• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pondeljak to MVFC?

Jocwa08

Foriegnmariner said:
You would "possibly" trade Tommy for Talay or Santalab!! are you feeling ok mate  ;)

Talay broke heffo's leg and Santalab spends more time on his hair than on the field

lol i guess.
Staring at the rain messed up my mind.
I think Santalab is an alright player though

S

soccersensei

Sarkies looked fantastic in some of the Ollyroos games, but had a terrible season...
TOMMY should be kept unreservedly, and if we lose him, by god we better get someone with matching pace
and acceleration.

mustapha_beer

:redcard: to Ernie trying to sign Tommy P!

Even though he infuriates me, he's still capable of doing amazing things and winning games for us. Come on Tommy, feel the lurv, and stay a Mariner.

Going back to an earlier thread about Owens & Kwas, I'd rather trade either of them OR Mrdja if it freed up valuable salary cap money.......

Deej

mustapha_beer said:
:redcard: to Ernie trying to sign Tommy P!

Even though he infuriates me, he's still capable of doing amazing things and winning games for us. Come on Tommy, feel the lurv, and stay a Mariner.

Going back to an earlier thread about Owens & Kwas, I'd rather trade either of them OR Mrdja if it freed up valuable salary cap money.......

I don't think Kwas/Owens would be anywhere near Tommy's wage personally......Mrdja would be.

Tommy signed a 3 year deal in V1 with an option of a 4th year if he played a certain number of games which he has.......but it's his option.

If he was to return home to Melbourne IMO it would be on a lesser wage than what he would be offered here. Should he do that then it obviously shows he wants to end his career for his hometown club which I can understand.

If there is truth in this rumour and it happens then it would be a sad day, everyone loves Tommy.  What would be concerning for me is who do we buy to fill the hole? Not many options coming off contract in the HAL?

marinersman

I reckon Tommy at the peak of his game is in one of the top half a dozen players in the country.

As I have said may moons ago, in some ways he sees plays ahead that other players don't and in this regard it must be frustrating for him. The amount of times that he makes passes or sees where players are not running of his balls, but they're not, infuriates me.

Unless it is a massive offer that he can't refuse (and we can't match) it will absolutely sicken me to see him go and I hate to say it, I would seriously wonder about our Football mangement.

In my opinion he is our best and most important player going forward. I just hope the rumour is crap.

uncleyellow

Totally agree, was speaking to a mate about how we think Tommy is just 5% away from being a serious problem for any defence.

P

Pete

A Mariners without either Tommy or Gumps would take a bit of getting used to....at the moment Tommy is the key in the middle of the park, and his technical skills is appreciated by John Aloisi. They work well together.(As does Owens and Gumps with JA)

If Tommy goes the same season as Gumps goes, there's going to be a more dour midfield in the middle of the park - or the likes of Owens, Kwassi and Hutch will have to step up their attacking play.

Andy

Michael Lynch, the guy who writes for The Age in Melbourne, mentioned that Melbourne were chasing him next season on Thursday Night when he was on Total Football.

Not sure how Pondeljak would exactly fit into the Melbourne squad though to be honest. We all know Merrick wants as many defensive midfielders as possible. Pondeljak isn't much of a defensive-minded player.

In all seriousness though, while Hernandez started to hit some decent form at the end of the season and Billy Celeski recently signed up for the Tards, I can't see why Merrick would be interested in Tommy P.

Tez

I hope he doesnt go, but i hav a bad feeling about it..
he is a Melbourne boy after all, i imagine he has family and friends down there that he mite like to be close to
Also having tommy in their team will add depth to their team should Hernandez get injured in champions League.

but my fingers are crossed that we can keep him for at least another season :)

poetryintheblood

NOOOOOOOOOOO, not Tommy, will writing keep Tommy, and Tommy don't go like a million times help, as I am willing to do it to keep him, he's my favorite, I totally love the guy, my home is a shrine to him, everyone who knows me knows Tommy's the man where I'm concerned, please say this isn't so, he's too brilliant a player to lose, PLEASEEEEEEE STAYYYYYYY TOMMYYYYYYY :(

SNOWMARINER

Big lose if he goes but we'll get over it when we beat Melbourne next year.

If he goes does that mean he'll play in the ACL this year?

finally retired

Nah...even if Tommy goes to Melbourne, they've stitched up their ACL squad and it's now closed/confirmed....and Tommy's not in it...(see http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/melbourne-victory/)

skilbeck

Im getting the feeling its 50-50 either way that he'll go. I reckon perth would be where he would go because they are short on attacking mids since they lost Billy Celeski and Leo Bertos. But I dont know the terms by which Pondeljak left PG though. But im getting more and more of a feeling that he will be staying put. Either that or theres something we don't know and are not expecting about Gumps re-signing.

Andy

almost retired said:
Nah...even if Tommy goes to Melbourne, they've stitched up their ACL squad and it's now closed/confirmed....and Tommy's not in it...(see http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/melbourne-victory/)

He wouldn't have joined them in time, even he did sign for them.

His contract with us lasts until June 30.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred