• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Merged Thread - Danny Vukovic Red Card (outcome page 42)

Costar

Heard a rumour (ok I'm starting it) that with only seconds to go the boys were worried that once the Jets found some hot running water (a novelty up their way I hear) they'd waste it all and there'd be none left.  Shields said whoever could guess which hand had the red in it could get off early for an early tub before the Scum could ooh and ahh over this new fangled technology called plumbing.  Danny was the first to have a go and chose the right one.

So really Danny's got nothing to worry about.  And Holland's still a dirty, cheating, prick.

:piralaugh:

Just trying to lighten things up  :thumbup:

Could also be that Boogs has always harboured a desire to be a keeper and Danny was helping a mate out.  God he's a good bloke eh?

Costar

Thanks Capn, glad to help.

I've been getting text msgs from students at my school all day just ripping it up me.  I've got 4 days off at a sports carnival.  I'm dreading going back on Friday, the little mongrels have got something planned.  I'm working on a good dose of amnesia.  A black armband mourning the death of creditable refereeing might be an idea too.

Bring on next season.  I can't wait.

Kareem

we at home (vukovic is our favourite player) dismisssed the red card. I thought 1-2 game ban which would be bad for next season. I never thought it would be this long although i can see it in the rules. Thankfully Vukovic has his immense GK talent on his side (I would be suprised if they twisted the rules to make sure he could play despite it being meant to be 1 year minimum). Oh and if he is banned for 1 year I would recommend him to exercise his other citizenship (serbian)...if he can get it! I certainly would if i was him (as some sort of a up yours to the FFA!)

Lol at the rumour. But Danny cheated! Sash won (watch replay closely and you can see Sash hitting hand first)...thats why Danny ran coz he wanted to beat Sash lol!

dibo

Kareem said:
we at home (vukovic is our favourite player) dismisssed the red card. I thought 1-2 game ban which would be bad for next season. I never thought it would be this long although i can see it in the rules. Thankfully Vukovic has his immense GK talent on his side (I would be suprised if they twisted the rules to make sure he could play despite it being meant to be 1 year minimum). Oh and if he is banned for 1 year I would recommend him to exercise his other citizenship (serbian)...if he can get it! I certainly would if i was him (as some sort of a up yours to the FFA!)

Lol at the rumour. But Danny cheated! Sash won (watch replay closely and you can see Sash hitting hand first)...thats why Danny ran coz he wanted to beat Sash lol!

if he's banned it's worldwide.

Everyone that has posted a comment about this, and everyone that has read it - email the FFA.
Let them know that the inconsistencies are just not acceptable to us, the people who pay to watch the games!!Ask them what sanction Shields is getting

I emailed them about Aloisi's disallowed goal in the first leg semi - it took them two weeks to reply but they did tell me that they are keen for any feedback! Don't hold back!!!

Kareem

dibo said:
Kareem said:

if he's banned it's worldwide.
really---thats heaps bad. Can they do that?
So he wouldnt be allowed to play professional football anywhere?
Not that it affects my point...even after the 1 year is over he could pledge himself to Serbia- which I would have to say would be a lovely UP YOURS! to the FFA!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Olyroos is amateur football ;-)

He wouldn't even be allowed to play in a local all age competition, let alone overseas professional football. 

Kareem

he could play in an all age competition somewhere else in the world :p
he would be recognised in Australia but not anywhere else

Sean

It was a smartass high five, nothing worse than the smart ass ball tap of Griffiths.

Whats making me scratch my head is that Mark Shields has been in two Grand Finals now where players have absolutely gone nuts at both him at the linesman due to their imcompetence resulting in cards to hide how they f**ked up.

P

Pete

Changing nationalities won't change his status as a registered player. A ban at this level is pretty much worldwide. 

Having played for Australia as an Olyroo, wouldn't he have to wait a 3 year period after changing nationalities to qualify for another country's national selection? And, in any case, I'd suspect Danny is more Aussie than anything else.

FFC Mariner

Would you have preferred Breeze???

I know its like choosing between getting shot or stabbed but the truth is that Shields is Australia's least worst ref.

Sean

you cant win with A-League refs, they're just as shit as each other and constantly have a massive influence on every game including the biggest of all which is shown all over the world.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The entire finals series has been decided on referee decisions hasn't it......4 different refs have screwed up the finals series, repeatedly. 

Williams was probably the least useless, but only because he wasn't faced with a match-changing decision.  He still had no control. 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred