• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penang F.C.

Kareem

Jimbell10 said:
Kareem said:
I was trialling for u20s for Mt Penang. Great coach...but the quality is seriously lacking. If I satyed I could have made the squad (most likely as a utility player?)(which shows how bad the quality was there, lol) but I didnt want to pay $350 just to be be able to call myself a 'rep' player. (although it was seriously tempting). I am content with training with reserves and 18s at the moment and my $130 rego.

Kareem u arent good enough for Penang FC, ive seen u play plenty of times, u may be alright in the Bs but would u even be benchwarmer or orange peeler in the As let alone reps
lol
1) Have you watched Mt Penang...
I was good enough for Mt Penang- noted by their 12-0 loss. That's where I had my concerns...I knew they would get flogged if I was good enough...coz I dont think i'm exactly rep material...
2) I was one of top 6 players last season in the B's which equates to not 'allright' in b's but rather- pretty good in b's
3) I would walk into any A grade team and straight away be one of the better players in the team. I played 2 full games in A's last year for Umina and had no problem!
4) in 16s I made branch round 2 selections (and was cut) as were every single A grade players except for Scott Rowland (who is now playing for lightning).
5) I was invited to trial for Mariners Acadmey as the best 17 yr old prospect at my club...yet again better thanbieng alright in the a's
6) And unless I get badly injured or soemthign it is only a matter of time until I'm in 1st grade (2-3 years)
7) Who the heck are you...Mr 1 post?

tyson

I wish this club all the best, because as Rowdy and others have pointed out, it is a good direction for Central Coast Football to be heading in. However, losing 5-1 against Kincumber, who are not even in the Premier League, means there is <b>A LOT</b> more hard work to be done, unfortunately.

Paolo

graaant said:
Are there actually any players on the pitch? :(
Yes, but by the looks of it they are only of division 1 standard, well not even that, as they have been thumped by 2 division 1 sides

kevrenor

Just 'cos it is in the State League (and 45 levels down from NSW PL) does not mean it is higher standard that local association Premier League teams. They often (St Andrews Eastwood from GHFA), Gymea Hawks (from Sutherland) for example sometimes go through a few rounds in the Tiger Turf Cup (KO).

Don't compare apples with oranges.

Sean

Kareem said:
Jimbell10 said:
Kareem said:
I was trialling for u20s for Mt Penang. Great coach...but the quality is seriously lacking. If I satyed I could have made the squad (most likely as a utility player?)(which shows how bad the quality was there, lol) but I didnt want to pay $350 just to be be able to call myself a 'rep' player. (although it was seriously tempting). I am content with training with reserves and 18s at the moment and my $130 rego.

Kareem u arent good enough for Penang FC, ive seen u play plenty of times, u may be alright in the Bs but would u even be benchwarmer or orange peeler in the As let alone reps
lol
1) Have you watched Mt Penang...
I was good enough for Mt Penang- noted by their 12-0 loss. That's where I had my concerns...I knew they would get flogged if I was good enough...coz I dont think i'm exactly rep material...
2) I was one of top 6 players last season in the B's which equates to not 'allright' in b's but rather- pretty good in b's
3) I would walk into any A grade team and straight away be one of the better players in the team. I played 2 full games in A's last year for Umina and had no problem!
4) in 16s I made branch round 2 selections (and was cut) as were every single A grade players except for Scott Rowland (who is now playing for lightning).
5) I was invited to trial for Mariners Acadmey as the best 17 yr old prospect at my club...yet again better thanbieng alright in the a's
6) And unless I get badly injured or soemthign it is only a matter of time until I'm in 1st grade (2-3 years)
7) Who the heck are you...Mr 1 post?

Well done, and good luck in seniors.

kevrenor

Interested Sydney based forumites can check out the standard of the Conference League at:

Balmain SC
vs
Penang FC
Sat 5 Apr 3:00 PM
Birchgrove Oval

Me, I'll be watching my son's first foray into player/coaching Div 17 GHFA.

kevrenor

Rowdy said:
What happened to the belov'd Bathurst 75?  ;)

He moved from Bathurst 2 seasons ago!  He is player/coach at Epping Eastwood Tigers (down Ursus) for 3 months until he goes to South Africa for a 12 month course at Kruger National Park (with lions).

Results today:

CONFERENCE LEAGUE NORTHERN: ROUND 1:

FIRST GRADE: Hawkesbury City 3 (L Vanderburg 4m R Carle 6m A Jones 29m) - Gladesville Ryde Magic 1 (A Gatt 79m), Springwood SC 3 (R Densley 20m R Haberman 44m J Lynch 51m) - Luddenham United 0

Balmain SC 6 (L McCormick 5/77m Johnny Buonavolia 13/48m L Merlino 73m J Richardson 81m) - Penang FC 1 (R Woodbridge 75m) [JB would be quite a handful)

Bathurst '75 1 (Garrett Dowling 8m) - Prospect United 1 (Andrew Gaeta 68m) [goals by present and former Bx75 players] 

RESERVE: Hawkesbury City 0 Gladesville Ryde Magic 1, Springwood SC 4 Luddenham
United 0

Balmain SC 5 - Penang FC 0 

Bathurst '75 2 Prospect United 2

P

Pete

kevrenor said:
Rowdy said:
What happened to the belov'd Bathurst 75?  ;)

He moved from Bathurst 2 seasons ago!  He is player/coach at Epping Eastwood Tigers (down Ursus) for 3 months until he goes to South Africa for a 12 month course at Kruger National Park (with lions).

What... REAL lions  :eek:, oh f**k......wish him well.  :popcorn:

kevrenor

CONFERENCE LEAGUE NORTHERN:
ROUND 2:
FIRST GRADE: Prospect United 2 (A David 19m K Gabara 87m) - Springwood 2 (R Haberman 33m R Hunter 46m);
Penang FC 1 (O Vukelic 10m) - Hawkesbury City SC 12 (E George 4/19m A Jones 8/15/21m D Bertenshaw 29/39/83m M Sluiter 57/79m L Vanderburg 72m L McGregor 73m).

RESERVE: Prospect United 3 - Springwood 3; Penang FC 0 - Hawkesbury City SC 4.

Hmmm... anyone see it?

Paolo

Did not see it but talking to a few lads i know who play just said that the other side was just in a much different class to them and they played poorly.

A few of them are already getting the shits with the constant drubbings and already talking about next year returning to club football

Jimmy

1-12 aye.
Does anyone else see this as an embarressment to the central coast football community?

dwight

Jimmydinho said:
1-12 aye.
Does anyone else see this as an embarressment to the central coast football community?

No I for one don't these boys are having a go - more than some of the other here are prepared to do, sure there is a lot of work to be done and these guys will improve.

In this game anyway I heard Tony had to ref so that means the team did not have a coach so that makes things a bit hard for them.

Did you know in the Balmain game they were playing against John "Jockey" Buonavoglia still a very potent striker 3 years ago he was placed in Sydney FC to replace Dwight Yorke whilst Yorke
was on international duty against Trinidad and Tobago.

" So to all the knockers - Good luck to Tony and Penang FC. I hope all your plans come to fruition." quote from Mephistopheles

Bear

Jimmydinho said:
1-12 aye.

Makes me want to dust off the gloves lol

Jimmy

dwight said:
Jimmydinho said:
1-12 aye.

No I for one don't these boys are having a go - more than some of the other here are prepared to do, sure there is a lot of work to be done and these guys will improve.

In this game anyway I heard Tony had to ref so that means the team did not have a coach so that makes things a bit hard for them.

Did you know in the Balmain game they were playing against John "Jockey" Buonavoglia still a very potent striker 3 years ago he was placed in Sydney FC to replace Dwight Yorke whilst Yorke
was on international duty against Trinidad and Tobago.

" So to all the knockers - Good luck to Tony and Penang FC. I hope all your plans come to fruition." quote from Mephistopheles

No I didnt know that, But it with the opposition having talent lik that also just shows that they are in a different league (in a bad way).

maybe "embarressment" is a bit strong word, but it's in the dirrection I'm going in.
Was this the only league they could of entred in, or was there lower?

I'm not knocking their spirit and guts, good on 'em for trying.

dwight

Have a look at the Football NSW website Luddenham got beat by Balmain 7-0 (Jockey' got four goals btw)
on the weekend at least Penang got a goal.

Make no mistake the plan is a two to three year one this is the lowest league they could really enter but that doesn't stop guys like "Jockey" being there lets support Penang not knock it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred