• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paul in or out no fence sitting

Paul’s position

• Total voters

Woollybutt

IMO. Idon't see PO having many better options than us. He's too green and has shown it. MC has given him a long leash to make wholesale changes from bottom to top re the squad. So if a contract is on the table I foresee him taking it.
If he does go, look at Arthur Papas, Gary Phillips, maybe Aurelio Vidmar, at a stretch Milicic. Maybe someone foreign but couldn't and anyone.
For what it's worth I've heard it's Arnie that was pushing for Okon as his replacement rather than anyone upstairs at Sydney or from within Okon's camp. If that's true then Okon wouldn't necessarily have Sydney's full backing, which isn't a great situation for any coach (just look at what happened when Hiddink pushed for Arnie as Socceroos coach). As you say, having full control and the club's full backing here may be more attractive than working for a board that has reservations about you.

Gratis

We had enough quality in players on the park to beat Perth. That was poor coaching and a poor game plan, executed poorly by players who didn't have a choice.

FFC Mariner

Ben Cahn did an amazing job with what started as an average academy side. Had a plan B and was flexible in his tactics so a certain person asked for him to be sacked (maybe he was too greedy?)
Sadly the great prospects who followed him from Queensland left too (Fox was a gun and a better striker than we have now!)
What he has done with his QPL side (Olympic) is impressive. Top of the league by miles.
He could be expected to tell us to get f**ked but he'd leave the 2 arse clowns we have now for dead.

Tevor

How many of those "keep him" voters feel the same way after the Perth match. So many things wrong with our club at the moment I couldn't be bothered to put them all down on the forum. He has to go IMO.

Ancient Mariner

Positives

Conclusion
I will sit on the fence. If he is given another year I will give him the benefit of the doubt and pray he can straighten the mess out.
If he goes I will not shed any tears.

Tend towards one more year for want of a better option.

After last night's effort it has become clear to me that we could have Tieri (sp?)Henri up front at his peak and we would still not score goals.

Unfortunately it is clearly obvious that Okon has no idea about the attacking third of the pitch. We have players with attacking ability but they have no idea what to do when they get forward. I am afraid that is down to management and the team tactics.

I was sitting on the fence leaning towards another year. A gust of westerly wind has blown me completely off it and over the other side.

The two must go.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
#OkonOut #TakeIvanWithYou
EX3Ztj.jpg

Big Al

Lets see if he can attack with better players next year.
At SFC

Bye Bye.

Get someone who understands being an underdog a fighter and who embraces our culture and our legends.

Where is Danny McBrean (heard he’d happily do a session with the strikers)

Where is Monty - pushed away and no where near the team that needs him.

There are plenty more.

Embrace the CCM not try and turn them into bland boring tripe

FFC Mariner

Lets see if he can attack with better players next year.
At SFC

Bye Bye.

Get someone who understands being an underdog a fighter and who embraces our culture and our legends.

Where is Danny McBrean (heard he’d happily do a session with the strikers)

Where is Monty - pushed away and no where near the team that needs him.

There are plenty more.

Embrace the CCM not try and turn them into bland boring tripe

I wonder if there is a reason why experienced pro's with an opinion arent allowed in?

Wombat

I wonder if there is a reason why experienced pro's with an opinion arent allowed in?

talking to a Yoof team parent last week and he told me...

1. Cahn was a very good coach.
2. Sully is a greaser as was Mossy....so regardless of any talent there is a job for suck arse people......i.e Nichols in the cricket.
3. Jolic is a mug but is Okon's boy......the are a pair.

FFC Mariner

talking to a Yoof team parent last week and he told me...

1. Cahn was a very good coach.
2. Sully is a greaser as was Mossy....so regardless of any talent there is a job for suck arse people......i.e Nichols in the cricket.
3. Jolic is a mug but is Okon's boy......the are a pair.

^This

localpom

I've been sitting on the fence for the last couple of months. I've now fallen off......it's time for a change. I don't think the current management will ever get the culture and haven't got anywhere near the best of some decent players we have. Every player seems to have gone backwards and even players like Wout, Tommy H, Baro, who are at least the quality required, should be performing better. The players don't look happy. Nor are the fans.

serious14

Out.

Trash at the Gold Coast, complete and utter shit with the national 20s/23s and embarrassing himself with us via the stale, FFA curriculum garbage he jams down our throats every week.

Charlesworth needs to go as well, but that's a separate issue.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Out.

Trash at the Gold Coast, complete and utter shit with the national 20s/23s and embarrassing himself with us via the stale, FFA curriculum garbage he jams down our throats every week.

Charlesworth needs to go as well, but that's a separate issue.
If Charlesworth isn't going to put in more coin
and we can't attract more sponsorship money
Then we need a new business partner to help out Charlesworth.
Unless somebody has another income source? Because without more money, it looks like this is going to be our lot moving forwards.

style_cafe

It`s time to say goodbye to Okon.
I was willing to give him another season (a few weeks ago) but nothing seems to have changed & a coach that cannot motivate his players is just not a real coach.
The same old dross in the post match conferences just shows that he is clueless as to what needs to be done.
The idea of giving him a coaching position with an Australian u23 team,when he has never coached a club team before,just shows why this country is stagnating at the moment.
There are plenty of NPL teams that he could have cut his teeth on before getting an A League gig.

As a club, we need a manager that understands us.
Understands the culture,understands the fans & is willing to work within the parameters that we have.

We need Mariner`s people!
The Hutch`s, Monty, McBreen, Dutchy.
These are the sort of guys we need involved with the club
I`m sure the fans would be much more tolerent of a coach that bleeds Yellow/Navy than a mercenary that is just using us a stepping stone to a richer club.

Forum Phoenix

It`s time to say goodbye to Okon.
I was willing to give him another season (a few weeks ago) but nothing seems to have changed & a coach that cannot motivate his players is just not a real coach.
The same old dross in the post match conferences just shows that he is clueless as to what needs to be done.
The idea of giving him a coaching position with an Australian u23 team,when he has never coached a club team before,just shows why this country is stagnating at the moment.
There are plenty of NPL teams that he could have cut his teeth on before getting an A League gig.

As a club, we need a manager that understands us.
Understands the culture,understands the fans & is willing to work within the parameters that we have.

We need Mariner`s people!
The Hutch`s, Monty, McBreen, Dutchy.
These are the sort of guys we need involved with the club
I`m sure the fans would be much more tolerent of a coach that bleeds Yellow/Navy than a mercenary that is just using us a stepping stone to a richer club.

Great post.

Ozhammer

I know I was previously accused of having an agenda against Paolo but in reality people are now only seeing what I could see some weeks and months ago.

I can personally live with limited investment in the team if that is the reality of our situation but I cannot stand by when I see the effective destruction of our historic ability to punch above our weight and pride in the shirt. In my opinion that comes back to a basic lack of man management skills, which will simply never work within our operating parameters. It also rankles with me that Okon is now blaming the economics of the situation for the team’s predicament, which only goes to show how blind he is to his own failings. This is your team and your system Mr Okon, how about you take ownership of the situation and some heartfelt honesty would at least be a refreshing change.

Even if he somehow managed to win the remaining games, he still wouldn’t be the right coach for our club, so he needs to accept this and move on at the conclusion of his contract. After all, there must surely be a long line of clubs queueing up for his signature?

Last edited:

pjennings

How many of those "keep him" voters feel the same way after the Perth match. So many things wrong with our club at the moment I couldn't be bothered to put them all down on the forum. He has to go IMO.

As you said - while the poll is still quite close it would be interesting to see a new poll. I suspect the result wouldn't be close any more.

VicMariner

I'll stay a "keep him" until I see a better coach available who we can afford.
MC will only pay for a mediocre manager and then the team starts from scratch again and it's another season down the drain.

I'd take a Ramon Tribulietx.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred