• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mr Rudd's Flashin the cash!!

marinermick

serious14 said:
marinermick said:
sadly, given the state of the world economy we don't need a vision on this one - we need cash injected into areas that will flow into the economy instantly

Pokies??  Bottle shops??

will do the stimulus job the government is after

as i said, in these desparate times we don't need a vision, we need money in the economy fast

kevrenor

BAD BULLZ said:
I don't understand how spending it on existing debts wont help??
Pay off debt have more money to buy more thus keeping things going.
And providing more money back into the financial institutions (which are strapped for sources of finance) to be loaned out for more investment, or buying things.

Economics is one of the things I did pass at school, and it was all Keynesian back then.

serious14

marinermick said:
serious14 said:
marinermick said:
sadly, given the state of the world economy we don't need a vision on this one - we need cash injected into areas that will flow into the economy instantly

Pokies??   Bottle shops??

as i said, in these desparate times we don't need a vision, we need money in the economy fast

Just print more - no-one will notice.  ;)

Paolo

serious14 said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
marinermick said:

Pokies??   Bottle shops??

rofl, straight from the school of pauline hanson politics

marinermick

serious14 said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
marinermick said:

Pokies??  Bottle shops??

or take the russell crowe method

give everyone $23000 ($46B/$20M) instead of the current measures

moron

dru

serious14 said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
marinermick said:

Pokies??  Bottle shops??

I look forward to using the NZ dollar, Us Dollar, Japanese Yen or Chinese Yuan to do my shopping.

BAD BULLZ said:
I dont understand how spending it on exsisting debts wont help??
Pay off debt have more money to buy more thus keeping things going.

If it gets you debt free yes that works, If it is only $950 on a couple hundred thousand dollar home loan or a 30k car loan.  :-\

Giving money is alright but if they are affraid to lend it to anyone then whats the point

serious14

keensy said:
serious14 said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
marinermick said:

Pokies??  Bottle shops??

rofl, straight from the school of pauline hanson politics

Surprised she hasn't come out and blamed 'the ethnics' for the current woes - sounds like something she'd say.

P.S.  Druboy - on a serious (heh) note, go get your yen now...... it was at 90-odd to the AUD a few months ago, and I picked mine up the other day for 61.    :-\

serious14

Whoa whoa whoa whoa - we're having a sensible discussion about economics.  On here, of all places.

Something is amiss.......

dru

serious14 said:
P.S.  Druboy - on a serious (heh) note, go get your yen now...... it was at 90-odd to the AUD a few months ago, and I picked mine up the other day for 61.    :-\

Yes am watching that, unfortunately with the Japan leg of my trip that far away I think most of that part will be put straight on the credit card rather than carrying yen through 7 or 8 countries first.

marconigirl said:
dru said:
marconigirl said:
Stupid questions- whats CMFEU???
Construction, Mining, Forrestry and Energy Union
Ahh, ta.. :D

Not a problem, I get to see the propaganda alot around here

marinermick

serious14 said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa - we're having a sensible discussion about economics.  On here, of all places.

Something is amiss.......

yes, it is a refreshing change from the sub-cerebal discussion going on about the same topic here:

http://newcastlefootball.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5674&page=31

serious14

dru said:
serious14 said:

Yes am watching that, unfortunately with the Japan leg of my trip that far away I think most of that part will be put straight on the credit card rather than carrying yen through 7 or 8 countries first.

Fair enough, just thought I'd warn you.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Tokyo is horridly expensive for some things and ludicrously cheap for others - wouldn't want you to have to pay _too much_ whilst you're there and such.

P.S.  Mick - epic thread.  We need a "Squadron Forum 'Thread of the Week' type thing here...... some of the things that get posted up there are positively amazing in a "are you for real" type way.

dru

serious14 said:
Fair enough, just thought I'd warn you.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Tokyo is horridly expensive for some things and ludicrously cheap for others - wouldn't want you to have to pay _too much_ whilst you're there and such.

As with pretty much my whole trip I'm trying to lock in the things that will be expensive (Accom/travel) then throw my self into local culture to keep the rest inexpensive. With a few trips to japan under my belt I know that I'll eat the local food and that saves you big bucks at times. Although any sorrow over expensive things will be washed down with warm Saki to keep there economy bubbling away ;)

serious14

dru said:
serious14 said:

As with pretty much my whole trip I'm trying to lock in the things that will be expensive (Accom/travel) then throw my self into local culture to keep the rest inexpensive. With a few trips to japan under my belt I know that I'll eat the local food and that saves you big bucks at times. Although any sorrow over expensive things will be washed down with warm Saki to keep there economy bubbling away ;)

Local food??  Pft....... why bother with that when you can get a Domino's pizza for just under $50??  ;)

Blackadder

serious14 said:
Andrew - oh oh, I know.  A second Sydney Airport, combined with a bullet-esque train link from Brisbane to Melbourne.

Pft, who am I kidding, that makes sense!!!!

And the money is coming from where? This is a World wide economic slow down, but of course Kev is to blame for all the problems in the World. ::)

serious14

Blackadder said:
serious14 said:
Andrew - oh oh, I know.  A second Sydney Airport, combined with a bullet-esque train link from Brisbane to Melbourne.

And the money is coming from where? This is a World wide economic slow down, but of course Kev is to balme for all the problems in the World.

So where's the money coming from for this "stimulus" package that would be far better spent on something long term and viable??  Think of all the new jobs and economic activity that would be created by a 3 state-wide rail link AND a new airport??

dibo

serious14 said:
Blackadder said:
serious14 said:
Andrew - oh oh, I know.   A second Sydney Airport, combined with a bullet-esque train link from Brisbane to Melbourne.

And the money is coming from where? This is a World wide economic slow down, but of course Kev is to balme for all the problems in the World.

So where's the money coming from for this "stimulus" package that would be far better spent on something long term and viable??  Think of all the new jobs and economic activity that would be created by a 3 state-wide rail link AND a new airport??

think about just how little that would do to hold consumer confidence up in the meantime. cue a series of daily telegraph stories saying

"RAILWAY TO BE READY IN 2015, BUT FAMILIES ON THE BREADLINE NOW!"

Blackadder

A stimulus package is exactly that a stimulus for the economy now not years down the track, what are we meant to do while we wait for the benefits to flow through?
New jobs will be made but only after several months if not years with feasibilty studies etc, something all Political parties seem to enjoy.

serious14

'Cause the last one worked so well............. SO WELL IN FACT, we now need another one.

Brilliant.  ;D

Blackadder

And the Libs policy to combat the economic slow down is??? Well going by the News tonight they have no policy, so have adopted the "Let's criticise the Government route."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred