• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mr Rudd's Flashin the cash!!

Blackadder

The figures Mr Turnbull is suggesting, wouldn't even reach the stage of a drop in the ocean.
The Libs are on a political suicide run without some credible figures and plans to tackle this downturn in the economy.

Blackadder

serious14 said:
Blackadder, addressing us all live from Labour Party World Domination HQ!!!!   :p

Not at all, just a case of Political suicide from Turnbull.
Denying the cash handout to help provide immediate benefits to most people, and severly cutting back on infrastructre development.

FFC Mariner

Blackadder said:
serious14 said:
Blackadder, addressing us all live from Labour Party World Domination HQ!!!!   :p

Not at all, just a case of Political suicide from Turnbull.
Denying the cash handout to help provide immediate benefits to most people, and severly cutting back on infrastructre development.

Agree Turnbull has butchered this golden opportunity to get in and damn Krudd before the economics text books do, but his reasoning is wrong

Thats all - the package is a farce and wont position us for growth when things turn around (as they always do)

EastEnder

That's right, I saw a show on him a while ago, eye opening as I had hardly heard of him before he became opposition leader.

FFC Mariner

Merchant Banker by trade.

Now I wonder who took advantage of the loony right wing "markets must be free" economics to sow the seeds of this particular f**k up?

Oh yes, Merchant Bankers

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Can the stimulus package get enough votes to pass without the coalition?? Ie. independants+labor>coalition???

Construction works in every primary school in Australia is a mini Harbour bridge in all centres...Good idea,imo. Whereas the US went for energy infrastructure which doesn't have the same effect on the masses. No real visibility. New effecient wires do not have the same effect as new halls, etc. in every school.

So can the more politically savvy please inform me of what effect the coalition's stance is.... A complete scuppering of the plan? A delay while agreements between parties are made but then a passing of ? Or it can go on without them?

FFC Mariner

The Right have an institutional hatred of budget deficits. Its a throw back to Reaganomics and Thatcherism (and didnt that set the UK for a fall?)

School Halls wont increase GDP and sustain jobs into the future 1 iota

If the Independants get a big enough bribe, it can pass the Senate and become law

Jorome Alexander Bennett

School halls will give or secure jobs now. It is a measure designed to stimulate. It would cost a helluva lot more to create jobs that will last forever and isn't what is call for at this time.

Cash in hand will increase consumption, as it did at the end of last year.  Jobs + consumption is a good recipe to fill in the trough until the economy recovers to the path of growth. If nothing is done the economy recedes and the worldwide scale of this economic crisis strongly threatens depression if no action is taken.

I do think this package will have a positive effect. So what are the chances it will get through both the lower and upper houses?? 50/50?

dibo

In the house it will pass on party lines, in the senate the government needs to get the greens, steve fielding and nick xenophon to get the required 39 votes

Gibbsy

Rudd proposes this 40 bn dollar plan knowing that Coalition will oppose it, boosting his popularity??

Jorome Alexander Bennett

dibo said:
In the house it will pass on party lines, in the senate the government needs to get the greens, steve fielding and nick xenophon to get the required 39 votes

And what are the chances of getting the 39 votes?
I thought I read that Xenophon would side with Liberal/Nationals.

marinermick

Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
dibo said:

And what are the chances of getting the 39 votes?
I thought I read that Xenophon would side with Liberal/Nationals.

xenophon said he would be supporting the package

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami