• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Offsider

Not excited .......... Swooped on a Phoenix bench warmer that was cut before the new coach even got involved .

nebakke

I don't know how to feel about this... It's sort of nice to revisit the championship team and there are clearly some good personal relationships there.
But also - he f**king tried to screw us over...

I'm conflicted, someone help me out?

Woollybutt

Jeez, I liked Mulvey's thing about bringing back some former Mariners, but this just feels bizarre. Oli would have been a great signing, Wilko would have been amazing, but McGlinchey? He'd be fine as a depth signing, but as a visa player, and given the way he left, it's just a weird decision.

Ancient Mariner

While not necessarily upset with this signing, my feeling is more ho hum.

Apart from Tom and DDS (is he really here?) it is so far, at best, a squad of A-League bench warmers.

Maybe we will get knocked out by the remaining signings that fill our quota.

Maybe this team will be the Cinderella team of the league and surprise everyone, in fine CCM tradition.

At the moment I am worried that my rose coloured glasses are not working very well.

Holy

WTF, are we putting the band back together???

Who next, McBreen as our much anticapted striker and Zwaanswijk as our new CB

Ozhammer

I spent a fair bit of time speaking to Mikey and Matty this evening and can honestly say that they both care deeply about the club, so for mine they are welcome back.

Whilst I understand some folks’ reluctance to embrace former players who have not done the right thing by the club in their view, I don’t personally subscribe to the opinion that Weemac or Simmo fit that profile.

It is an oft-repeated mantra on here that we need to go back to our cultural roots and this is certainly one very clear way of doing that, which I for one support.

There are evidently more positive signings to be announced in the coming weeks and days, so we need to trust that MMM and Monty have a plan to restore some much needed pride and passion for the jersey.

finally retired

WTF, are we putting the band back together???

Who next, McBreen as our much anticapted striker and Zwaanswijk as our new CB
these two I could get excited about....but not the dross recruited so far. very underwhelming and points to another wooden spoon season coming up.:headbutt:

style_cafe

I don't know how to feel about this... It's sort of nice to revisit the championship team and there are clearly some good personal relationships there.
But also - he f**king tried to screw us over...

I'm conflicted, someone help me out?

Look to the future & don`t look back...:popcorn:

Offsider

I spent a fair bit of time speaking to Mikey and Matty this evening and can honestly say that they both care deeply about the club, so for mine they are welcome back.

Whilst I understand some folks’ reluctance to embrace former players who have not done the right thing by the club in their view, I don’t personally subscribe to the opinion that Weemac or Simmo fit that profile.

It is an oft-repeated mantra on here that we need to go back to our cultural roots and this is certainly one very clear way of doing that, which I for one support.

There are evidently more positive signings to be announced in the coming weeks and days, so we need to trust that MMM and Monty have a plan to restore some much needed pride and passion for the jersey.

So when you say " there are evidently more positive signings to be announced ..........."
Do you mean that the signings to date are positive and we can look forward to more of them ............ or ............ the coming signings are more positive in being better quality ???? .......... Which says that the signings to date are less quality doesn't it.

To take the team back to the grass roots is admirable ........... But .............. the league has not gone backwards ........... and mcglinchy even admits to having lost his form.

To date a bunch of cripples looking to regain their health and a couple of has beens living in the past hoping to regain their past form. I sincerely hope that my cynicism is proved wrong but when the betting markets open on the league I will be interested in getting in early on the spoon bet.

Ozhammer

So when you say " there are evidently more positive signings to be announced ..........."
Do you mean that the signings to date are positive and we can look forward to more of them ............ or ............ the coming signings are more positive in being better quality ???? .......... Which says that the signings to date are less quality doesn't it.

To take the team back to the grass roots is admirable ........... But .............. the league has not gone backwards ........... and mcglinchy even admits to having lost his form.

To date a bunch of cripples looking to regain their health and a couple of has beens living in the past hoping to regain their past form. I sincerely hope that my cynicism is proved wrong but when the betting markets open on the league I will be interested in getting in early on the spoon bet.
Nothing wrong in signing players who have something to prove in my opinion, better that than someone who is just in it for the money or the glorification (DDS anyone?).

Let’s not kid ourselves here, our form over the last few seasons must make selling the CCM dream a tough proposition to any incoming players, so in some cases we will simply have to take what we can get.

My understanding is that the upcoming signings will be viewed in a positive light by most fans, although there are some whose stated desires are unlikely to ever be satisfied in truth.

pjennings

I always liked Mikey and he was always happy to chat after he left so obviously had nothing against the fans but I really don't know how to take this one. There was obviously bad blood between him and the club when he left and he hasn't set the world alight recently. This may be an underwhelming signing or it may turn out to be inspired. He came to us the first time with something to prove and seems to be in the same position now.

I wish him well and he certainly adds depth in the wide areas either side and also at CAM. You would think that Pain, Hoole and he are playing for two starting positions at the moment. .

Wombat

He is really a CAM but was also awesome when we playedhim on the wing.
In his prime a far better player than DDS but was average this last year for Nix.
Was know as WeeJudas for a reason.
BUT he never celebrated when he scored against us so im willing to give the wee Sweatie another chance.
Has the potential to be a great signing but on his recent form its not exciting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred