• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V MV Rd 9 - NSO match

MagpieMariner

Some brightness for us:
1. We didn't lead then lose (Scum & Aerial Shits);
2. We didn't get anyone sent off (Hyphenator).
Not much brightness, but a little. :rolleyes:

Stoxxo

Suck it up, the season is not half over.

If our fans cannot stick out the tough times, which may go on for more than a season, we are screwed.

Definitely worth chasing any surviving North Sydney Bears fans, they know how to do it tough. :grouphug:

Coming from an old Bears fan, if you told me 15 years ago that in the near future my Bears would be gone and i would now follow with all my heart a Central Coast football team i would have laughed.
The moving of games of my beloved Mariners now to NSO of all places and rumors of a possible permanent move.
It is bizarre and painful time for us Bears now Mariners fans.

nearlyyellow

Suck it up, the season is not half over.

If our fans cannot stick out the tough times, which may go on for more than a season, we are screwed.

Definitely worth chasing any surviving North Sydney Bears fans, they know how to do it tough. :grouphug:
News Ltd. :fireup:
NRL :mad:
Manly :poo:

Coming from an old Bears fan, if you told me 15 years ago that in the near future my Bears would be gone and i would now follow with all my heart a Central Coast football team i would have laughed.
The moving of games of my beloved Mariners now to NSO of all places and rumors of a possible permanent move.
It is bizarre and painful time for us Bears now Mariners fans.
"an old Bears fan," :shoutclap: :cheers:
"The moving of games of my beloved Mariners now to NSO of all places" o_O
"It is bizarre and painful time for us Bears now Mariners fans." :(

Ancient Mariner

News Ltd. :fireup:
NRL :mad:
Manly :poo:

"an old Bears fan," :shoutclap: :cheers:
"The moving of games of my beloved Mariners now to NSO of all places" o_O
"It is bizarre and painful time for us Bears now Mariners fans." :(

Looks like there are more of us old bears fans around than I thought.

I can cope with the odd game at NSO, but playing at Brookvale as the home team makes me feel kind of dirty. :vomit:

gull

Looks like there are more of us old bears fans around than I thought.

I can cope with the odd game at NSO, but playing at Brookvale as the home team makes me feel kind of dirty. :vomit:

I'm another one. I was a stoked when they were to move to the coast, then devastated when it all fell over.

I was always a football fan, and as soon as the Mariners started my whole family got involved, and we're all very passionate supporters. All the kids have been brainwashed as well

adz

Staff member
Morning all. Did I miss anything?

tumblr_mlotjw0e2C1r4xjo2o1_250.gif

AdrianHn

Also central coast football want to promote football on the central coast if they move games to Sydney this would cause a big problem to central coast football. So that CCF needs to get behind the supporters to force CCM to play all home games on the coast also I will not renew my memberships for next season if they continue moving games to Sydney!!!!!!!

AdrianHn

I care about the game, but I care more about the future of the club.

That's bullshit.

Over recent years, we've always had a few crowds that are shit. We've also had crowds that are not shit, and we average out at a decent number. No single shit crowd is the sign of impending doom - f**king around with what our club *is*, on the other hand...

Each year's worst and average crowd are below.

2005-06 - 5,194 - 7,899
2006-07 - 4,644 - 9,828
2007-08 - 8,113 - 12,738
2008-09 - 7,865 - 10,465
2009-10 - 5,193 - 7,388
2010-11 - 5,858 - 8,076
2011-12 - 6,883 - 9,628
2012-13 - 6,081 - 9,969
2013-14 - 5,787 - 9,398
2014-15 - 6,391 - 7,619

Gratis

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blog/2014/12/08/league-caught-behind-mariners-north-sydney-oval-folly
"A-LEAGUE CAUGHT BEHIND BY MARINERS' NORTH SYDNEY OVAL FOLLY

The A-League's presence at North Sydney Oval has drawn criticism. (AAP)

Central Coast Mariners decision to play at North Sydney Oval was wholly unsuccessful on the pitch. (AAP)

Football in Australia did itself no favours by opting to stage an important A-League match, featuring two clubs that have won three championships between them, at a suburban cricket ground that was woefully unprepared for top-level football.

By Philip Micallef
8 DEC 2014

Central Coast Mariners chose to entertain visiting Melbourne Victory at North Sydney Oval, which is a picturesque and historic venue that is easily accessible to those diehards who would watch a game anywhere.

Victory ended up winning 3-0 thanks to an 11-minute blitz in the second half that buried the Mariners.

The A-League however should bury its head in shame for allowing such a high-profile match to go ahead at such a ridiculously inadequate venue.
Football Federation Australia, the governing body that tries to control everything from who sells what and where to who speaks to whom and when, has washed its hands of the controversy by allowing the game to "take a step backwards", according to Victory's Kevin Muscat.

The outspoken coach ought to be commended for speaking out for the majority of reasonable fans who cringe at the sight of a set of players trying to control the ball on a difficult surface at a ground with no atmosphere and scant hope of delivering a spectacle.

When will FFA learn that you play football at a football ground not at a little cricket venue that generates no atmosphere?

Without being privy to the Mariners' terms of participation in the A-League, it would appear that FFA might have acquiesced to the club's request to play some of its home games in Sydney because the governing body is looking at the bigger picture.

It is no secret that the Gosford club is struggling to make ends meet and the last thing FFA needs is another team biting the dust after the spectacular failures in Auckland, Townsville and Gold Coast.

Playing football on cricket grounds is definitely not the answer. It does not look good on television and more importantly it can be dangerous for the players.

A player who took part in the North Sydney match was scathing in his assessment of the surface ... and he was on the winning side.

"The fringes of the pitch were perfect but in the middle it was like running on concrete," he said.

"It was dangerous just to run on it so you had to avoid the middle areas.
"You felt your feet could give any moment and even passing the ball properly became a problem. As for the spectacle ... forget it."

The only cricket venue in Australia that should ever be used for football is Melbourne Cricket Ground, essentially for its sheer size and the special atmosphere a full house usually generates.

Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth, like any self-respecting businessman, is trying to broaden the club's appeal by taking some games to new markets.

It is not for me to tell Charlesworth what to do with his club but it must be brought to his attention that taking games away from Gosford is at best a highly debatable measure that could lose the club more fans than it will gain.

Holding league games at grounds that are not designed for football will further diminish the club's image, let alone the collateral damage such folly will cause to the game.

"Our home ground is Central Coast Stadium and it is difficult to come and play somewhere else," Mariners coach Phil Moss lamented after the loss to Victory."

dibo

So is there anyone commenting positively in the media about it besides MC and BS?

As Thurbs said on Twitter the other day, they've managed to unite the football community around the Central Coast and beyond... but they're united against them and the idea of taking games away.

It's now time to #standupfortheMariners and roll up in *BIG* numbers for the 27th against Brisbane.

AdrianHn

So my comment is not valid!!!! Your saying let the the club do what they want and f**k the fans of the central coast!!!!

nearlyyellow

So my comment is not valid!!!! Your saying let the the club do what they want and f**k the fans of the central coast!!!!
Ah, no AdrianHn. I think we're all on the same wavelength here. We want all home games to be played up here. Isn't that what you want? dibo is saying that having the game last Friday down at NSO only made people get cranky and say what we are saying - all home games should be played at Gosford.

AdrianHn

Ok!!! But a lot of people saying it should not have been played at NSO due to it was dangerous for all players on the field being a cricket pitch in the middle, so why no one contacted the A-league and tell them that which falls under OH&S act being unsafe environment!!! We all need to push the club to do the right thing for the players and fans of the central coast Mariners!!

sydmariner

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blog/2014/12/08/league-caught-behind-mariners-north-sydney-oval-folly
"A-LEAGUE CAUGHT BEHIND BY MARINERS' NORTH SYDNEY OVAL FOLLY

The A-League's presence at North Sydney Oval has drawn criticism. (AAP)

Central Coast Mariners decision to play at North Sydney Oval was wholly unsuccessful on the pitch. (AAP)

Football in Australia did itself no favours by opting to stage an important A-League match, featuring two clubs that have won three championships between them, at a suburban cricket ground that was woefully unprepared for top-level football.

By Philip Micallef
8 DEC 2014

Central Coast Mariners chose to entertain visiting Melbourne Victory at North Sydney Oval, which is a picturesque and historic venue that is easily accessible to those diehards who would watch a game anywhere.

Victory ended up winning 3-0 thanks to an 11-minute blitz in the second half that buried the Mariners.

The A-League however should bury its head in shame for allowing such a high-profile match to go ahead at such a ridiculously inadequate venue.
Football Federation Australia, the governing body that tries to control everything from who sells what and where to who speaks to whom and when, has washed its hands of the controversy by allowing the game to "take a step backwards", according to Victory's Kevin Muscat.

The outspoken coach ought to be commended for speaking out for the majority of reasonable fans who cringe at the sight of a set of players trying to control the ball on a difficult surface at a ground with no atmosphere and scant hope of delivering a spectacle.

When will FFA learn that you play football at a football ground not at a little cricket venue that generates no atmosphere?

Without being privy to the Mariners' terms of participation in the A-League, it would appear that FFA might have acquiesced to the club's request to play some of its home games in Sydney because the governing body is looking at the bigger picture.

It is no secret that the Gosford club is struggling to make ends meet and the last thing FFA needs is another team biting the dust after the spectacular failures in Auckland, Townsville and Gold Coast.

Playing football on cricket grounds is definitely not the answer. It does not look good on television and more importantly it can be dangerous for the players.

A player who took part in the North Sydney match was scathing in his assessment of the surface ... and he was on the winning side.

"The fringes of the pitch were perfect but in the middle it was like running on concrete," he said.

"It was dangerous just to run on it so you had to avoid the middle areas.
"You felt your feet could give any moment and even passing the ball properly became a problem. As for the spectacle ... forget it."

The only cricket venue in Australia that should ever be used for football is Melbourne Cricket Ground, essentially for its sheer size and the special atmosphere a full house usually generates.

Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth, like any self-respecting businessman, is trying to broaden the club's appeal by taking some games to new markets.

It is not for me to tell Charlesworth what to do with his club but it must be brought to his attention that taking games away from Gosford is at best a highly debatable measure that could lose the club more fans than it will gain.

Holding league games at grounds that are not designed for football will further diminish the club's image, let alone the collateral damage such folly will cause to the game.

"Our home ground is Central Coast Stadium and it is difficult to come and play somewhere else," Mariners coach Phil Moss lamented after the loss to Victory."
If only a MC would understand & listen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred