• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mulvey's gotta...go?

Should Mulvey go?

• Yes

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

Cricko_086

So 72% out to 27% stay.

I think those 27% stay were from about a month ago. Either way does anyone actually see him being moved on? I just have a feeling MC doesn’t want to bother himself with finding a new coach and therefore we shall have our worst coach ever until his contract runs out.

turbo

Either way does anyone actually see him being moved on?

I can see MC hesitating at paying him out which is fair enough but can see them pushing for a mutual termination. The angle for MM leaving that way would be how much damage he does to his reputation, after one season MM can blame hangover signings, club culture or interference, bad luck with injuries etc but the longer he stays the less excuses he has to hide behind. Even if he is on a good deal he needs to consider what damage a repeat year does to his career.

Ancient Mariner

He cannot shift the blame there were few hangovers nd the injury signings were his. Back to SE Asia where he told us he was offered more than here.

turbo

He cannot shift the blame there were few hangovers nd the injury signings were his
I’m not saying it’s justified but if he were to walk now he could limit the damage somewhat. If someone didn’t dig too deep they would see the club has been a basket case for a while and he couldn’t dig them out. You can spin one season. That stench is far harder to outrun if you have a record worst season and another bad one nevermind two more.

Holy

He cannot shift the blame there were few hangovers nd the injury signings were his. Back to SE Asia where he told us he was offered more than here.
Correct, and he cannot hide from the tactics his employed throughout the season. Continually playing a back 3 with inexperienced kids still learning their trade and expecting a different result, madness.

Seems a nice enough bloke, but has been shown up to be out of his depth.

Maybe we could all chip in for a one way ticket back to Thailand. It would be money well spent.

ballantyne

Correct, and he cannot hide from the tactics his employed throughout the season. Continually playing a back 3 with inexperienced kids still learning their trade and expecting a different result, madness.
But remember back to the beginning of the season, when our midfield was just hopeless. This 3 at the back business was expedient, and looked OK for a while.
Remember last season when we rarely threatened an opposition goal.
So I'm not so down on the tactics, more the HR.

turbo

This 3 at the back business was expedient, and looked OK for a while
3 at the back has been our best formation IMO, although that isnt saying much.

Remember last season when we rarely threatened an opposition goal.
Last season over 27 matches we scored 28 goals. This season after 20 we've scored 22. It might look different on the pitch but the stats are very similar. Also last season we conceded 49 including a whole lot in the last round, we're already at 48 this season.

Wombat

That is what a back 3 does........................not suprisingly you conceed more goals.................sheesh!

Forum Phoenix

What? I don’t think we’ve played with a back four at all this season?

Oh wait, I see, you were actually counting Cisse.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What? I don’t think we’ve played with a back four at all this season?

Oh wait, I see, you were actually counting Cisse.
Oh yeah, Cisse - so that means we had games with a back 2?

Seriously, thinking a back 3 was a good idea with our roster just shows how inept Mulvey is. He HAS to go - but unless others I mentioned in my essay-length thread go as well (including SM), nothing will change.

Youngy

How is the voting going.
Are we going to keep magic mike.
Sorry but nisbet and graham and the dude from pommyland are not A League standard.
Nice job getting rid of golec and swapping him with neurofen.

Insertnamehere

How is the voting going.
Are we going to keep magic mike.
Sorry but nisbet and graham and the dude from pommyland are not A League standard.
Nice job getting rid of golec and swapping him with neurofen.
All 3 players mentioned absolutely are HAL level. Bigger problems than players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred