• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

pinklady

The club has been questionable in many areas but I don't get the above hate over Nisbet's contract.
He was only offered a professional contract for the remainder of the 2018/2019 A-League Season - not for the 2019/2020 season.

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/josh-nisbet-earns-a-league-call
"The Central Coast Mariners are thrilled to announce that academy midfielder, Joshua Nisbet has earned an A-League promotion for the remainder of the Hyundai A-League 2018/19 season.
Contracted until at least the end of the Hyundai A-League 2018/19 season, the faith shown by Mulvey is a reward for Nisbet’s hard work within the Mariners Academy set up since arriving from Queensland two years ago....."

He may well deserve a longer contract as many of us argue for but that's not what was announced, so how can the club now be accused of withdrawing that or reneging on it? I assume the club is simply dangling the carrot out for him to keep performing for the Academy season and whoever is there to sign players for the next A-League season can take his ongoing performance into consideration at that point in time and determine if another full time contract is warranted.
He was signed on a scholarship contract for this year until the 31st May. He was told by Mulvey that he would be on a full contract from 1 June. The club would not sign a pre-contract commitment and when they did offer him the contract it was for another 12 months on a scholarship not a full upgrade as promised. There was no carrot to keep performing for the Academy as he has not been with the Academy squad since Christmas, except for the pre season game yesterday.

Michael

442 rated him 7.5
They also thought Hoole was excellent

World is mad.

Mallon was better than Hoole but not a 7.5
I reiterate what I posted earlier, I like mallon but he isn’t doing anything better or different to what Kekeris would. So therefore Mulvey is killing the development of an excellent young Aussie.

Hoole just honestly needs to be taken out the back and put down. Absolute dogshit player and person.

Michael

He was signed on a scholarship contract for this year until the 31st May. He was told by Mulvey that he would be on a full contract from 1 June. The club would not sign a pre-contract commitment and when they did offer him the contract it was for another 12 months on a scholarship not a full upgrade as promised. There was no carrot to keep performing for the Academy as he has not been with the Academy squad since Christmas, except for the pre season game yesterday.

How did the academy game go?

Wombat

Yep. I just don’t see the point either now. Though reneging might possibly damage our relationship with Sheffield.

Kekeris and Mallon are on different wings.
Glassock is not ready for A League.

Let's not be silly peoples. We still want to win games.

Tevor

We are far from anywhere near winning a game, I just don’t see any reason for the Sheffield boys. They are ok for their age but offer nothing for the development of the current players or next year as they both will likely not be here.

Big Al

Sink or swim time. Lets ses what the academy kids have to offer. If they suck then no one will complain when they don’t get new contracts. If they do sew them up and one less spot to worry about next year.

Winning would be nice but is no longer a priority the spoon is ours after one win with the current setup.

Manny_ccm

So are you saying the club has withdrawn the offer to him of an A-League contract for the remainder of this season?

Forum Phoenix

Yeah but it should be pain wide right Mallon left Pain’s a great winger. Think he’s less effective tucked inside.

I’d like to see Nisbet off the bench each game with 30 to go and Kekeris with 20 coming in for Mallon - and he and Pain switch sides.

Glassock I’ve hardly seen play so don’t know.,

Last edited:

turbo

Pretty sure you boys are exaggerating how good nisbet is.
He's shown he's worth a cheap professional deal. No need to get carried away with it but it would be smart spending and allow us to invest in areas that we need to spend a fair bit on to improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred