• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Merged Thread - Danny Vukovic Red Card (outcome page 42)

marinersman

Serious's post fully explains why there is no precedent with Griffiths.

He was given a yellow and therefore, no further action could/can be taken.

Danny getting a red means he will be subject to the tribunal. I still haven't seen the incident, but it seems he made contact with Shield had has been charges with violent conduct so I think he will have plenty of time for surfing.

Wheresdadspants?

Hope not as he is the olympic GK. So bloody annoyed at the game tonight am about to leave to go to the gaelic club to watch Chelsea V Spurs game. Don't care who wins. The only positive I can take from the weekend is Plymouth Argyle won again and is  now 5th in the championship. Would I swap that for a Mariners Championship. f**k Yeah but I reckon we could have had both!!!

marinersman

Wheresdadspants? said:
Hope not as he is the olympic GK. So bloody annoyed at the game tonight am about to leave to go to the gaelic club to watch Chelsea V Spurs game. Don't care who wins. The only positive I can take from the weekend is Plymouth Argyle won again and is  now 5th in the championship. Would I swap that for a Mariners Championship. f**k Yeah but I reckon we could have had both!!!

Hopefully this is your last post ever on our forum.

Wheresdadspants?

Why is that ??? You got something to say???? Am upset we lost but f**k YOU!!! Why should I leave this forum. Don't I have as much right to post on here as you ??? What make you holier than thou? We all have an opinion right. Anyway have a great night hope the week gets better for us all.

Porett

Fox must of changed the clip they had up i can't find the incident anywhere.

Don't think he will get a lifetime ban, that i imagine, would be left as the type of punishment for thugs that king hit refs ect.

Going by the rules that have been thrown up if he did make contact with shield, he is out for the year and misses the OG.
Unless they decide that what he did wasn't striking a official.

Oh and BTW, who was keeper for you guys at the end ???

B

bakery5

Greenpoleffc said:
Wheresdadspants? said:
PIss off Homopole. Is he your son! Why stick up for some dick who comes on here and slags us. AND HE IS A NEWCASTLE SUPPORTER. Get your priorities right and know who the loyal supporters are you f**k!!!!!!

Bad move c**t

this fourm is a classic. So many f**king funny people
P.S i i got sick over some chick on the train home ;D

pointy

Danny looked shattered up at Mingara, i still feel sick.Bloody Holand vision from 7 shows definate hand ball.No clear vision about dannys incident.  :'(

cruiser

Saw vision of the Vukovic incident on the news this morning. Danny's hand made contact with Shield's raised hand. It wasnt a serious strike and wouldnt have hurt anymore than a clap, but it was contact. I would hate to be on the FFA tribunal deciding on this one. I dont think anyone would want to see danny miss out on the Olympics due to this.

I hope Danny's coping OK himself. You just wanna go find him and give him a consoling hug. I still love the guy.

rosko

serious14 said:
Jess Vanstratten from Juventus perhaps??   Local boy, and former Spirit player.......

I have an inside tip that Vanstratten may be going to the Jets! The source doesn't get much closer to home either. He is trying to get himself seen in front of the National selectors. Jess was even invited to a training session with the Aust team the last time he was out here a few months ago, Juve wouldn't allow him to though.

FFC Mariner

Of course Danny getting a lengthy ban raises a horror that I cant even bring myself to type (in case it comes true).

As people were saying at Mingers, at least we would see plenty of goals

dibo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wBl2gsSKTk

not a whole lot in it, but the rule is that if you are guilty then you're gone for a year up to life. my guess is a one year suspension with a subsequent offence attracting a life ban. certainly no worse than griffo's incident, but the FFA's line will be that they would have thrown the book at him too but for the yellow card preventing further action.

dibo

Andy said:
That would be a very soft year ban.

absolutely - i think a convenient little 5-month ban (i.e. back in time for the olympics) would be ideal, but the rule is that the minimum ban is 12 months. they really have to do that, and the PR problem is that you have to be seen to do something and the olympics is really the next football he can play...

Tez

I hope they go easy on him, if they do give him a year ban - does that mean he is not going to play in the Olympics?
this is so Sh*t. We Still love you Danny!!!

kevrenor

dibo said:
Andy said:
That would be a very soft year ban.
absolutely - i think a convenient little 5-month ban (i.e. back in time for the olympics) would be ideal, but the rule is that the minimum ban is 12 months. they really have to do that, and the PR problem is that you have to be seen to do something and the olympics is really the next football he can play...

Fascinating .... I've studied the segment show here (not on Fox when I recorded it).  It shows Sasho pushing up Shield's hand, then Danny running off and pushing Sheild's arm out of the way as he did it .... quite a different scenario than painted by some!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

There something that I find REALLY suspicious over the Griffiths incident:

I've been informed from somebody in the know in the referee fraternity that the caution wasn't for the action, but for what he said at the time.  The punch didn't strike the AR hard, and the AR just thought Griffiths unintentionally brushed him as he got up.  The AR wasn't actually looking at him at the time, and neither was Breeze, so I can completely understand why he wasn't sent.

However, that being the case, that would suggest that action hadn't been taken by the referee over the strike - so if what I was told was true, why did the FFA then change the reporting of it to 'dissent by action', thus precluding themselves from taking further action?

There's only one explanation, and that's corruption.

Further to that, the FFA did have the option of fining him, or taking action against the entire club.

bikinigirl

. he'd better get registered with the lightning before the hearing .... don't know if this will do any good, but thinking wishfully

. any substantial ban would have a huge impact on his career for something which would be considered a pretty poor high-five

. but there is rules and consequences, the annoying thing is there is far too much contact with officials as it is (most of which goes unreported)

bikinigirl

kevrenor said:
Fascinating .... I've studied the segment show here (not on Fox when I recorded it).  It shows Sasho pushing up Shield's hand, then Danny running off and pushing Sheild's arm out of the way as he did it .... quite a different scenario than painted by some!

. kevrenor qc

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
There's only one explanation, and that's corruption.

. this has been discussed before, i'd suggest a convenient, and to some believable, form of 'protection' rather than corruption

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred