• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mulvey's gotta...go?

Should Mulvey go?

• Yes

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
You know what one good thing about bringing Phil Brown and a couple of Indians into the team..Bay16 would have to learn how to dance Bollywood style...I’d pay to see that :vhappy::overheadl:

Pirate Pete

this guy ?
"Former Hull City, Southend United and Swindon Town boss Phil Brown has been named as the head coach of Indian Super League outfit FC Pune City for the rest of this season"

I mentioned him last week. Somebody had linked an article about the Mariners.
Further down the page there was a bit about Phil Brown coaching in India and he said he wouldn't mind a job in Australia.
Here you go. https://outline.com/PTacFg
FANS of perma-tanned English coaches will be delighted to hear that former Hull City boss Phil Brown, now coaching Puna City in the Indian Super League, is angling for a job in the A-League. Brown once forced his Hull players to sit on the pitch at halftime while he gave them a dressing down, and celebrated promotion by grabbing the stadium mike and singing to the crowd.

MagpieMariner

Remember what many thought when we heard Arnie was coming? #ArnoldOut? The prevailing thought was we're going to hell in a hand-basket. I just hope the new one who comes in gives the same initial impression and leaves with the same legacy.

Josho Howe

I think the best thing about the Phil Brown players sitting on the pitch at half time thing is when Jimmy Bullard mocked it for a goal celebration.

Forum Phoenix

I mentioned him last week. Somebody had linked an article about the Mariners.
Further down the page there was a bit about Phil Brown coaching in India and he said he wouldn't mind a job in Australia.
Here you go. https://outline.com/PTacFg
FANS of perma-tanned English coaches will be delighted to hear that former Hull City boss Phil Brown, now coaching Puna City in the Indian Super League, is angling for a job in the A-League. Brown once forced his Hull players to sit on the pitch at halftime while he gave them a dressing down, and celebrated promotion by grabbing the stadium mike and singing to the crowd.
That’s the level of personality we’ll need to have any chance at all.

Youngy

Last post on Mulvey
But if you are true fans listen to podcast on stoppage time.
A great insight into the incompetance of mulvey and monty.
Left team tactics on ipads of former players so they could show their new team. Fricken unbelievable.
MM Did not believe in sports science he said he knew everything.
The sad thing is that the forum members on here were on his side until nearly the death.

shipwreck

Last post on Mulvey
But if you are true fans listen to podcast on stoppage time.
A great insight into the incompetance of mulvey and monty.
Left team tactics on ipads of former players so they could show their new team. Fricken unbelievable.
MM Did not believe in sports science he said he knew everything.
The sad thing is that the forum members on here were on his side until nearly the death.

Would love to, which one specifically?

Antlion

Agree with everything you said and found it informative about some of the incompetence but the line above was a head scratcher. This thread started on Jan 1, with the vote being in majority for Mulvey out the whole time since.
#Mulveyout was being used in discussion in other threads well prior to this.

shipwreck

Great podcast as far as cotnent is concerned, frustrating af from an Audio quality perspective is concerned, volume levels are all over the place for one of the speakers.

adz

Staff member
f**k me, sorry to anyone who disagrees (feel free to click the disagree button lol) but that podcast is PAINFUL. Longest intro ever, 50 seconds before he even starts talking. He says soccer, then goes to say it again but corrects himself and says soc... football*. Ray Gatt - the head, head man, sport man... haven't even got past the intro and I want to throw my computer across the room.

*why the correction? It's called soccer stoppage time not football stoppage time. o_O

shipwreck

f**k me, sorry to anyone who disagrees (feel free to click the disagree button lol) but that podcast is PAINFUL. Longest intro ever, 50 seconds before he even starts talking. He says soccer, then goes to say it again but corrects himself and says soc... football*. Ray Gatt - the head, head man, sport man... haven't even got past the intro and I want to throw my computer across the room.

*why the correction? It's called soccer stoppage time not football stoppage time. o_O
Haha agree bro, found myself cringing just to get to the finish, sounded like a bunch of NRL guys talking about football.
To be fair the content and insight to the incompetence of the coaching staff was great to hear.

Reactions: adz

FFC Mariner

This is an organisation that cant monitor the email account of ex staff members, what makes anyone think they change passwords

Ancient Mariner

Central Coast Ramble Football Podcast makes that lot look like amateur hour. Jimmy and the boys present a much more professional and well thought out product it is amazing.

I have never heard so much crap repeated over and over again, with so many errors in fact, so many ego driven opinions, and so many contradictions.

Thanks for drawing my attention to it. It is an hour of my life I will never get back again.

I will not waste my time again. Mick's term douche canoe is so appropriate.

adz

Staff member
Interesting what they say though if you can get past the crap at the start.

* Monty cops it. (a lot ...)
* Mulvey cops it for not listening to advice about recruits.
* Training a shambles
* Guys going to training wearing Sydney FC gear?
* No video analysis - players doing their own... [ffs]
* Matt Simon confronted Mulvey about all this
* Mulvey made a call on Matt Millar saying "he won't make it" and "Shabow not good enough"
* Former players still had access to "inter-club documentation" - I assume this is what @Youngy is alluding to about the iPads - basically allowing former players and their new coaches access to what Mulvey is doing at training?? Because their access wasn't revoked?? [Sounds plausible but farrrrk...]
* Need a coach that will attempt to replicate (the good ole' days), sign 3 gun foreigners, 4-5 hard heads, and 16 kids
* "Let's get Montgomery in, because he carries his heart on his sleeve.. well that's good, so does the bloke down at Terrigal Pub, but you're not gonna make him the coach..." [ahahahaa...]
* The chairman is more interested in smoking cigars with people at FIFA and people in England that will never help his game
* There is quite a long argument about bringing Hutch in, where Gatty deflects a lot of the questions with "you obviously have someone in mind" and "who would you bring in then", which imo misses the point that Hutch just isn't the right person for the job right now.
* The Mariners trade on $7-8 million budget per year, the top 4 $18-21 million and the rest $11-15 million... [makes you wonder how we can possibly compete with the top teams, how would you even generate that sort of money without someone simply dipping into their pocket and chucking it in there?]
* Charlesworth has been more focused on the land acquisitions than the football, and he is more interested in being able to say "I own a football club" and go to the social functions, as opposed to planning, structuring, and supporting the development of the Central Coast Mariners
* 1/4 of the staff of mid range clubs
* Senior coaches earning less than assistant coaches at other clubs

Interview with Shaun;
* SM reply re Huch: Promised Hutch that whenever there is a coaching position, Hutch would be called, because every time his name will get associated with the club. The structure around the club needs to be put in place before considering a long-term coach. Sporting director, resources allocated for recruitment.
* SM on what will be different this time, re structures and processes: resources and the amount of money being budgeted and allocated. Charlesworth is going to increase the resources within the club. Specifically around recruitment.
* TR: You can start by sacking the whole coaching staff, because most of them have got no idea and they're prehistoric; so you can start by removing all of them, because the youth setup at the moment, even within the communication channels of some of your youth directors and some of your academy coaches and youth coaches, is non-existent and fraudulent, at the moment, very fragnated, and very dysfunctional. -- pause -- SM: I can only take that feedback onboard.
* SM: Mike Phelan does have a role within the club. Daily conversations. He has put in structures re the academy. Starting to work closely with MM but got called back to ManU. Was always going to be a short term role.
* SM: This period has flagged the specific resources differences (vs the top teams) that we have. It's one thing to say we're only spending 50% of the other clubs, but what's even more important is the less resources that we have for the tools of trade and the support around the football department. We have budgets for video analysis, but how those budgets have been allocated, how they've been used and implemented, is strongly a focus right now, and definitely flagged as some of the key issues that held us back at times, when we had half time leads and couldn't convert or hold on for a draw. It's more than just an individual's responsibility, this doesn't sit with one person at the club it's with everybody in every little way and every decision that we've made, the money that we've got and how we've spent it.
* TR: Shaun takes a lot of bullets for decisions out of his control - he was not running the football side of it, it was Mike Phelan, Mike Mulvey and alike. It's not until recently he was called into the fold because an under-resourced club needed the CEO to focus on other areas of the business.
* Some more ripping into the coaches allowing players to leave and not taking them off something called "the huddle" group of tactics - allowing other coaches to access the Mariners tactics, probably an ongoing issue

After hearing Tony Rallis speaking, it would be good to hear his side of the story re arguments with Mulvey and allegations of putting the squeeze on the club to have his players favoured. Douche canoe or not, he at least seems to speak his mind, in what he sees as "facts" and put the hard questions to Gatty and Shaun.

Start about 11:40 and they are talking about promotion/relegation and it goes into CC Mariners. I've put some of the main points (ok a bit more than I was originally intending to, but most of the podcast is dedicated to CCM) above but there is more and well worth a listen.

NoDiggity

;)
Interesting what they say though if you can get past the crap at the start.

* Monty cops it. (a lot ...)
* Mulvey cops it for not listening to advice about recruits.
* Training a shambles
* Guys going to training wearing Sydney FC gear?
* No video analysis - players doing their own... [ffs]
* Matt Simon confronted Mulvey about all this
* Mulvey made a call on Matt Millar saying "he won't make it" and "Shabow not good enough"
* Former players still had access to "inter-club documentation" - I assume this is what @Youngy is alluding to about the iPads - basically allowing former players and their new coaches access to what Mulvey is doing at training?? Because their access wasn't revoked?? [Sounds plausible but farrrrk...]
* Need a coach that will attempt to replicate (the good ole' days), sign 3 gun foreigners, 4-5 hard heads, and 16 kids
* "Let's get Montgomery in, because he carries his heart on his sleeve.. well that's good, so does the bloke down at Terrigal Pub, but you're not gonna make him the coach..." [ahahahaa...]
* The chairman is more interested in smoking cigars with people at FIFA and people in England that will never help his game
* There is quite a long argument about bringing Hutch in, where Gatty deflects a lot of the questions with "you obviously have someone in mind" and "who would you bring in then", which imo misses the point that Hutch just isn't the right person for the job right now.
* The Mariners trade on $7-8 million budget per year, the top 4 $18-21 million and the rest $11-15 million... [makes you wonder how we can possibly compete with the top teams, how would you even generate that sort of money without someone simply dipping into their pocket and chucking it in there?]
* Charlesworth has been more focused on the land acquisitions than the football, and he is more interested in being able to say "I own a football club" and go to the social functions, as opposed to planning, structuring, and supporting the development of the Central Coast Mariners
* 1/4 of the staff of mid range clubs
* Senior coaches earning less than assistant coaches at other clubs

Interview with Shaun;
* SM reply re Huch: Promised Hutch that whenever there is a coaching position, Hutch would be called, because every time his name will get associated with the club. The structure around the club needs to be put in place before considering a long-term coach. Sporting director, resources allocated for recruitment.
* SM on what will be different this time, re structures and processes: resources and the amount of money being budgeted and allocated. Charlesworth is going to increase the resources within the club. Specifically around recruitment.
* TR: You can start by sacking the whole coaching staff, because most of them have got no idea and they're prehistoric; so you can start by removing all of them, because the youth setup at the moment, even within the communication channels of some of your youth directors and some of your academy coaches and youth coaches, is non-existent and fraudulent, at the moment, very fragnated, and very dysfunctional. -- pause -- SM: I can only take that feedback onboard.
* SM: Mike Phelan does have a role within the club. Daily conversations. He has put in structures re the academy. Starting to work closely with MM but got called back to ManU. Was always going to be a short term role.
* SM: This period has flagged the specific resources differences (vs the top teams) that we have. It's one thing to say we're only spending 50% of the other clubs, but what's even more important is the less resources that we have for the tools of trade and the support around the football department. We have budgets for video analysis, but how those budgets have been allocated, how they've been used and implemented, is strongly a focus right now, and definitely flagged as some of the key issues that held us back at times, when he had half time leads and couldn't convert or hold on for a draw. It's more than just an individual's responsibility, this doesn't sit with one person at the club it's with everybody in every little way and every decision that we've made, the money that we've got and how we've spent it.
* TR: Shaun takes a lot of bullets for decisions out of his control - he was not running the football side of it, it was Mike Phelan, Mike Mulvey and alike. It's not until recently he was called into the fold because an under-resourced club needed the CEO to focus on other areas of the business.
* Some more ripping into the coaches allowing players to leave and not taking them off something called "the huddle" group of tactics - allowing other coaches to access the Mariners tactics, probably an ongoing issue

After hearing Tony Rallis speaking, it would be good to hear his side of the story re arguments with Mulvey and allegations of putting the squeeze on the club to have his players favoured. Douche canoe or not, he at least seems to speak his mind, in what he sees as "facts" and put the hard questions to Gatty and Shaun.

Start about 11:40 and they are talking about promotion/relegation and it goes into CC Mariners. I've put some of the main points (ok a bit more than I was originally intending to, but most of the podcast is dedicated to CCM) above but there is more and well worth a listen.
Thanks for posting that adz, I wasn’t going to listen to it after reading a few comments prior but was interested what was said.
The only points I can make are:
1. I’ve never seen a player at training with sfc gear on. I doubt it’d happen with the abundance of gear the club is trying to offload atm.
2. We have now hired a video analysis guy for the club. His first day was Tuesday.
3. I agree with mulvey that shabow isn’t a-league level

Ancient Mariner

Great summary Adz.

The SFC training gear was in relation to the Academy not the senior team.

TR dished a great serve at Mulvey for recruiting injured players but then made the excuse for his injured players saying that they had proved themselves at Aleague level. The injured players that were signed from TR's stable were Gamiero and Aspro. The only other injured player I can think of is Oar who has definitely proved himself previously if that is an excuse. Overall interesting since TR provided so many.

I think we will find that Mulvey's reported comments (if true) about Shabow and Millar may turn out to be accurate. Shabow will not go anywhere and I suspect we have seen the best of Millar who is seriously lacking in a defensive capability and will be shown to be a one trick pony. Lower A-League club starter, top team bench player.

I suspect TR's comment on Montgomery suggest there are issues between the two and he was using his opportunity to unfairly dish out a serve. Montgomery is only in his second season out of playing and is in a position far above his grade. He is still on a great learning curve a point he made about Hutch.

Overall it showed many reasons why this season has been a shambles. I think there was a lot of truth in what was pointed out but also a lot of the facts were twisted to fit Rallis' arguments. I would trust him as far as I could throw him.

I thought Shaun was good and did not let Rallis get away with anything that was not true, but pointed out that a lot of the failings are being recognised and those which can be are being addressed, with priority being given to the senior squad.

I was heartened to hear that there would be more investment in the Club next year but disappointed by the gap between CCM and other teams.

I am not sure whether it was this programme or a previous one (that I got by mistake) when they were discussing the possibility of promotion and relegation. The point was made if CCM were struggling to get by with a $7m budget when middle order teams had $11m - $15m, how would a 2nd division side cope if they were promoted if the optimistically were working with a $3m budget. A good point.

It could be a good show with Gatt providing some inside info, but with Rallis with his own agenda to push and two boofheads in the studio it really lacks an editor and a host in control.

Sound quality was atrocious.

Very amateurish and too painful for me to listen in future.

CCM Ramble Football far superior.

ballantyne

Rallis really? Talking about incompetence, how about audible audio, English vocabulary and editing out dead air? These would seem to be features of a competent podcast. What I heard here was a circle jerk of backbiting, to mix my metaphors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred