• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Merged Thread - Danny Vukovic Red Card (outcome page 42)

serious14

Football Federation Australia (FFA) confirmed today no more action would or could be taken against Griffiths, because the incident had been dealt with on the field of play.

World soccers governing body FIFA decrees that if a referee specifically deals with an incident on-field, that is the end of the matter.

The FFA confirmed Griffiths had been booked for dissent by action for the incident in the fourth minute of the spiteful top-of-the-table clash, tying their hands and ensuring he could not be hauled before a tribunal.

If he had been red-carded, or even if no action had been taken by the referee, Griffiths could have faced a lengthy suspension.

A red card would have opened the way for the FFA to refer the matter to its disciplinary tribunal to determine a suitable penalty, while no card at all would have allowed Griffiths to be cited.

Danny's only argument against not getting the minimum one year ban (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000361-source.pdf - Page 12, "Violent Conduct against a Match Official") is precedent, but the wording of that stuff above has me worried, because Danny obviously received the red.  Which means "this incident was serious enough to refer him to tribunal", and by definition of the rules (if nothing else) he is gone for a year minimum.  Unless they just change the rules on a whim.......

The precedent argument will keep the ban to the year minimum - but unless a very well paid QC finds some magnificent sub clause in FIFA and FFA rules somewhere, then it's time to search for a new keeper for next season.  :(

Jess Vanstratten from Juventus perhaps??  Local boy, and former Spirit player.......

FFC Mariner

Mood was pretty quiet (as you would imagine) but not grief stricken.

Players seemed distraught TBH (esp Danny) and had had a few on the bus I think.

Crowd reaction was great, and I think they appreciated the chanting and the loyalty shown.

S

soccersensei

Bloody hell...
Chill the f**k out wheresdadspants!! Hard enough day for everyone without coming on here for some rationale and consolation and then having to read through your bloody agro.
Yep, Thomas s an annoying scum fan, agreed! But how many bloody wrongs don't make a right?? Greenpole was pointing out in a relatively diplomatic way that your violent and abusive raves were making for boring ass and classless reading that does our club no credit at all. And in all honesty, while today guts me, I personally would be seeking help if I felt that I had to miss the last 10 minutes of the Mariners GF today when we are only 1 goal down, because I'm so aggro that otherwise I'll have to punch on. Seriously.

I personally have fought over many years, here and internationally, and suggest that if you've got so much aggro, go and get in the ring where it's at least controlled and you may learn something. Otherwise it's only a matter of time before it'll bite you back one day.
Suggest you apologise to GP and then like all the emotions today Greenpole can hopefully let it all slide away as we instead start to re-gather and look towards what promises to be an awesome Mariners future.

FFC Mariner

Already forgotten and I am now off to bed to dream of seeing Mrdja banging them in for the Lightning in the Winter, the Charity Plate at Pluim and away we go for V4

S

soccersensei

Forgive the follow up marinersman, I was typing while you released your post.
Again for tonight, well said.

marinersman

Greenpoleffc said:
Mood was pretty quiet (as you would imagine) but not grief stricken.

Players seemed distraught TBH (esp Danny) and had had a few on the bus I think.

Crowd reaction was great, and I think they appreciated the chanting and the loyalty shown.

That's great to hear. I just want all the boys to fully appreciate how proud we are of them and how much they mean to us. And I hope they're all back next season for us to go one better.

Regarding Danny, I guess the ramifications of his actions are starting to sink in. Let's pray he hasn't buggered his Beijing trip.

Wheresdadspants?

Don't tell me to chill the f**k OUT. Yeah I apoligise to Gp but I only left early cause I knew we weren't gonna score. Yeah f**king negative but I had that feeling in the guts and went out the back for a cigerette. Once I heard the whistle I pissed off. NO offence to all the other supporters but I only live down the road and I was too pissed off to see any jets supporters cheering on their team who didn;t deserve it. Plus the old man suggested I go as he was pissed off as well. Don't be so f**king soft, I don't give a damn how the jets fans feel on our forum!

marinersman

soccersensei said:

No problem att all soccersensei, very well worded and I'm glad you and others feels the same way. I always enjoy reading your posts. You come accross very knowledgeable and it is clear you love the Mariners and Football.

We do not need the likes of him here. We all have a burning passion for our club and love winning, but sometimes, you have to put your hand up and admit you were beaten fair and square.

We're all good winners but it's more important to be a good loser.

Wheresdadspants?

marinersman said:
Wheresdadpants, time to go to bed mate. Hopefully when you wake up, you will get on here and apologise for your behavior tonight and especially to Greenpole.

I would be very suprised if you are not banned and deservedly so.

These forums are full of intelligent, good people and I have always thought, are first class in etiquitte. You my friend, do not deserve to be here.

U serious!!!! Don't deserve to be here!!! Yeah right haha.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Mate, I strongly advise you to stop posting tonight and go to bed - you're going to keep putting your foot in it, and antagonising the members further - no matter if you think it's justified - is certainly not advisable for somebody in your position. 

I can only imagine what poor Danny's thinking....the poor guy's gotta be terrified, this is going to be a major blow to his career.

I was just thinking....this isn't happening, it's not real.  Danny didn't just get sent off for striking Mark Shield.....

i took some dodgy pills before the potbelleez prematch gig and i'm having a bad trip, that's all this is...

f**k f**k f**k f**k!!!!

Wheresdadspants?

marinersman said:
soccersensei said:

No problem att all soccersensei, very well worded and I'm glad you and others feels the same way. I always enjoy reading your posts. You come accross very knowledgeable and it is clear you love the Mariners and Football.

We do not need the likes of him here. We all have a burning passion for our club and love winning, but sometimes, you have to put your hand up and admit you were beaten fair and square.

Was the first to say we didn't deserve it tonight but take offence to saying i don't deserve to be on here. Just think we didn't take control of the GF and I think it came down to the side we picked but hey thats football. Just don't want to give an inch to our northern rivals. If you thik thats too much I don't care but how danny got sent off is beyond me especially in the context of the season.

serious14

Wheresdadspants? said:
marinersman said:
soccersensei said:

Was the first to say we didn't deserve it tonight but take offence to saying i don't deserve to be on here. Just think we didn't take control of the GF and I think it came down to the side we picked but hey thats football. Just don't want to give an inch to our northern rivals. If you thik thats too much I don't care but how danny got sent off is beyond me especially in the context of the season.

Refer to my post on the previous page quoting the FFA rules concerning our competition........... he struck a match official.  It's beyond me how you don't understand why he got sent off.

Wheresdadspants?

What!!! I understand, but in context to griffo hitting the linesman in the nuts, you tell me what is worse. IMHO I think Griffos is a little worse.

skilbeck

We are not denying that Griffo's incident is worse, its just the rules wont followed properly that day because the ref didnt exercise his discretion and pull out a red

serious14

Wheresdadspants? said:
Yep, agree. I just hope danny gets off just like griffo did otherwise the FFA is setting a bad precedent.

Too late - the Griffiths incident was the worst precedent they could have set...... it will haunt them for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred