• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Wombat

What we need is a Perez type player who won't get homesick

Gumpey is my all time fav player but Perez was probably my fav to watch. So classy and glided with the ball.
I believe the FFA caused him to leave because of the dive debacle.

Last edited:
Reactions: adz

VicMariner

Why are we talking about recycling beens?
There are quite a few young, exciting players running around the NPL.
Players we can sell for a profit.....
...but nah...let's get McDonald.....

nebakke

Why are we talking about recycling beens?
There are quite a few young, exciting players running around the NPL.
Players we can sell for a profit.....
...but nah...let's get McDonald.....

Because we need a first choice striker. People toss around this NPL player thing like its something that hasn't been done before, forgetting that Moss had a team full of them.
We should definitely be signing some, but not as our new backbone. And that's what we need most now.

scottmac

Suspended
Gumpey is my all time fav player but Perez was probably my fav to watch. So classy and glided with the ball.
I believe the FFA caused him to leave because of the dive debacle.
Agree. They were too worried about how they were perceived outside of the football family and honestly still are. There is this perception that to grow the game we need to win over the other codes. If we could just engage the f**king football family already in the country actively playing the sport stadiums would be full every week.

pjennings

The thing was it wasn't a dive. Reddy tried to take him with one hand. Perez twisted and avoided that hand but Reddy came through with the other hand and clipped him when he was off balance from avoiding his first attempt. He had no reason to dive - he had a tap in if Reddy had not clipped him.

Last edited:

scoober

The thing was it wasn't a dive. Reddy tried to take him with one hand. Perez twisted and avoided that hand bit Reddy came through with the other hand and clipped him when he was off balance from avoiding his first attempt. He had no reason to dive - he had a tap in if Reddy had not clipped him.
And the thing is there has never been such a reprimand and suspension since, for dives leading to penalties on review such as Perez was given after the match had completed. It was disgusting from the FFA

Michael

I feel like Pérez still has home sickness, 7 clubs since leaving us.

Would kill for a playmaker of his quality though..

Reactions: adz

Insertnamehere

Agree. They were too worried about how they were perceived outside of the football family and honestly still are. There is this perception that to grow the game we need to win over the other codes. If we could just engage the f**king football family already in the country actively playing the sport stadiums would be full every week.
14000 registered participants in club football on the coast. Seems a fair comment. Possible that number again for those who watch, don't participate but have an interest.
In theory shouldn't be that hard to attract 10-15k.... Evidence suggests otherwise.

scottmac

Suspended
14000 registered participants in club football on the coast. Seems a fair comment. Possible that number again for those who watch, don't participate but have an interest.
In theory shouldn't be that hard to attract 10-15k.... Evidence suggests otherwise.
The FFA haven't concentrated on being a part of the football community. So the evidence is skewed. The football family is diverse and includes all ethnic backgrounds not excludes them. If we celebrated that rather than shunned it???? (I do completely understand why it was done that way but don't necessarily agree with the way it was executed)

nebakke

The FFA haven't concentrated on being a part of the football community. So the evidence is skewed. The football family is diverse and includes all ethnic backgrounds not excludes them. If we celebrated that rather than shunned it???? (I do completely understand why it was done that way but don't necessarily agree with the way it was executed)

Speaking as someone who technically falls in that 'effnik' group (even if my Scandinavian background tends to buy me a free pass), I actually sort of agree with the approach that FFA has taken ok this particular point.
The thing is that you don't do inclusion by saying "we have room for Serbian teams, and Croatian teams and Italian teams and Dutch teams etc. etc.".
You do it by saying "our teams have room for Serbian players and Croat players and Italian players and Dutch players etc. etc."
Inclusion and integration is the only way to work through what separates us while leveraging what unites us (football in this case).
FFA has screwed up plenty but football is so tribal in nature when it comes to following, that i think it's probably a good idea to make a point out of treating everyone as "Australian".

true believer

The thing was it wasn't a dive. Reddy tried to take him with one hand. Perez twisted and avoided that hand but Reddy came through with the other hand and clipped him when he was off balance from avoiding his first attempt. He had no reason to dive - he had a tap in if Reddy had not clipped him.
The close up on his sock showed this.
Never the less he got 2 weeks
I remember the game against adeliade where he was sublime .
Then limped off

Forum Phoenix

They were desperate to see a resurgent SFC. We were totally stitched up,

true believer

It was done because it was seen as a cash cow .
20 years on my south american friends have never attended an a-league game .
After seeing 10 plus games a year. For years
Mark viduka coachs kids at melbourne croatia . Not at the ais
The demonisation of the people who were football for 100 years in this country is the heart of the problem . When once we played two semis in a row in the nineties at U20 level .for 6 years we can"t get past the first round .
with union and league dying we shot our sleves in the foot .

pjennings

A young player from Western Pride signed on a "Youth Development contract". Is a Youth Development contract one for the young guys outside the squad size and salary cap or is this an addition to the Academy squad?

HALL JOINS CENTRAL COAST MARINERS

35997272180_34a7e3c821_o-1-e1527392678854-700x699.jpg

Western Pride are excited to announce Dan Hall will be joining Central Coast Mariners on the 1st of June.

Hall has been with Pride since 2015, making 94 appearances as he rose up through the ranks from the U16s to the Senior Men.

The midfielder made his senior debut against Moreton Bay United in 2017, and scored his first senior goal soon after against SWQ Thunder.

The next time Hall faced Moreton Bay was in the 2017 Grand Final where he repaid Pride’s faith with a crucial contribution from the substitutes bench.

The 18-year old’s pace and movement drew the foul which allowed Dylan Wenzel-Halls to score the dramatic late free-kick which secured the Championship for Pride.

Hall joins Mariners on a Youth Development contract after a successful trial.

http://westernpridefc.com.au/featured/hall-joins-central-coast-mariners/

pinklady

A young player from Western Pride signed on a "Youth Development contract". Is a Youth Development contract one for the young guys outside the squad size and salary cap or is this an addition to the Academy squad?

HALL JOINS CENTRAL COAST MARINERS

35997272180_34a7e3c821_o-1-e1527392678854-700x699.jpg

Western Pride are excited to announce Dan Hall will be joining Central Coast Mariners on the 1st of June.

Hall has been with Pride since 2015, making 94 appearances as he rose up through the ranks from the U16s to the Senior Men.

The midfielder made his senior debut against Moreton Bay United in 2017, and scored his first senior goal soon after against SWQ Thunder.

The next time Hall faced Moreton Bay was in the 2017 Grand Final where he repaid Pride’s faith with a crucial contribution from the substitutes bench.

The 18-year old’s pace and movement drew the foul which allowed Dylan Wenzel-Halls to score the dramatic late free-kick which secured the Championship for Pride.

Hall joins Mariners on a Youth Development contract after a successful trial.

http://westernpridefc.com.au/featured/hall-joins-central-coast-mariners/
He's an addition to the Academy squad.

Gratis

De Silva Melbourne City move imminent
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/de-silva-melbourne-city-move-imminent

Melbourne City are on the cusp of their first major coup of the off-season, winning the battle to bring boom youngster to Danny De Silva to the club.

The 21-year old had been mulling over offers from several other clubs, most notably Brisbane Roar, who he is rumoured to have visited last month.

However, it is understood that City were able to offer the best financial terms and have promised to provide a pathway back into Europe. The deal is expected to be concluded later this week.

It is unclear whether he will sign with Melbourne City or parent club Manchester City and be subsequently loaned back, as was the case with Anthony Caceres and Luke Brattan.

Excitingly for City fans, the arrival of De Silva would see him link up with the nation’s brightest teenage prospect, the World Cup-bound Daniel Arzani.

De Silva was technically under contract at the Central Coast Mariners until the end of the 2019-20 season but had a clause inserted in his deal that allowed him to gain an immediate release if previous coach Paul Okon left the club.

With Okon sacked before the end of the season, De Silva openly began looking for a new club, not wanting to stay with the Mariners after they finished bottom of the table.

The 21-year old spent two seasons in the Netherlands with Eredivisie club Roda JC but was never able to regularly break into the first team, playing only 16 matches for the club, triggering his move back to Australia in search of more game time.

De Silva enjoyed his best season as a professional in 2017-18, playing 20 games and scoring three goals as he thrived on the extra responsibility. He won both the "Men of Football Damien Brown Medal" and the "Central Coast Mariners Official Supporters Club Player of the Year Award".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred