• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

ryan

I'm hopeful that DDS will stay. If MM can bring in some quality in the front third soon it may tempt him to stay

localpom

I'm hopeful that DDS will stay. If MM can bring in some quality in the front third soon it may tempt him to stay
I'm hoping we are tempting him to stay with the future addition of 2 or 3 quality players. Why move to another A league club if the one you are in can compete.

Wombat

That's the question, can we compete? Should have been able to compete last year.

We had a Rookie coach and he was a one trick Pony. Now we have a real coach and are recruiting solidly.

Triple M is scouting in Europe for a couple of Diamonds.

I remember Middy telling me about some English Championship level or below player coming to Nth Spirit and being a revelation in fact ended up being by far the best player in old NSL according to him.....so there are diamonds everywhere over there.

Ancient Mariner

We had a Rookie coach and he was a one trick Pony. Now we have a real coach and are recruiting solidly.

Triple M is scouting in Europe for a couple of Diamonds.

I remember Middy telling me about some English Championship level or below player coming to Nth Spirit and being a revelation in fact ended up being by far the best player in old NSL according to him.....so there are diamonds everywhere over there.

Big Ben Burgess.

Would love him now. He would also fit in with the community spirit idea. Hung out with the fans on the Terrace when he was not playing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Burgess

Wombat

IMG_1117.JPG

Big unit. Middy said he toyed with NSL defenders. Must be hundreds of them over there would love the life here.

Middy said he absolutely shat on Graham Arnold as a player.

Reactions: adz

Wombat

LOL.

He played for the Nth spirit.

Which is worse???

And QPR is only a smidge better than Brentford or Charlton. Those Gerry francis days are gone mate!!

scottmac

Suspended
FFA set to permit loan moves between A-League clubs
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...s-between-a-league-clubs-20180522-p4zgvt.html

For the first time since the start of the A-League, clubs could be allowed to transfer players between one another after a proposal was put forward that will permit loan moves next season.
What a f**king stupid idea. Let's encourage the teams with cash to stockpile youngsters with no intention of playing them. Not only encourage but give them the capability to do so. They should introduce the ability to on sell u23's so that we dont lose the best young talent for nothing when they have a city or Sydney come knocking as well as a loan system.

pjennings

So I'm a little bummed it's nearly Friday and we haven't had any signing news this week I was getting used to good news.

A week later and still no news. I just hope we get the squad together for a full pre-season under MMM. I'd love him to come back with the fabled 'English striker' and maybe a couple of returning Aussies to push or push out Hoole and Pain from the starting line ups. Most positions now have a bit of internal competition but Hoole and Pain don't have any natural completion unless we are looking at Kekeris and Katsoulis from the NYL / Academy

Insertnamehere

What a f**king stupid idea. Let's encourage the teams with cash to stockpile youngsters with no intention of playing them. Not only encourage but give them the capability to do so. They should introduce the ability to on sell u23's so that we dont lose the best young talent for nothing when they have a city or Sydney come knocking as well as a loan system.
The teams with cash need no encouragement. Just look at citeh and Chelsea. They gut leagues of their best talent then loan them out unlikely to ever play for their first team. This is the easiest business for them to boost revenue.

Gratis

Flip side is we might have gotten to keep Wales, TBT and DDS and loaned them on. When they make an impact it's us that gets to sell them rather than city, sfc getting to after us having released them for nothing

localpom

A week later and still no news. I just hope we get the squad together for a full pre-season under MMM. I'd love him to come back with the fabled 'English striker' and maybe a couple of returning Aussies to push or push out Hoole and Pain from the starting line ups. Most positions now have a bit of internal competition but Hoole and Pain don't have any natural completion unless we are looking at Kekeris and Katsoulis from the NYL / Academy
There hasn't been alot of movement with any clubs. Agree, would love to get 3 or 4 more in this week or next to ensure we hit the ground running come pre-season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred