• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paul in or out no fence sitting

Paul’s position

• Total voters

Insertnamehere

I keep thinking that Okon has shown enough to suggest he could become a good coach, but he's also shown that he is intransigent tactically. That just has to overrule his potential right now. Good on you for playing some pretty football at first, you failed to adapt when it was found out. Unless you come out and openly state and prove you are willing to change, you simply aren't needed here. It's not what the players, club, or fans need.
Ange and Arnie had a few tries and fails before getting ridiculously right. He may come good but not here, not now. So I def agree with you

FFC Mariner

Gold Coast
Young Socceroos
Us

His track record is a depressingly similar story of failure, he has no tactical awareness and plays HIS system regardless of the quality of the players he has. Arnie and Ange went well because they had better players and more money than anyone else.

Arnie with a level playing field (Socceroos in Asia, club coach in Japan) and he failed. Ange is scraping by so far in Japan so we will see.

true believer

I keep thinking that Okon has shown enough to suggest he could become a good coach, but he's also shown that he is intransigent tactically. That just has to overrule his potential right now. Good on you for playing some pretty football at first, you failed to adapt when it was found out. Unless you come out and openly state and prove you are willing to change, you simply aren't needed here. It's not what the players, club, or fans need.
The same system has been used australia wide . It nearly cost us world cup qualification .
Okon needs years to get that shit out of his head .
And australia needs to bury that wasted 5 years . Hopeful arnie will solve that.

priorpeter

I was saying that the team is a flogged horse and to expect anything better than sharted undies is ludicrous. I sure as buggery wouldn't have burnt a couple hundge flying to Melba to see them and thus wouldnt expect a refund for the performance displayed.
I was tipping 4-0, so technically they did pay overs....

Good for you champ. I booked the trip months ago and if you legitimately took my comment as anything more than a frustrated, tongue-mostly-in-cheek outburst, well, whatever.

Insertnamehere

I'm so happy I don't know whether to sh*t or jerk it. Joking.
What a memorable and miserable day. Memorable because okons gone, miserable because they didn't sack him.

Ozhammer

We can only hope that the bloke had the decency to say this is my mess and I’ll take the fall but I somehow doubt it......

Gratis

I'm so happy I don't know whether to sh*t or jerk it. Joking.
What a memorable and miserable day. Memorable because okons gone, miserable because they didn't sack him.
it's better this way. a sacking requires a contract payout

this suggests Okon did the honorable thing

Ozhammer

Hearing that Sully will be taking the first team for the remainder of the season. He is worse than Okon for mine and why f*ck is Monty not being put in charge? Sully has failed the NYL and academy, so how the feck will this improve things. Right now what fans need to see is someone coming in that can motivate the team to show that they care about the shirt they wear. Sully couldn’t even manage that with impressionable youngsters, so how will he do that with a group of professionals?

Ancient Mariner

Hearing that Sully will be taking the first team for the remainder of the season. He is worse than Okon for mine and why f*ck is Monty not being put in charge? Sully has failed the NYL and academy, so how the feck will this improve things. Right now what fans need to see is someone coming in that can motivate the team to show that they care about the shirt they wear. Sully couldn’t even manage that with impressionable youngsters, so how will he do that with a group of professionals?

Do not fret he was just next in the pecking order. He will not be the new coach. Wombat stands a better chance, especially if Shaun likes 442.

Gratis

Sully makes sense. No one will blame him for a run of bad results now.
If Monty took over and we cop 5 goals every game he'd have that smear against his name even though not his fault. I wouldn't go there

Pirate Pete

Sully makes sense. No one will blame him for a run of bad results now.
If Monty took over and we cop 5 goals every game he'd have that smear against his name even though not his fault. I wouldn't go there
Surely Monty will be on the bench in some capacity on Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred