• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penang F.C.

dwight

I watched Penang play on Sunday and it was a historic day for the coast first games ever for a new club (even though they were trials ). The under 20 score was 8 - 0 I believe, against Hawkesbury - average age of the side
for Penang was 17 and I would say for Hawkesbury was closer to 25 - they looked like they had one 16 year old and
the rest seemed to be mostly from the first grade side. So taking this into account maybe the score wasn't too bad, there was no official ref so there was a few missed offsides.   
In first grade score at half time was 1 all I left five minutes into the second half and I would say that at that stage Penang was the stonger team all over the park I'm actually suprised they lost by that much, it was only a trial.
Remember guys new club - new team a team takes time to build lets get behind them and support this club the knockers are not needed.
This is about opportunity for the coast and players. Go Penang FC.

Paolo

If penang are a 'stronger' side, doesnt say much for the standard of the comp or hawksbury. There are people who are playing 1st grade with penang who were very ordinary in division one Reserve grade on the coast

dwight

I believe Hawkesbury won the reserve comp last year and the 1st grade side did pretty well - finished near the top.
They were in Super league a couple of seasons ago.
It's very premature to pick the standard of the comp on one trial game let's give the boys a go.
To anyone out there if you feel you got something to offer in ability on the park please see Tony and come down for a trial your most welcome.
Once again - This is about opportunity for the coast and players. Go Penang FC.

Paolo

my opinion isnt just based on the trial, it is based on a few of the players i know which have been selected and signed which are very ordinary players

voice of reason

Jolly_Roger said:
I dont want to knock what is going on but i have to ask the question. Why would we regard a four tier state competition to be offering a better standard than our local premier league??

I know its early days but surely we would be offering a comparable standard in the local league.

There is a slight sense of disillusionment with CCF and Lightning.  Rowdy is an example of that, and I am cynical of some of the coaching appointments and selections.  Whether or not you think it is justified, the Conference League offers players a change and a few different venues to play at, although the atmosphere of the games can be a bit torrid, from what I've heard. 

PenangFC also offers a breath of fresh air and appears to be well run.  The stadium and facilities have a long way to go to meet Super League standard, so it will be a few years before they can have aspirations to that level, but big things grow from little things!

The Smart one

I think you have to understand where Tony,s coming from, regardless of the players ability he needs to get two teams on the park for the start of the season 2008, I am sure he knows some players are not upto scratch but goodluck to them for giving it a go and who knows they may enjoy the ride, hey keensey if you are that good how come you have not trialed or you happy in your little comfort zone, a star in the making hey. The facility at Mount Penang is fantastic, the playing surface improves week by week, the dressing rooms are the best on the coast period and hot showers. A fence surrounds the ground and a good viewing area on the sandstone embankment which the juvenile inmates built during its occupancy. Tony tells me they still need 6 players of senior ability to strengthen both squads and I am sure he would look forward to seeing you keensey and others. Good luck to them, its fresh and its great.

fish

I hope they go ok and as I live just a short distance Ill be popping over when I can to support them.

son of weird Dad

sorry about the scores could have been better but i'm only 15 they stand about 20 cm over me and i am 170cm so defending headers is a pain in the arse

yeah if anyone wants 2 watch or trial feel free 2 come

Paolo

The Smart one said:
I think you have to understand where Tony,s coming from, regardless of the players ability he needs to get two teams on the park for the start of the season 2008, I am sure he knows some players are not upto scratch but goodluck to them for giving it a go and who knows they may enjoy the ride, hey keensey if you are that good how come you have not trialed or you happy in your little comfort zone, a star in the making hey. The facility at Mount Penang is fantastic, the playing surface improves week by week, the dressing rooms are the best on the coast period and hot showers. A fence surrounds the ground and a good viewing area on the sandstone embankment which the juvenile inmates built during its occupancy. Tony tells me they still need 6 players of senior ability to strengthen both squads and I am sure he would look forward to seeing you keensey and others. Good luck to them, its fresh and its great.
hahaha, yes im happy where i am otherwise i wouldnt still be at the club i am *hits forehead*.
When did i say im a star in the making?
Also, maybe i didnt trial for them because i neally died back in july after extensive head and facial injuries and it wasnt exactly a high priority to risk further injury by rushing back onto the football field earlier then necessary(not that i would have trialed for penang anyway)

I hope this has cleared things up for you ;).......now run along

The Smart one

Sounds like a grudge against Tony rather then the club or the players, maybe you should meet up with him, I am sure he can put the record straight, thats if you have the balls. 

Paolo

hahaha, incorrect. how many times do i have to repeat myself

I don't see the benefit of playing in a 4th division sydney comp, there are numerous players who have made it who are very ordinary players and would struggle to make reserves in 1st division on the coast and then there is tony.

Why do i need to meet up with tony so he can put the record straight, im sure he knows how people at Gosford feel about him.

p.s  ::) :piralaugh: at the "if you have the balls" comment

son of weird Dad

keensy u r allowed 2 have your personal opinion and guys don't knock him cause there was a lot of shit about gossy and wyoming but that was last year and this is now

plus this saturday around 3pm we have a game against kincumber so that should see if we are better than the local league or not

mariners4ever

p.s also have a huge dislike for tony, anyone who coaches at two rival clubs(16a's gosford and 18a's wyoming) is a dickhead in my eyes, especially after the lengths he went to to try and stop 16s players backing up for 18s at gosford because he was worried about how it would affect his wyoming side.

I hope this has cleared things up for you ;).......now run along
[/quote]

yeh i agree with you keensy for a person to coach BOTH wyoming under 18's and gosford 16's must be desperate to coach

From the dug out

Who runs this club, Tony or a committee?

Is Tony the coach?

What infrustructure do they need to climb divisions?

How are they making money?

Kareem

I was trialling for u20s for Mt Penang. Great coach...but the quality is seriously lacking. If I satyed I could have made the squad (most likely as a utility player?)(which shows how bad the quality was there, lol) but I didnt want to pay $350 just to be be able to call myself a 'rep' player. (although it was seriously tempting). I am content with training with reserves and 18s at the moment and my $130 rego.

You know, reading down this thread filled with puerile posts, reminded me why I signed on as Secretary at one of the local clubs.

Internal Politics and chinese whispers...please, give me a break. CCF loses millions a couple of years ago and everything is hunky dory? Who is kidding who?

Now keensy, Tony coached two teams. Oh...my...God. Stop the presses. How about some other person putting their hand up to coach? Oh, that's right...people don't.

Could there possibly be as lowly a person as Tony; the man who coached two (not one) teams? It's conspiracy of the highest order. What ho!! What ho!! (if you cannot read the sarcasm in this line, your ancestors were the control group in Gods experiment with evolution.)

It's good to see someone with enough passion trying to better football on the coast. (Of course, if you've got a few mill to hand CCF, I'm sure they'd be greatful.)

I know, why don't we all follow a start up club that's already at the top? That'd keep everyone happy. Certainly no room for losers who can't make it before their first season starts, is there?

Good luck to Tony and Penang FC. I hope all your plans come to fruition.

Mephistopheles.

Paolo

mephistopheles said:
You know, reading down this thread filled with puerile posts, reminded me why I signed on as Secretary at one of the local clubs.

Internal Politics and chinese whispers...please, give me a break. CCF loses millions a couple of years ago and everything is hunky dory? Who is kidding who?

Now keensy, Tony coached two teams. Oh...my...God. Stop the presses. How about some other person putting their hand up to coach? Oh, that's right...people don't.

Could there possibly be as lowly a person as Tony; the man who coached two (not one) teams? It's conspiracy of the highest order. What ho!! What ho!! (if you cannot read the sarcasm in this line, your ancestors were the control group in Gods experiment with evolution.)

It's good to see someone with enough passion trying to better football on the coast. (Of course, if you've got a few mill to hand CCF, I'm sure they'd be greatful.)

I know, why don't we all follow a start up club that's already at the top? That'd keep everyone happy. Certainly no room for losers who can't make it before their first season starts, is there?

Good luck to Tony and Penang FC. I hope all your plans come to fruition.

Mephistopheles.
Oh why thank you for your words of wisdom, you have completely changed my view of tony, he is such a great man..... ::) (see, i can be sarcastic aswell)

Dude, it isnt going to bother me what you stay i will still be of the same opinion that anyone who coaches two teams at separate clubs is a dickhead, especially one who went out of his way to try and prevent players from gosford playing in the 18s because it would hurt his wyoming 18s sides chances.

Lokez

I agree with Keensy! Tony aswell as taking some local bogans he has talked some good gossy players into going as well! I have been coached by tony and didnt learn much from him at all and i see these good young players going backward. And it is no way attractive to me or Keensy to leave our dragons for a sad season with Penang FC. all for wat benifit i ask would anyone play for Penang !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred