• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

pinklady

Word is Muzz is back off to APIA.
Was announced elsewhere and the NPL registrations close on Monday. And in more news as to how well we look after our developing youth players - no extension of Kekeris scholarship as yet, Gauci offered another year on a scholarship which he is not happy with and backflip of the offer to Nisbet of a full contract at the end of his scholarship in May by offering him another scholarship.

turbo

Was announced elsewhere and the NPL registrations close on Monday. And in more news as to how well we look after our developing youth players - no extension of Kekeris scholarship as yet, Gauci offered another year on a scholarship which he is not happy with and backflip of the offer to Nisbet of a full contract at the end of his scholarship in May by offering him another scholarship.

Wow. Especially Nisbet after they made a big deal of the full contract offer while on his woolies shift. I defend the club elsewhere when they’re copping shit but they just keep kicking own goals.

Michael

Can you please go a little deeper on Murray?
Booting after one season is extremely harsh. He’s a hard worker, has lacked luck in some situations and more importantly, service. Feeds off Mattys very average scraps.
I’d be okay with Murray going on loan back to APIA for a few months (like we saw in the early years with Trott, porter and a couple others), maybe the season. Bang many goals. Have a break for a month then back into it with us full of confidence again. Don’t shoot the bloke.
And if the club f**k over Kekeris I think I’ll be as angry as the potential non extension of Tom. There’s a f**king diamond in kek’s. Just needs to blooded and polished. That Nisbet news is actually f**ked up.

Michael

Wow. Especially Nisbet after they made a big deal of the full contract offer while on his woolies shift. I defend the club elsewhere when they’re copping shit but they just keep kicking own goals.

The shit they’ve been doing in the “football department” this season has been nothing short of constant shambolic embarrassment. There would be more professional standards in NPL 3.

turbo

The shit they’ve been doing in the “football department” this season has been nothing short of constant shambolic embarrassment. There would be more professional standards in NPL 3.

You’d think they’d have gotten more right through accident and luck. At some point trying to run the place in to the ground is going to be the most logical conclusion.

pinklady

Can you please go a little deeper on Murray?
Booting after one season is extremely harsh. He’s a hard worker, has lacked luck in some situations and more importantly, service. Feeds off Mattys very average scraps.
I’d be okay with Murray going on loan back to APIA for a few months (like we saw in the early years with Trott, porter and a couple others), maybe the season. Bang many goals. Have a break for a month then back into it with us full of confidence again. Don’t shoot the bloke.
And if the club f**k over Kekeris I think I’ll be as angry as the potential non extension of Tom. There’s a f**king diamond in kek’s. Just needs to blooded and polished. That Nisbet news is actually f**ked up.
I don't know any more about Murray. Just that I had heard it elsewhere and if it is going to happen it would have to be this weekend. I hope it is wrong.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What the actual f**k is wrong with this club???

Why do they insist on treating players like shit? Who is responsible for this??? It's beyond incompetence, we actually disrespect players. Why would anybody want to play for a club that treats players like crap?

Coastalraider

If this is legitimate then that will do me.

For a team that supposedly wants to develop youth, we have an amazing way of alienating our youth. Trent. Wales.Kekeris. Nisbett.

Shaun, I bloody hope you are reading this stuff mate, the ship is sinking and the fans are sick and tired of trying to keep their heads above water.

The handling of Tom is unecceptable for a professional outfit. The contract failure with Millar is inexcusable to not have your house in order at that basic level. To spend money on McCormack then not invest in a 10 to give him the ball was never going to work.

If we are not offering Kek a contract, what’s the point of having a junior pathways system? And if this rumour about Nisbett is true - what the hell do you think the long term outcome will be? We are already struggling to sign Aleague level players due to our compete lack of professionalism, long term squad investment issues and lack of competitiveness, are we seriously going to pull this crap and turn every junior in the country against us as well?

This place is very quickly turning into a Chernobyl - and it is not just dissapointing anymore, it’s becoming downright embarrassing.

Sydney was the first game I haven’t watched this year due to a lack of interest - I may not be watching many more if this circus doesn’t stop.

FFC Mariner

I'd like to think that they are re signing Tom and all of the rumours and innuendo are just hype to make all the people posting about it look silly - I have a horrible feeling it isn't though.
I'd quite like to feel silly

Josho Howe

I'd like to think that they are re signing Tom and all of the rumours and innuendo are just hype to make all the people posting about it look silly - I have a horrible feeling it isn't though.
I'd quite like to feel silly
If he's picked up by another club in this league, he'll show what he's capable of in a better team and we will look like fools yet again. I said it before on here and l will say it again - How someone who loves living here on the coast and wants to be here to help us will be just let go. 30 years old and still has a good 5 years left in his career. Whether it's a money thing or a personal thing, l dunno, but from an outside perspective, it seems like an easy decision to offer him another 2 years to me.

pjennings

My concern is not just the youth - it is the whole squad.

Kennedy - happy for him to be backup - on a small salary - or else move on.
Pearce - move on
Gauci - signed on a two year scholarship - loan to Academy
Clisby - I think we need better - move on
McDonald - haven't seen enough - undecided
Aspropotamitis - need to lock in now.
Rowles - shown enough to re-sign as a squaddie,
Hiariej - must re-sign
Nisbet - full contract must be offered (as a squaddie) or else the club's word is worthless
Pain - re-sign - not the most talented or the least talented player but has stood out as beacon in our squad

Hoole - move on
Gamiero - never prolific - been out for a long time - at best I would offer a squaddie on minimum with extension and bonuses if he performs - if not move on.
Murray - haven't had much opportunity - I'd re-sign and loan out to APIA.
Kekeris - needs to be offered a scholarship extension and loaned out

We have
(7) signed for 2020 (not including DDS
Gauci (scholarship)
McGing
Melling
Shabow
McGlinchey
Oar
Simon

We need
(8) new first choice
A new first choice keeper
A first choice left back
A first choice partner for Aspropotamitis
A first choice right back
A first choice part for Hiariej
A first choice right wing
A first choice central attacking midfielder - visa
A first choice striker - visa

(3) first choice re-signings
Hiariej - must re-sign

Pain - re-sign - not the most talented player but has stood out as beacon in our squad

(6) other resignings
Kennedy (only as a cheap squaddie back up) , Rowles, Nisbet, Shabow, Murray, Kekeris (scholarship)

(4) second choice buys

backup striker (NPL level or better)

young squaddies (24 or less)
backup left back
backup right back
backup central attacking midfielder

1 or more additional scholarships
Glassock

Last edited:

Antlion

My concern is not just the youth - it is the whole squad.

Kennedy - happy for him to be backup - on a small salary - or else move on.
Pearce - move on
Gauci - signed on a two year scholarship - loan to Academy
Clisby - I think we need better - move on
McDonald - haven't seen enough - undecided
Rowles - shown enough to re-sign as a squaddie,
Hiariej - must re-sign
Nisbet - full contract must be offered (as a squaddie) or else the club's word is worthless
Pain - re-sign - not the most talented or the least talented player but has stood out as beacon in our squad

Hoole - move on
Gamiero - never prolific - been out for a long time - at best I would offer a squaddie on minimum with extension and bonuses if he performs - if not move on.
Murray - haven't had much opportunity - I'd re-sign and loan out to APIA.
Kekeris - needs to be offered a scholarship extension and loaned out

We have
(7) signed for 2020 (not including DDS
Gauci (scholarship)
McGing
Melling
Shabow
McGlinchey
Oar
Simon

We need
(8) new first choice
A new first choice keeper
A first choice left back
A first choice partner for Aspropotamitis
A first choice right back
A first choice part for Hiariej
A first choice right wing
A first choice central attacking midfielder - visa
A first choice striker - visa

(3) first choice re-signings
Hiariej - must re-sign

Pain - re-sign - not the most talented player but has stood out as beacon in our squad

(5) other resignings
Kennedy (only as a cheap squaddie back up) , Rowles, Nisbet, Shabow, Murray, Kekeris (scholarship)

(4) second choice buys

backup striker (NPL level or better)

young squaddies (24 or less)
backup left back
backup right back
backup central attacking midfielder

1 or more additional scholarships
Glassock
Quality post!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Where did you hear this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred