

tommyd

From the man himself
It was disappointing to get into a second Grand Final and not win it, but Im at Victory now so Im looking to reach another Grand Final and win one.

Will happen.  Melbourne doesn't choke in finals and has what will be the best team in the land.  Also, I would rather have Thompson any day over Aloisi.  Thompson wins grand finals on his own merrits, while Aloisi loses grand finals and wastes time acting like a little boy arguing with the ref.  Every year of the A-League a team with an Aloisi has choked come finals time

Season 1 and 2 = Adelaide (Inbread) United
Season 3 = Central Coast (Bogan Fisherman) Mariners

Wombat

Perm said:
I am very happy with the trade of Caceres for Tommy TBH

The good news is we will have a decent left winger and Kwas can drop back to the bench.

The bad news is the loss of Tommy and Gumps is a tragedy and we will need another QUALITY central middie to cover for Hutcho/Jedi.

Sean

Im just going off age,cost and performance in the HAL so far. Caceres is one of the most promising players in HAL and how Merrick kept him on the bench i dont know how, whereas we didnt get to see much of the Tommy P that shredded in the NSL.

In saying that i thoroughly enjoyed watching TP at our club and he provided alot of hope and creativity to our squad and hope he does well in his hometown.

Sean

Wombat said:
The good news is we will have a decent left winger and Kwas can drop back to the bench.

The bad news is the loss of Tommy and Gumps is a tragedy and we will need another QUALITY central middie to cover for Hutcho/Jedi.

All-night Dwight would be good cover!

Penrith9103

Thanks for everything Tommy. Good luck in Melbourne.

On the other hand, it's a good move from the club.
Tommy is 32 and has been replaced by Caecers??? who is 26.
A few younger players coming into the team is a good thing for the club and for our future.

northernspirit

Adrian Caceres is also a left footer which gives us better balance
I hope we can gain a few quicker players, particuarly in defence - we're basically slow from back to front

skilbeck

Im happy that he parted ways with the team on good terms. Its sad when that doesnt happen and we could be experiencing that soon as well.

Andy

thomas477 said:
skilbeck said:
thomas477 said:
~Floss~ said:

And elrich as agreed to terms for a new contract

No, the funny thing is how naive that comment is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred