• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Forum Phoenix

Yeh signing Weemac for so much was absolutely retarded...
Yeah i got that one wrong. Watched him in pre season, looked great and really hoped he might rise to former glory. But then as soon as I watched him play in HAL realised he’s several yards off the pace, techincally no longer superior to most players and does not have the engine/ grit to play in the mids anymore.

I can see what they were thinking, and don’t really hold that one too hard against them. But costly mistake to be sure,

Forum Phoenix

11 goals in 18 rounds - not too shabby.
Don’t know where you got those stats from PJ. But they’re not Kubi’s.:piralaugh:

11 goals in 18 rounds - not too shabby.

I think he’s talking about Kubi and you’re talking about Krishna? Krishna’s been great.

Kubi is still young, fast and works hard, but really struggles to put the ball in the net.

Hard to argue he’s A league level tbh.

turbo

But costly mistake to be sure,

Both ‘bringing back the Mariners culture’ signings were questionable anyway but it’s a hangover we take in to next season and hard to swallow for a club of limited means that needs to be smart with it’s money. It rang alarm bells for plenty of people here, I’ve got no idea how it got signed off on.

turbo

I was talking about WeeMac.

Have I got something wrong here? Weemac = Mcglinchey right?
17/18 0 goals 3 assists
16/17 3 goals 2 assists
15/16 3 goals 6 assists

Edit - going back and rereading there’s a few crossed wires so not having a crack at you there magpie. Figures still not exactly supporting the recruitment decision.

MagpieMariner

Have I got something wrong here? Weemac = Mcglinchey right?
17/18 0 goals 3 assists
16/17 3 goals 2 assists
15/16 3 goals 6 assists

Edit - going back and rereading there’s a few crossed wires so not having a crack at you there magpie. Figures still not exactly supporting the recruitment decision.
Exactly so, WeeMac did a lot of good things years ago, doing nothing to justify his recruitment now.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Both ‘bringing back the Mariners culture’ signings were questionable anyway but it’s a hangover we take in to next season and hard to swallow for a club of limited means that needs to be smart with it’s money. It rang alarm bells for plenty of people here, I’ve got no idea how it got signed off on.
Agreed Turbo...but could someone explain to me how we’re of limited means when we got the same FOX money everyone else got?....wait, stop....‘‘tis the owner huh

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Look, a welsh village that spelt the same as our recent form
gOLPxo.jpg

turbo

but could someone explain to me how we’re of limited means when we got the same FOX money everyone else got?....wait, stop....‘‘tis the owner huh

Additional funds in from sponsors, membership bases, ticket sales etc.. Skimping for so long has taken a toll on all of those revenue streams and the way out costs money. But it all comes back to the owner and not using the funds we do have well.

Forum Phoenix

I think the diagnosis of a cultural crisis was probably pretty accurate. So I appreciated the sentiment and effort at the time, but it’s not much consolation to the patient when they still die in agony because you’ve used the wrong remedy.

Pirate Pete

Additional funds in from sponsors, membership bases, ticket sales etc.. Skimping for so long has taken a toll on all of those revenue streams and the way out costs money. But it all comes back to the owner and not using the funds we do have well.
Talking of sponsorship. They were giving the free Masterfoods bags away the other week.
Isn't that the week they announce Masterfood as a sponsor for the next season?

turbo

I think the diagnosis of a cultural crisis was probably pretty accurate. So I appreciated the sentiment and effort at the time, but it’s not much consolation to the patient when they still die in agony because you’ve used the wrong remedy.

I could have gotten behind the idea of Matty the super sub being a club leader rather than captain and starting 11. I still think we are overpaying for him.
There was a lot of concern and pessimism before we picked up Oar and Ross, neither of them have made an impact and Ross in particular was disastrous. I think the intention was good but we didn’t have the people or the plan to make him work. He wasn’t a Fornaroli, Berisha or even ODonovan or Krishna that you can slot in up front and lob the ball to saying “go and make something happen”. MM has been trying to get us back on track but when so many signings don’t work out that’s a huge task and then by the time some things do start going right you’re under a heap of pressure and confidence is shot.

greenlig

He's the only leader at the club, unfortunately. I love Tommy H as much as the next parishioner, but he's no leader. No-one else comes close, maybe Aspro, Oneill, but they are very young and not inspirational.

Michael

Totally agree that matty is our only true leader in the squad right now and I’ll always love him.
I just f**king wish he was 100x better at finishing. His first job is to score goals. He has 100% lost sight of that this season in trying to be the inspiration leader. I cringe when people suggest putting him in CM or CB. Because of the purist that I am.
But he’s basically a defender upfront. And along with many many things it’s been a killer more often than not for us this season.

Aspro has been huge since coming in. Future captain. There’s a massive c**t behind his calm quiet professional personality. That’s what makes him so good.

If we keep a hold of Jem past this season I see him being our inspirational high quality leader.

I can’t wait for the clean out at seasons end. And how badly Mulvey f**ks it up.

Wombat

Totally agree that matty is our only true leader in the squad right now and I’ll always love him.
I just f**king wish he was 100x better at finishing. His first job is to score goals. He has 100% lost sight of that this season in trying to be the inspiration leader. I cringe when people suggest putting him in CM or CB. Because of the purist that I am.
But he’s basically a defender upfront. And along with many many things it’s been a killer more often than not for us this season.

Aspro has been huge since coming in. Future captain. There’s a massive c**t behind his calm quiet professional personality. That’s what makes him so good.

If we keep a hold of Jem past this season I see him being our inspirational high quality leader.

I can’t wait for the clean out at seasons end. And how badly Mulvey f**ks it up.

I dont think Aspro's girlfriend will be happy with that description:oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred