• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

McKINNA OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kareem

johnnymariners said:
You have seen enough of nash to make this judgement?

Bozza would want to much $$$ imo
i have only seen him play in sydney colours- 1 or 2 games- seemed better than Kennedy (although i have seen less of kennedy :p)

reddevils

This league is amateur and is never going to grow with amateur people in it.
McKinna coached well in the first two seasons and we performed as one of the best clubs and has got us that far, now where are we at?
Loosing 4 out of 6 games in the biggest league we can play in and people are saying it's not the coaches fault ?
Coaches in Europe would get fired for less then what we have seen.
A coach and his staff prepare the team for the fixtures, from what i have seen he hasen't done a good job. Or a job at all !
And with sacking four senior experienced players is that the best thing to do right now ?
Not long before the 09/10 season starts and the players have just lost four members with the thoughts on their minds that their head could also be on the chopping block if they don't perform. GREAT FOR TEAM AND PLAYER MORALE. well done McKinna.
Is this also a tactic to take the heat and spotlight away from his head because of his recent results ?
I can only conclude he's not ready to take the reins of a team going to the Asian Champions League and he's proved it. 09/10 season launch is upon us and his preperation methods is setting team/player morale to a low.
I look forward to reading any serious replies, cheers.

(If any site moderators read this, i believe it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a poll up concerning whether McKinna is fit enough to coach the mariners)

dru

reddevils said:
Loosing 4 out of 6 games in the biggest league we can play in and people are saying it's not the coaches fault ?

I take it by your user name your a Merch utd fan, but a bit of reality here, coaches in the UCL and even the UEFA cup don't get fired if they lose 4 out of 6 games in the group stages unless it is a club that has a history of playing there and progressing. It is such a big deal for smaller clubs even to make it that they expect that it is going to be a different level.

reddevils said:
And with sacking four senior experienced players is that the best thing to do right now ?
Not long before the 09/10 season starts and the players have just lost four members with the thoughts on their minds that their head could also be on the chopping block if they don't perform. GREAT FOR TEAM AND PLAYER MORALE. well done McKinna.
Is this also a tactic to take the heat and spotlight away from his head because of his recent results ?
I can only conclude he's not ready to take the reins of a team going to the Asian Champions League and he's proved it. 09/10 season launch is upon us and his preperation methods is setting team/player morale to a low.

So your suggesting that we should keep the same players that have failed to perform in the ACL, just to keep morale up? If so are you suggesting we shouldn't get rid of anyone, or if you are who are you going to get rid of considering that the contract of released players possibly counts towards the salary cap next year.

And how is the new season just about to be starting, most leagues in Europe are still going, and will start back around the same time. hardly like we are 2 weeks away from the start of the season and we are firing people.

Costar

It is clear that all is not well.  We can all see there are problems.  For me the main one is the lack of creativity.  We take soooooooooooooo loooooonnnnngggg building up that the opposition has time to get everyone back, have a fundraising bbq at Bunnings, and then sit back while we blast the ball over the goals or Hutchinson style shoot the ball at an illusionary goal.  Someone needs to get the spark back and quick.

The mark of a quality coach/manager whatever you want to call yourself is being able to identify problems and solve them.  If you can't do it yourself then you get someone in to help you.

Results are fleeting.  The fans and media will forget them and focus on the here and now.  What counts is consistency.  All I can see is consistent failure to address core, persistent problems.  These include:

* lack of creativity/urgency
* persistent inability of some players to:
      - pass properly
      - move into an open space
      - find the open man
      - take an effective shot on goal
* speed in the backs
* defense against set pieces
* pathetic corner taking

Oh why keep going on and on?  Time for Lawrie to step up and find the help he needs and use it.  He's shown he can do it, we need him to do it again.

David Votoupal

With the new ACL format, qualification for the second phase is not a bonus, it's something to be expected and demanded. In this regard, the team failed miserably and this is why a review is needed.

Eternal Optimist

I agree it's time for Lawrie to go... getting him to go is another story. The team looks slow, tired and uninspired...... and lacks discipline. Too many missed chances and brain explosions, and basic footballing skills seem to have taken a back seat. I was hoping to see some of the dead wood trimmed, sadly this is not the case. I'll be interested to see what sort of ticket sales the club will have this year.

marinermick

Eternal Optimist said:
I was hoping to see some of the dead wood trimmed, sadly this is not the case. I'll be interested to see what sort of ticket sales the club will have this year.

what sort of dead wood would you like to see trimmed given that everyone (bar clarky) that was off contract was released?

FFC Mariner

reddevils said:
McKinna coached well in the first two seasons and we performed as one of the best clubs and has got us that far, now where are we at?
A coach and his staff prepare the team for the fixtures, from what i have seen he hasen't done a good job. Or a job at all !

(If any site moderators read this, i believe it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a poll up concerning whether McKinna is fit enough to coach the mariners)

I assume you would be one of the people who were calling for Fergie to get the sack way back?? Or (as most Manure fans) were you a Liverpool supporter then.

It takes 2 or 3 seasons to build a good side - a fact that Wegner is probably about to demonstrate (again) - add 2 or 3 more players to that young Arsenal squad and you have another (potential) dynasty. Farina might be the equivalent in the HAL - in terms of his building at Brisvagas and use of kids brought up through the yoof system.

Where we lost momentum was this time last year, our recruitment was shit and we kept players we never should have (Hutch as an example). Our NYL recruiting was farcical and we had no one on the conveyor belt. If Jedi had gone pre season, we would have beaten the scum to the spoon.

If (and its a big if) we get the recruitment right this year, we can catch up a bit and maybe a mid table finish is possible. Then we punt the remaining shit this time next year (Hutch etc) and we can be in with a shout.

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
reddevils said:

Or (as most Manure fans) were you a Liverpool supporter then.
ROFL

FFC Mariner

Sorry but its the sort of bollocks post you see on UK sites from these glory hunters who dont know the real suffering that this game gives you.

You know, an away draw at Bolton and they scream for the board to be sacked.

Eternal Optimist

marinermick said:
Eternal Optimist said:
I was hoping to see some of the dead wood trimmed, sadly this is not the case. I'll be interested to see what sort of ticket sales the club will have this year.

what sort of dead wood would you like to see trimmed given that everyone (bar clarky) that was off contract was released?

Eternal Optimist

marinermick said:
Eternal Optimist said:

No disrespect intended, but Nik Mrdja for one (yes, I know now that he is still under contract) and Clarky for another. Just my humble opinion. But what do I know? I'm still surprised how Brett Holman gets picked to play for Australia.... got to figure he is Pim's secret love child. :)

marinermick

Eternal Optimist said:
marinermick said:
Eternal Optimist said:

No disrespect intended, but Nik Mrdja for one (yes, I know now that he is still under contract) and Clarky for another. Just my humble opinion. But what do I know? I'm still surprised how Brett Holman gets picked to play for Australia.... got to figure he is Pim's secret love child. :)

well clarky is still unknown but others have suggested he is moving to an admin role and used for a backup, and mrdja has to be offerred a contract

FMMH

Elsewhere, Central Coast Mariners are believed to be in discussions with a 28-year-old Scottish central defender who has recently been released by his lower division English club. The Mariners will embark on a short pre-season tour of Queensland next month for games against state league side Logan City in Brisbane and A-League newcomers North Queensland Fury in Rockhampton. It is believed two Serbian players may also be trialled in those games, as well as New Caledonia international Pierre Wajoka.

Found that on the Sydney Morning Herald website just then.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/a-league/ffa-set-to-look-into-secondtier-comp/2009/05/22/1242498921133.html?page=2

TerrigalUtd

FMMH said:
Elsewhere, Central Coast Mariners are believed to be in discussions with a 28-year-old Scottish central defender who has recently been released by his lower division English club. The Mariners will embark on a short pre-season tour of Queensland next month for games against state league side Logan City in Brisbane and A-League newcomers North Queensland Fury in Rockhampton. It is believed two Serbian players may also be trialled in those games, as well as New Caledonia international Pierre Wajoka.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/a-league/ffa-set-to-look-into-secondtier-comp/2009/05/22/1242498921133.html?page=2

Anyone know who the Scot and the 2 serbs are?

scottmac

Suspended
TerrigalUtd said:
FMMH said:

Anyone know who the Scot and the 2 serbs are?

Search the old parramatta power playing rosters for any serbs or scots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred