• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pondeljak to MVFC?

Andy

I really hope this doesn't happen.

Caceres shifts to Coast

Grantley Bernard

MELBOURNE Victory championship winger Adrian Caceres is on the move. The attacking left-footer has signed with Central Coast Mariners for the next two A-League seasons.

The move ends protracted negotiations that had him in limbo as he decided whether to stay in Melbourne or move to Gosford.

In the end, Caceres decided the Mariners offered a better opportunity, but it is expected the former Perth Glory player will be part of Victory's Asian Champions League squad as he is contracted until June 30.

While Victory signed attacking midfielder Billy Celeski from Glory this week, Caceres presence will add to Melbourne's depth as it begins its Asian campaign on March 12 against Chunnam Dragons at Telstra Dome.

"Adrian's registered, along with all other Melbourne Victory players, for the AFC Champions League," Victory football operations manager Gary Cole said yesterday.

"His contract expires on June 30, so we expect him to go through and honour that."

Although Caceres is an exciting and skilful player who played 20 of Victory's 21 games this season, he started only 11 and was substituted in many of those because of his inconsistency and defensive shortcomings.

Even so, Victory was eager for him to stay for at least a third season, but could not agree to terms with the Argentine-born 26-year-old, who migrated to Australia as a young child.

"The contract renewal process initially started around three months ago and has been more hands-on over the last five weeks," Cole said.

"We tried very hard to keep Adrian and we've given it our best shot, but it is not to be, so we wish him well.

"He's been a good player, the fans like him and he's done a good job, but he obviously thinks moving to Central Coast is a better opportunity for him.

"That's the nature of football. Players come and players go and we'll replace him and replace him well."

It is likely Victory will make a bid to sign Mariners midfielder Tom Pondeljak, who was instrumental in helping the team to the A-League minor premiership.

marinermick

don't know how he and hernandez could fit in the same team

as much as he is my favourite mariner he is not getting any younger and taking up a sizeable chunk of the cap

it could mean hutch play central and carceras on the left - or better still spend the money on a gun import

adz

Staff member
cos we don't need a player smashing them into bay 16 on a regular basis

brett

Why go for a gun import or a youngster with the potential to become a Tommy when you already have THE Tommy? We must do all we can to keep him!

northernspirit

brett said:
Why go for a gun import or a youngster with the potential to become a Tommy when you already have THE Tommy? We must do all we can to keep him!
yes but not at the expense of using too much of the cap, i still think we need more speed in our team

Andy

northernspirit said:
brett said:
yes but not at the expense of using too much of the cap, i still think we need more speed in our team

x2

uncleyellow

Tommy P is God. Tommy P must stay!

Id rather Tommy than Patoofta.... anyday.

Please dont go.....
As Northernspirit said... There is just too much TommyP lurv round here!

Have seen the same story in other sources but they stop short of mentioning that, hopefully it BS!

S

striker

agree..modern football = speed+accuracy, but we need to improve on accuracy too

northernspirit

uncleyellow said:

Please dont go.....

Have seen the same story in other sources but they stop short of mentioning that, hopefully it BS!
i dont think it is BS sadly... there will be squad changes, personally i think Danny is my biggest concern.... the kids got major talent and trott doesnt exactly exude confidence

skilbeck

Pondeljak is a must keep for the Mariners. But I can see that since we have continued to overload with midfielders, he might not want to stay, but I cant imagine him missing game time in order to accomodate for Caceres. If it will be anyone itll be Owens and Kwas IMO

marinermick

northernspirit said:
uncleyellow said:

Please dont go.....

i dont think it is BS sadly... there will be squad changes, personally i think Danny is my biggest concern.... the kids got major talent and trott doesnt exactly exude confidence

danny may have problems getting a work visa in europe

his parents are serbian and they are not in the eurpean union

he may have to get his socceroo count up first

northernspirit

true that didnt think of that, arent some countries easier than others though? I mean Josh Kennedy and Meggsy got into Germany without any hassles, UK is notoriously difficult but Germany may be an option

marinermick

northernspirit said:
true that didnt think of that, arent some countries easier than others though? I mean Josh Kennedy and Meggsy got into Germany without any hassles, UK is notoriously difficult but Germany may be an option

i may be wrong but both had heritage with european union countries

i think you can still get into countries like holland and belgium but it certainly limits your options and possible clubs that could come a knocking

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred