• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penang F.C.

The Smart one

Just heard on the grapevine that Penang F.C. approved to play teams first and reserve grade mens senioirs in season 2008 Football NSW 1st division conference league, will keep you all posted, this got to be the best news I have heard in a long time

Rowdy

Trials are currently underway up at Mt Penang Sports Complex, Kariong on Tuesday nights.

Congrats to Tony on the acceptance from Football NSW.

for more info for those interested in playing rep football ring 0405-150-691.

fish

Not knowing alot about the local stuff are there any lightning players trialling there?
Any addition to the top level of football on the Coast has to be a good thing.Might make some of those not at lightning who travel to Sydney stay, wether or not its a lower level than they may currently play I think it might entice some.

kevrenor

Conference League Begins on the 6th of April 2008.

Teams competing in the NSW State League, Northern Conference League (4th tier down) are below

* Balmain FC
    * Bathurst 75
    * Gladesville Ryde Magic
    * Hawkesbury City
    * Luddenham United
    * Penang FC
    * Prospect United
    * Roosters FC
    * Springwood

My son's old side (who I ran a web site for) are Bathurst 75. I may even try to catch them at Kariong when they visit on 26 July.  Roosters and Springwood are always strong.

offtheball

I was confused I thought Penang were playing in the Northern NSW comp. Port Macquarie and belong.

This comp makes more sense.

The Smart one

What I have seen so far of the ground, the facility and the development going on behind the scenes this looks like its going to be a fantastic oppourtunity for players to acheive bigger and better things. I have also heard that for $350 fee you get tracksuit, training, playing uniforms, polo top, bag, includes rego and possibly expenses for travelling to away games, good luck to them. 

Rowdy

$350  :eek:  :vhappy:

What a MASSIVE! difference between the cost of playing rep football with CC Lightning, $900 -$1,000 approx.

fulltime

You are joking aren't you? Since when have Lightning senior players paid ANYTHING to play? $350 to play in a senior competition similar standard to local premier league. A fantastic opportunity to achieve bigger and better things? Than what ? This is a one off team for players not good enough to play for Lightning that think they are too good for the local premier league (which just happens to include the side which are the NSW Champion of champions). There are no junior teams involved at all.
Honestly - if you can't do beter than this sort of ignorant misguided crap don't post at all.           

Rowdy

I was comparing it to what the juniors pay at CCL, which IS $900-1000. I'm assuming that once the junior sides start next year they too will be paying a hell'uva lot less then the above amounts. 

"Don't post this crap!" wtf?

This coming from someone posting in their very 1st post telling someone else to not post 'crap'. ffs.

Omni

He's made a good choice on who to pick on in the first post, I don't know much about the division Penang FC are in but hey, good luck to them.

Penang FC V Lightning in the Conti Cup?

Jolly_Roger

I dont want to knock what is going on but i have to ask the question. Why would we regard a four tier state competition to be offering a better standard than our local premier league??

I know its early days but surely we would be offering a comparable standard in the local league.

Rowdy

It's all beside the point really, that point being, that this new rep club will provide another opportunity (perhaps next year or the season after that) for local kid's to play at a higher level than the local comp IF they have the abillity to do so.

Yeah, nobody is making claims that Penang FC IS to be seen as an equal to CCL, "why would you play there" type sentiments etc. are ones that are IGNORANT!

This club was given it's DIV 3 status w/ limited to 1st's &Reserves/U20's, with Tony stating to me that Football NSW would 'see how they go' and if the club's infrastructure is sound (not results based on a table) they would be allowed to enter junior boys and girls the following season.

It's a start, for a new club, to work on & could quite easily progress up the divisions in the forthcoming years.

Why?

Don't be ignorant, look at the facts.

NNSW Football have 28,000 registered players & are a Federation, that is recognised by the FFA as being a State, like NSW QLD, VIC etc.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/a-league/blood-yet-to-be-spilt-on-northern-battlefield/2007/12/06/1196812918634.html

Central Coast Football had approx. 13,000 registered players last season with that number surely to grow again this season on the back of the Mariners success this year, coupled with the Socceroo's as well. Their re-qualification process for the WC is already underway and building excitement. 

So thats roughly half the number of registered players here on the Coast to compare to the total of our neighboring federation, not bad eh!

Yet we only have ONE representative club on the coast, Lightning. CCF is experimenting with Central Coast Thunder this year playing in the Northern NSW Football Federations - SSI State Youth League, BUT only accomodates U13's, 14's, 15's Boys & U16's Girls.

So there is a definite need for more opportunities for kid's with the ability and passion to play this great game at higher levels than that of there local U11A's. As well I know of kids that have trialled and made the Coastie's/CCUFC/Lightning teams to then only have their parents walk away because of the cost's involved. So straight away Penang FC serves 'it's purpose'.

The Coast used to have 2 rep clubs in the NSW Prem, Coasties and Mingara Lakers, that was 6-7 years ago. They were forced to merge by Football NSW because of poor administration, but mostly because they were in massive debt. Central Coast United FC was born from the 2, and it too died a horrible debt ridden death only lasting 2 seasons.

I envisage a future where CC Lightning are back in the NSW Premier League, where they belong, along with the Youth (Womens & Girls are already in the Premier League) and Penang FC growing to become the 2nd tier rep club playing in the WSL.Thunder playing in the NNSW State League shouldn't be a problem either as we have the numbers to fill all 3, as I said we fielded 2 clubs over 6 years ago and look how far our game has grown since then.

Who knows, Penang FC may even surpass Lightning, as they have an EPL club ready and waiting to throw dollars at them knowing the potential for football in this country. A guy i know who's 15yo son who used to play for CCUFC/Lightning took his son to Blacktown after the Coast was demoted to Super League to play, Blacktown just sent and 'paid' for all cost's for this talented kid to go and trial for 2 weeks at 3 EPL Clubs in the hope of being signed & he was, on a 2 yr apprenticeship/ 1 yr Pro deal at Aston Villa!  When was the last time you heard of Coasties/CCUFC/Lightning doing anything like this? 

As for 'Fulltime', the ref hasn't even blown his whistle to start the game when it comes to the story of Penang FC, so how's about leaving your coins in your pocket instead of throwing them at the new kid on the park.

Ignorant? Nah, just positive.  ;)

son of weird Dad

i have a question ?

who knows where roosters fc is based cause me tony and the other boys don't know we think it i probably near the eastern suburbs  :piralaugh:

kevrenor

son of weird Dad said:
thanks heaps kevrenor will do  :thumbup:

No excuse for all the Auburn based Marinators not to stroll down with kebab in hand to have a look when you are away!

:headbounce:

son of weird Dad

and to fulltime who knows as much as my dogs escrement me have a brazilian trialing for us wtf do u have
u  :soapbox:

and yeah we do expect u marinators in auburn 2 show up with kebabs

The Smart one

Full day Sunday 24th, Penang F.C. have first ever trial game v Hawksbury City at Mount Penang Sports Complex, Kariong, reserves 10.30am kick off and firsts 12.15pm. Then its down the F3 to watch the Mariners bring home the winners trophy, I think Monday will be a write off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred