• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Merged Thread - Danny Vukovic Red Card (outcome page 42)

Just read SMH article - Mariners' Vukovic faces likely life ban
http://news.smh.com.au/mariners-vukovic-faces-likely-life-ban/20080224-1uet.html

Central Coast goalkeeper Danny Vukovic could face a ban of between one year and life after striking the referee in the A-League grand final.

The Olyroos shot-stopper was sent off for violent conduct in the dying seconds of the Mariners 1-0 loss to bitter rivals Newcastle Jets at the Sydney Football Stadium after lashing out at referee Mark Shield for not awarding a late penalty.

The incident is set to come under review by Football Federation Australia's match review committee on Monday, with Vukovic certain to face a disciplinary hearing this week in what will be a dramatic aftermath to a controversial clash.

He faces a lengthy ban - and could yet be rubbed out for all of next season.

Under the FFA's national disciplinary regulations, such a charge of violent conduct, striking an official, carries a recommended sanction of a one-year ban to life suspension.

Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna admitted emotion got the better of his 22-year-old 'keeper.

"I think it's just passion and hunger and when you see something and it doesn't get dealt with, I think its just that," said McKinna.

"We want passionate players and hungry players and it's just disappointing. Sometimes emotions get the better of you and tonight it did with Danny."

cruiser

This is terrible terrible news. If they do ban him for life, I think that I will stop going to watch A-League football. Enough is enough.

http://news.smh.com.au/mariners-vukovic-faces-likely-life-ban/20080224-1uet.html

Wombat

Bullshit.  Apparently you can punch a linesman (and not a blind cheating dog like shields) in the nuts and not even get a fine or suspension. Danny should be fine if FFA keep to the same standards.

sambuca

That would be absolutley devastating.. both for the mariners and football in Australia!  :'(

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes out of it, but I cant wait for the replay on fox in a couple of days!

skilbeck

This is worse than the losing of the GF IMO if Danny does cop it. But I get the feeling we might be seeing the back of Trott or Redmayne for a few months next year at least. But lets hope they show some consistency over it like with the Griffiths incident

skilbeck

Danny assaults an official and is facing a life ban, Griffiths assaults an official and they are probably gonna give him a medal in a few days. Hope that puts some perspective on it

thomas477

He might since he got the red card - the ffa can disipline him more, though i doubt they will untill after the olympics

Ted

Hmm I hope they see the 'Shielded from view' hand ball while going through the dying moments of the game...

marconigirl

Why is it that Refs can get away with anything, yet players are scrutinized when they make one little mistake..
It is even worse when as stated before, another player has done a similar thing and nothing happened from it..

promdi442

What was shields looking at in the dying seconds. Clearly a hand ball with not one Mariners player around the Jets defender who clearly handballed. No wonder Danny was upset. It doesnt excuse him for what he did but what a joke these referees are. Once again the referees have swung the destiny of the game.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

In one of the Sydney semis a few weeks ago, one of the Sydney players aggressively poked Shield in the chest while having a go at him - Shield didn't so much as caution him.

Where's the f**king consistency. 

Did anybody actually see what happened?  i've heard striking, I've heard manhandled - I've heard he abused him.....I've got no idea...

georgemladenov

Incident did not look good on FoxSportNews replay.

Danny swings at Shield's extended arm and then runs away whle being sent off. FFA will probably throw the book at him despite the Griffiths precedent.

Marquee

I really hope he gets let off
Hopefully danny has one thing on his side,
being the next socceroo keeper, if the FFA ban him it would be like kicking themselves in the pants
dont want 10 goal trott

marinersman

Unfortunately there is no precendent with the jatz crackers man.

He ws given a yellow which under FIFA rules, means no further action could be taken. I'm sure the FFA would have if the could have.

Danny on the other hand, if it is a serious incident will receive a ban, no doubt about it. Let's just hope it's for not too long.

By the way, a keeper getting sent off twice in one season, must be some sort of record for a National League anywhere in the world. I'm sure it's happened before on a quite a few occassions. I would still think it's rare though.

I love his passion, but this is a huge wakeup call for him to manage his emotions better. I think he might have quite a bit of spare time next season to work on it.

Does anyone know if any ban includes international Football?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred