• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mulvey's gotta...go?

Should Mulvey go?

• Yes

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

greenlig

Let us pray...
psalm 109.8

It reads [google psalm 109.8 if you like]

"May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership"

Cracking psalm, reads like Wombat's posts from the other night.
9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

Wombat

A valid concern, but as others have mentioned there are plenty of players drawing more than their worth at the moment. Might also be a continuation of the reasons that saw him miss games earlier in the season and start on the bench and behind Melling on the weekend. If we're paying too much offer him a contract at market rate but lets not kid ourselves that we'll pick up a good replacement without paying a premium for them. Unfortunately a deserved lack of faith in the people making the decisions is leading people to assume the worst rather than some grand plan.

What f**king grand plan??????????????????? Is he cheap?.......can he walk upright?................is he happy to play for the minimum wage???? Oh shut up mike........he sounds perfect....sign him to a 2 year deal.

Wombat

I am willing to let this next game go but if we dont win it and Vulvey doesnt pick God then its time for a protest at training.

Who has the guts to join me at Lisarow for an attitude adjustment session for Vulvey!!??

Youngy

Did anyone hear Mulvey’s press conference. What a frkn joke he is.
But i think the joke is on us all as we allow this imposter to take the piss every week.
You can continue to delete my posts but i will keep telling you i predicted this debarcle as soon as we signed the Mumba(MM).

Antlion

Factoring in for player quality (which Mulvey himself selected albeit with limited funds) Mulvey has STILL shown he is, at best, below the competence level required for HAL.
Evdence:
- tactics don't work yet don't change
- structure and game plan for the squad we have is impractical, at best
- not settling on a first 11 has meant a pres-season only level of team understanding
- inability to judge players (Hiariej vs Melling-Hoole-Kennedy - seriously WTF?)
- inability to select and time subs
- inability to produce improved performances through training or even half time team talks
- inability to adjust tactics to the opposition - either during play or at half-time (we are ALWAYS a worse team after half time)
- unable to coach out regular, predictable player errors that should be worked on through the week
- recruitment imbalance - not talking about quality by why so many of the same positions?
- 1 win/20 games. Contract termination in any professional league anywhere in the world every day of the week

My list ends there because I can't be bothered but there is more. Feel free to increase this list.

#MulveyOutASAP

turbo

- recruitment imbalance - not talking about quality by why so many of the same positions

We never recruited a starting quality attacking mid and it shows in our attack. He went for Oar but as we saw early looked to play him out wide. Had Hoole on the books already and enough history there to show he’s not the player we can expect big things from. Mcglinchey similarly wasn’t setting the league on fire with the nix, why would we expect otherwise here?

MM put himself massively on the back foot with the squad he largely recruited/extended. He hasn’t shown the quality needed to turn things around and our game going forward is very limited. Long to Simon or a winger makes a break. No fast counter or playing though the middle.

At least with Okon we could see where he wanted to get to and I think with a better striker we might have got there. If MM has a plan I don’t think it’s a realistic one, Simon as our target man just doesn’t work and he never got much from Ross either.

marinermick

Factoring in for player quality (which Mulvey himself selected albeit with limited funds) Mulvey has STILL shown he is, at best, below the competence level required for HAL.
Evdence:
- tactics don't work yet don't change
- structure and game plan for the squad we have is impractical, at best
- not settling on a first 11 has meant a pres-season only level of team understanding
- inability to judge players (Hiariej vs Melling-Hoole-Kennedy - seriously WTF?)
- inability to select and time subs
- inability to produce improved performances through training or even half time team talks
- inability to adjust tactics to the opposition - either during play or at half-time (we are ALWAYS a worse team after half time)
- unable to coach out regular, predictable player errors that should be worked on through the week
- recruitment imbalance - not talking about quality by why so many of the same positions?
- 1 win/20 games. Contract termination in any professional league anywhere in the world every day of the week

My list ends there because I can't be bothered but there is more. Feel free to increase this list.

#MulveyOutASAP

Agree with all of this.

There is a small part of my thought that if we recruited a Jamie Young quality keeper we would have been in seventh or eighth and there would be far less vitriol.

Forum Phoenix

Agree with all of this.

There is a small part of my thought that if we recruited a Jamie Young quality keeper we would have been in seventh or eighth and there would be far less vitriol.

Very likely true. Seriously, you’re playing CB, how do you build confidence with Kennedy behind you? He doesn’t come when you want or need him to and regularly lets in saveable goals.

Not even joking, I clench every time the ball moves towards him.

Biggest mistake of Mulvey is that he did not identify how rubbish Kennedy is and how good Tom is. But because of the impact a keeper has on the game. I see him as easily the biggest mistake he’s made.

true believer

I am willing to let this next game go but if we dont win it and Vulvey doesnt pick God then its time for a protest at training.

Who has the guts to join me at Lisarow for an attitude adjustment session for Vulvey!!??
thats to hard to get to jimmy.
i think we put our memberships in clear plastic bags walk down to where the players come out so its on camera and give them
to whoever will take them on camera and leave .
with a note thanks for nothing pikey , shaun and mm

Wombat

Did anyone hear Mulvey’s press conference. What a frkn joke he is.
But i think the joke is on us all as we allow this imposter to take the piss every week.
You can continue to delete my posts but i will keep telling you i predicted this debarcle as soon as we signed the Mumba(MM).

Maybe tell us about you history and we will take you seriously.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred