• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V MV Rd 9 - NSO match

emoghosts

We'll avoid the spoon, I have no doubts about that. As bad as we are, Newcastle are still worse.

My biggest fear is that we'll get left behind and be stuck in ninth with no chance of catching up; it won't be long until Western Sydney click into gear & Melbourne City have the funds to do anything in the transfer market and change their set-up at any given time.

sydmariner

I was at BT and the bloke from the Advocate got some fairly nice quotes from the protesting attendees, I'd say who was there, but I dont think its my place to do so
Couple of quotes included
1-the lack of promotion on the coast for games at BT, at say Erina fair or Westfield...yet he papers North Sydney with freebies for the nso game
2- How come Charlesworths alledged 20% of ccm fans on the north shore don't go to the Sydney FC v Mariners games at SFS and
3-how the office is seemingly trying to alienate themselves from "the paying customers"

Like I told the guy, sure we can all get together and promote the game on the 27th BUT the boys have to give the casuals a reason to come back...and 3-0 scorelines don't attract casuals at all

And the banner removing antics at nso ain't gonna further the owners cause any
the banners were put back up @ 90+ mins but there was still more problems

Ancient Mariner

I think the negatives have all been pointed out, there were a few positives.

Hutch looks much better playing further up the park, as did the team, much more threatening.
Simo had a great time while he was there and caused MV no end of trouble. This I think was one reason why they took so long to settle.
Montgomery is quality.
Caceras is starting to show his potential and can still improve further.
Vernes is starting to show what he has, and what I see I like, he is still young and learning, but will be a star.
Micky Neil, similar to Vernes.

It will be a very tough season and we will have to fight to stay off the bottom. But strangely I am feeling more optimistic as each non winning game passes. With some good off season (or Jan. window) scouting for some experienced talent (CB striker), the youngsters developing and new ones coming through, we may threaten again next year.

You never know January may be a happy month for us for a change.

Ancient Mariner

Looked about 5-6k and half were little Nortbridge grommets running around not even watching the game. An epic fail after giving away thousands of free tickets.

FFA please take the licence off this clown. Give to Singo who would enjoy the benefits that the COE is set to bring him.

Having attended NSO regularly since 1962, 7-8k looked a good call.

Taking into account the giveaways on one side with the negative push from some of the Coasties and the weather on the other, I would see the attendance as being satisfying.

The surface was good even with the cricket pitch and did not appear to cause any problems(unexpected tumbles, bobbles etc). While not as good as Bluetongue this year it was superior to menu Bluetongue surfaces seen in the past.

While it is a picturesque ground it is crap for watching a game of football.

I will be happy to watch one game a year there but I suspect we will now definitely have two there and one at Brooky (or vice versa).

ccf

"Moss on fox saying how it was not the best to be playing on cricket pitch :)"

Just checked with husband who said Moss did say it was hard playing on cricket pitch as well as Muscat (this was after game). Sorry for delay Bladesman but just finished work.

Gratis

geez every game is like this. patches of the game, esp. in midfield, progressing and often quite good.

but we STILL can't defend for a whole game or put shots on goal basically all game.

from perennial premiers/champions to North Sydney Wooden Spooners FC in just a year and a half.
I guess we've all expected a poor year at some stage and here we are building from the ground up. what we've done has always been against the odds. there is quality play (and players) there...just gonna be a long, tough road.

Gratis

"Moss on fox saying how it was not the best to be playing on cricket pitch :)"

Just checked with husband who said Moss did say it was hard playing on cricket pitch as well as Muscat (this was after game). Sorry for delay Bladesman but just finished work.
good to see Mossy break from towing the line

adz

Staff member
6c79c-group-uses-black-hatted-meme-378.jpg

shipwreck

I'm not doing well being a supporter of a shit team that loses every week. How on earth do Perth and wellington fans do it

Bladesman

I'm not doing well being a supporter of a shit team that loses every week. How on earth do Perth and wellington fans do it

Supporting a shit team is not a problem, plenty of practice with Sheffield United.

Supporting a club that treats fans like shit is my problem even with all the practice from Sheffield United.

Wonder what my 2 teams have in common........oh yes McCabe.

bikinigirl

Given that we've been around 10 years, I reckon there are a lot of old customers. Would be great to see why they left and how they could be brought back. Can't treat them as burnt.

. when i brought this up with the club (i don't know ... sometime over the last 18 months) i was told that they don't have details of past members from the first "few" seasons

. apparently when they changed systems ... they lost all the info. seems silly enough to be true :naughty: :doh:

. this would probably include the year our crowds were largest

dibo

. when i brought this up with the club (i don't know ... sometime over the last 18 months) i was told that they don't have details of past members from the first "few" seasons

. apparently when they changed systems ... they lost all the info. seems silly enough to be true :naughty: :doh:

. this would probably include the year our crowds were largest

*Surely* FFA kept data? Whoever was responsible for that loss of data should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

Ancient Mariner

AncientMariner comes out as a Prawn Sandwich eater ;)

Suck it up, the season is not half over.

If our fans cannot stick out the tough times, which may go on for more than a season, we are screwed.

Definitely worth chasing any surviving North Sydney Bears fans, they know how to do it tough. :grouphug:

MagpieMariner

Suck it up, the season is not half over.

If our fans cannot stick out the tough times, which may go on for more than a season, we are screwed.

Definitely worth chasing any surviving North Sydney Bears fans, they know how to do it tough. :grouphug:
Or if there are any Central Coast Bears fans, they're doing it even tougher, they've never even had a team! :)
Hmmm, we better not rubbish them, we may need to join them in the near future. :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred