• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paul in or out no fence sitting

Paul’s position

• Total voters

style_cafe

For what it's worth I've heard it's Arnie that was pushing for Okon as his replacement rather than anyone upstairs at Sydney or from within Okon's camp. If that's true then Okon wouldn't necessarily have Sydney's full backing, which isn't a great situation for any coach (just look at what happened when Hiddink pushed for Arnie as Socceroos coach). As you say, having full control and the club's full backing here may be more attractive than working for a board that has reservations about you.

I`m sure they`ll think that Arnie`s strongest point is picking a successor...:popcorn:

Big Al

As you said - while the poll is still quite close it would be interesting to see a new poll. I suspect the result wouldn't be close any more.
Had a look pre perth game and the in’s were in front by 3 or 4 votes. Now has swung to a 7 point lead for out.

Wombat

I'd take Monty over Hutch. Played at a much higher level and would have experienced better coaching techniques than Hutcho has experienced.

true believer

I was gunna have another rant about possesion based football . But thats not all of okons problems . Fp talked about movement . I know almost nothing about football . Yet say to my lad " run striaght down the middle . Forget where the ball is if you get to the top of the box then there is a good chance the ball will come to you."
When we make a break its their guys that get back and its 4 on 1.
He's gotta go sorry .

shipwreck

He can't have the dressing room any more. See out the year, exit with dignity, hopefully admit his failings and not just blame the constraints put on him and we can all move on.

I've been calling it for months now, pointing out how the fact he failed to recruit in his means and punch above his weight is what makes him a poor coach, he was constantly given the benefit of the doubt by many fans but I'm glad most are agreeing with my original thoughts.

Big Al

Would anyone change their minds if Jolic was dumped for a more experienced Assistant coach?

You see coachs now days sacking their assistants to save their own skin and say here is the change we all want.

I doubt this would happen but a possibility

Wombat

He should definitely do that but Paul appears to be stubborn and his mateship with Joilc might stop him from making a smart decision.

Ozhammer

Would anyone change their minds if Jolic was dumped for a more experienced Assistant coach?

You see coachs now days sacking their assistants to save their own skin and say here is the change we all want.

And therein lies the problem you see, Okon doesn’t want anyone within the football department to threaten his authority, which is why he first got rid of Hutch and then sidelined Monty. From what I hear, he simply isn’t one to take advice from others, even those he bought into the club.

He is statistics and dogma driven, when a more holistic approach might just have produced something better from the players he has available to him. Apparently Adam Berry stands out in most training sessions as one of our best footballers but he doesn’t even make Okon’s bench and I even hear that he want rid of him, which would be a tragedy.

Insertnamehere

The reality is it seems he's a bit of an old school type with an exclusionary type way of doing things, eg Adam berry. This is the not the day and age to do that. If it is true I have zero interest in PO remaining at the club and shows where the failure is at the club. It's not a community club if you're going to treat your players like dogs. Community is about bringing everyone together.

Wombat

Too be fair Berry has had a fair few chances and hasn't grasped them and was absolutely woeful pre-season. His is also not a position that desperately needs fixing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred