• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V MV Rd 9 - NSO match

midfielder

Is this the beginning of "return to the Future" ...

............ Reddy

Storm.... Anderson ... Rose .... Neil

......... JP ...

.... Caceres ... Tri..

Vernes .................Fitzy

.........Matty if Fit ....

Bladesman

Given the bullshit being sprouted AFR article all fans who would not attend or support the mariners if they continue to move games to Sydney should boycott this match so Charlesworth can get a true sense of his potential for bigger crowds in Sydney. Hopefully it will only be a crowd of 3k.

Revilo

I live down that way so I'll definitely be going, never been to NSO before and don't give a shit about the politics behind it.

nearlyyellow

I won't be going. I didn't like watching NRL there, so I'm sure not going to watch football there. As an aside, I don't like watching NRL anywhere these days. :)
I'm halfway with you. I liked going to my team's home ground back in the day, and it wasn't called NRL in those days.

As I've thrown all my sporting emotions at the Mariners I'll be buggered if I'll go to one of my team's home games that has been relocated away from our spiritual home for the spurious reasons given!

So-bloody-there MC!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I'm putting money on someone being well and truly injured when they get tackled on one of the four , rock hard , fully operational cricket pitches currently in use, I remember going to a Berries v Bears game there in about 74, Geoff Conlon
got slammed on the cricket pitch and didn't get up AND that wasn't during cricket season...how the f**k the powers that be, can allow players, at the very least, lose a yard of bark during a game eludes me...I'm led to believe that Victory have broached the subject of the pitches....I suspect there may be some trouble if one of the Mexicans get his season ended.....and besides its a horrible f**king ground to do anything but fly kites at or watch cricket....

midfielder

Big test for Moss they could tear us to shreds in the form they are in...

Bingham reminds me a lot of a young Matty S ... but with better touch and at the same age a much better player ...

On Friday I am working on my house finishing off painting as carpet layers are coming on 15 December so unsure if I have the time... as an old Northern Spirit fan would love to see NSO once more and would love to see Spirit Point and little Spirit Point ..

The ground is crap to play on but like Perth Glory the Northern spirit showed the way of the future in professionally run clubs not attached to ethnic clubs could work and get much bigger crowds.

Today my heart is with the Mariners and the Coast generally ... however I am not sure aside from the year we have to play a home game away that playing away from the Coast makes any sense...

Just on the MC thing ... since LM tweeted our rent was only $ 7,500 and resigned his role in the club... I have changed sides or more just don't believe the BS anymore ... I suspect that Brookie and the Pens have the ear of MC and I hope he has the sense to run away at a thousand miles an hour .... Just on Manly arguably the most successful RL of the last 45 years their crowd average is just over 12K ... [ http://afltables.com/rl/crowds/summary.html ] ... so why would a new Football team get close to this number... and I can't see NSO being accepted as a long term venue by FFA ...

localpom

Bit torn on this one. Don't mind one or 2 games a season at NSO but all this talk of more than that next year is grating on me. Work not far away so won't be too much effort apart from the late trip home. A real own goal i think, we haven't had great timeslots at home so far this season. Playing Victory in Gosford on a Friday night would normally be one i would really look forward to, now i am a bit non-plussed. Will probably be there though.

localpom

I'm putting money on someone being well and truly injured when they get tackled on one of the four , rock hard , fully operational cricket pitches currently in use, I remember going to a Berries v Bears game there in about 74, Geoff Conlon
got slammed on the cricket pitch and didn't get up AND that wasn't during cricket season...how the f**k the powers that be, can allow players, at the very least, lose a yard of bark during a game eludes me...I'm led to believe that Victory have broached the subject of the pitches....I suspect there may be some trouble if one of the Mexicans get his season ended.....and besides its a horrible f**king ground to do anything but fly kites at or watch cricket....
Agree Recky. Maybe not the game to bring Matty back but we need him out there. It's not a pitch where you can play your natural game and this will be on the players minds. I really didn't enjoy last years experience at the NSO, it felt like a bad away game. Hopefully it's better this year.

rbakersmith

Playing Victory in Gosford on a Friday night would normally be one i would really look forward to, now i am a bit non-plussed.

If the game was at Gosford on a Friday night we'd end up with the usual shit crowd (the game's on FTA plus people too tired after working + commuting) and there'd be another 5 pages in the Turbulence thread about where the club's going wrong.

I'm going to be there because apart from the game being close to home (I would have gone to Gosford if the game had been there) the players deserve our support regardless of the venue - they have no say in what's going on.

localpom

If the game was at Gosford on a Friday night we'd end up with the usual shit crowd (the game's on FTA plus people too tired after working + commuting) and there'd be another 5 pages in the Turbulence thread about where the club's going wrong.

I'm going to be there because apart from the game being close to home (I would have gone to Gosford if the game had been there) the players deserve our support regardless of the venue - they have no say in what's going on.
I'll still be there, i agree the players deserve our support. But....still would much rather it was in Gosford where i'm sure we would get an ok crowd and the fans and the players would be much happier.

dibo

Dont give a shit about this game TBH.

f**k NSO
I care about the game, but I care more about the future of the club.

That's bullshit.

Over recent years, we've always had a few crowds that are shit. We've also had crowds that are not shit, and we average out at a decent number. No single shit crowd is the sign of impending doom - f**king around with what our club *is*, on the other hand...

Each year's worst and average crowd are below.

2005-06 - 5,194 - 7,899
2006-07 - 4,644 - 9,828
2007-08 - 8,113 - 12,738
2008-09 - 7,865 - 10,465
2009-10 - 5,193 - 7,388
2010-11 - 5,858 - 8,076
2011-12 - 6,883 - 9,628
2012-13 - 6,081 - 9,969
2013-14 - 5,787 - 9,398
2014-15 - 6,391 - 7,619

Online statistics

Members online