• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Big Al

Also they may hold off some good news for membership renewal time as well.

Also they don’t start preseason for a week or
two

Also any overseas pickup will have just finished there season and the world cup will delay alot of clubs transfers which then effects the squad players.

I’d expect later transfers this year

marinermick

Also they may hold off some good news for membership renewal time as well.

Also they don’t start preseason for a week or
two

Also any overseas pickup will have just finished there season and the world cup will delay alot of clubs transfers which then effects the squad players.

I’d expect later transfers this year

Later transfers of higher paid players also saves the club money and given them the possibility of attracting more expensive talent.

For example if a player is on $240K, two months of a delayed signing saves the club $40K. Alternatively they could use that $40K to then attract a $280K player.

Josho Howe

It's been extremely quiet for signings for the league last week but for us, we've been focused on the W-League bid. Shaun went down yesterday to the FFA offices to pitch. Just need the FFA to approve.

Michael

Just on the w-league bid, I’d love to have a womens team again.... but if charlesworth refuses to spend the whole cap for the men what sort of side would we have with the women?

pjennings

Just on the w-league bid, I’d love to have a womens team again.... but if charlesworth refuses to spend the whole cap for the men what sort of side would we have with the women?

Different sponsors apparently - at least it was last year. It will probably not cost MC anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: adz

scottmac

Suspended
Have been thinking about our roster and contract lengths. We've got everyone except for 2 or 3 off contract at the end of next year right. 2 new teams into the comp the year after which I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into 4. But let's just go with 2 for now. That's 46 more roster spots. All of a sudden the player we sign to a one year will be more attractive as the player base dilutes. If i was the gaffer I'd be looking to get the bench sitters of the team locked in to 2 years so they aren't picked off. Every team will struggle to have any type of quality on their bench.

Offsider

Have been thinking about our roster and contract lengths. We've got everyone except for 2 or 3 off contract at the end of next year right. 2 new teams into the comp the year after which I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into 4. But let's just go with 2 for now. That's 46 more roster spots. All of a sudden the player we sign to a one year will be more attractive as the player base dilutes. If i was the gaffer I'd be looking to get the bench sitters of the team locked in to 2 years so they aren't picked off. Every team will struggle to have any type of quality on their bench.

But if you are one of the benchwarmers ........ that will presumably improve over the season ......... you wouldn’t want to be locked in for another season on the bench when you could snag a start in one of the new squads ???

It seems mc donald is looking to come back from scotland ...... but ccm have passed.:-(

finally retired

But if you are one of the benchwarmers ........ that will presumably improve over the season ......... you wouldn’t want to be locked in for another season on the bench when you could snag a start in one of the new squads ???

It seems mc donald is looking to come back from scotland ...... but ccm have passed.:-(
Would have him in our team any day

Forum Phoenix

Like many other older Socceroos before him I think McDonald would really struggle here. Timmy is twice the striker he is and he struggled. Much like when Kewell returned and Aloisi... he is not the player he was.

Very glad they passed personally. Would not have been cheap and I think he would have been shut down by most Aussie defences.

centre mid

We need south american striker. Somebody no one likes but scores the goals and over celebrates. No more of this pissheads like powel and skapetis...

localpom

I like him but think we would be some way in with negotiations for other players already.

Wombat

McDonald isn't exciting. 2 years too late for me and he has been playing for a shitty club in a league where only 2 or 3 clubs are above HAL standard.
I did like him in his late 20s tbf.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred