• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penang F.C.

Jimmy

dwight said:
Have a look at the Football NSW website Luddenham got beat by Balmain 7-0 (Jockey' got four goals btw)
on the weekend at least Penang got a goal.

Make no mistake the plan is a two to three year one this is the lowest league they could really enter but that doesn't stop guys like "Jockey" being there lets support Penang not knock it.

You play for penang?

Kareem

i wish Penang all the best...but i do doubt their ability- but i agree that it is more so a longer term project (althoug I do worry that soem players will lose patience and quit)

Paolo

By the sounds of it he would probably be good enough to play for them now....

[size=2pt]sorry you just lobbed that one in and i had to take a swing at it[/size]

Ted

First season and treading untested waters with a new club, new team and new combinations. Give 'em a fair go I say..... Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sure with a few more games (losses) behind them and some solid weeks of training, things will gradually look up for PFC. A few seasons from now this post will be a mute subject I reckon...

You CAN have a team of quality players that just don't gel on the field straight away. (I know this first hand with our 0-0 half time 10-0 loss to Kariong last week).

Give 'em time to find their feet......  ;)

dwight

Pretty much right TED.

The reserve grade side has some particularly talented players and only an average age of around 17 years so they will improve a lot over the next year or two.

Unfortunately due to a shortage of numbers - injury's etc (Ted knows about this) a lot of the reserve guys have been playing first grade, so this hasn't helped. I know the club is attracting inquiries from genuine first graders
for next season so in the long term things are looking very good.

kevrenor

Sydneysiders:
Penang FC are due to play Roosters FC at Mona Park, Auburn, this Sunday 20/4 at 3pm

tyson

Penang will struggle. But with money and support, they will come a long way. Look at Budgie. They used to be in Div. 1 and they have taken a long time to rebuild.

Penang suck right now. They can't win games and they have a crap team, but for them to become a good club is important for the coast in terms of juniors. There is too many crap coaches around teaching kids the wrong things. They need to be taught the importance of width, angles and off the ball movement. As a coach, I look around at the moment and the other coaches don't seem to know about these things. Perhaps Penang FC is the key to allowing kids with the heart and eagerness to play some higher level football and get a decent coach, so I hope Penang is eventually successful and earns the rights to have junior sides.

kevrenor

At least they are scoring!

CONFERENCE LEAGUE NORTHERN:
ROUND 3:

FIRST GRADE: Roosters FC 7 (E Topal 38/78m, H Sevgin 14/87m, H Hatipoglu 52m, A Rashid 85m, U Yagci 27m) defeated 
Penang FC 1 (Z Evan 46m).

RESERVE: Roosters FC 2 Penang FC 0.

Hakan Sevgin is a wily and experienced old striker.

dwight

NSW Men's Conference League Challenge Cup 2008
Penang FC (Northern Conference) vs Hakoah (Southern Conference)

FIRST GRADE : Hakoah 3 (D Pozniak 6/69m, J Pillemer 56m) defeated Penang FC 2 (T Cohen 73/76m)

RESERVE GRADE : Penang FC 0 Hakoah 0

Saw most of both games at Penang reserve's were really unluckly not to win today, just couldn't
finish, defence was great though.

With firsts the second two goals from Hakoah really came from mixup's in play Penang came back
strongly but just run out of time missing out on a draw.   

Paolo

Yeh could put two of hakoahs goals down to own goals by brett cooney. Penang were very very lucky that the hakoah strikers were garbage and couldnt finish a bag of lollies

voice of reason

A good result for them considering the preseason result against the same team, and the same for the reserves.  Time and persistence will bring results

Bear

dwight said:
FIRST GRADE : Hakoah 3 (D Pozniak 6/69m, J Pillemer 56m) defeated Penang FC 2 (T Cohen 73/76m)

Am I reading that correct? Is Tim Cohen, or should I call him Hotdog, playing for Penang?
Dose somebody have a list or a link to the list of the full playing squad?

dwight

Bearinator I'll PM you the list. Cheers. Yes Tim is playing for Penang.

Overall a much better result from Penang in a few short weeks, even Andre Gumphrect watched the boys go around yesterday.

Hakaoh is running 3rd in Southern conference in 1st's and 2nd in reserve grade so I think the hard work is starting to pay off, but there is still a long way to go, team numbers are still tight with a lot of young players.

Contrary to what a lot of the baggers have been saying there is a lot of potential in these squads.

Keensy why a wolf in sheep clothing, you weren't bagging the team on the day but you are on the forum.?

All the best to Penang FC.

dwight

offtheball said:
dwight said:
Bearinator I'll PM you the list. Cheers. Yes Tim is playing for Penang.

Is it classified?

Not at all I just don't want individual players pulled to pieces by some on this forum, I'm sure you will understand. Also it is not up to me to publish the names of the players either, maybe bettter to approach Tony G.

Paolo

dwight said:
Keensy why a wolf in sheep clothing, you weren't bagging the team on the day but you are on the forum.?
I think you'll find i was bagging them. If you think otherwise you obviously have no idea who i am and i think you could ask any of my mates who play for penang that i always give them shit.

kevrenor

CONFERENCE LEAGUE NORTHERN: ROUND 6:

FIRST GRADE: Luddenham United 5 (K Ciappa 36m M Malouf 58m P Silva 78m V Nunemo 85m A Khatari 90m) defeated Penang FC 4 (R Hoare 7m I Smith 29/48m M Dowzard 34m).

RESERVE GRADE: Luddenham
United 2 Penang FC 4.

Omni

Looks like they're starting to Gel a win for the ressies and a tight loss, that's a good sign.

dwight

Yeah not a bad effort considering Penanag only had twenty players for both games.

First's were ahead 4 - 1 at one stage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred