• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Tevor

Le Fondre confirmed us and Newy approached him earlier in the summer but didn’t even get to the point of talking directly to them.

Money maybe as SFC paying him as a Marquee

Source Fox Sports article on him signing and Adam Federci helping him and saying to do it
Big shoes to fill, have this feeling Corica will struggle this year. All well and good to have the cash but can the Manager get the best out of them. Arnie was good at that.

Ozhammer

Big shoes to fill, have this feeling Corica will struggle this year. All well and good to have the cash but can the Manager get the best out of them. Arnie was good at that.
I wouldn’t shed any crocodile tears if SFC have a shite season but Corica will likely be able to live off the momentum that Arnie has built for a while, just like Moss did a few years back.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
fozqSX.png

Michael

Any one know why Monty is/was on the bench as a “trialist” in today’s game in Maitland?
Personally, I hate when clubs at any level do that. Putting coaching staff on the bench (or in some cases starting)If you don’t trust the playing roster you have or the young players coming through... don’t have them at the club.

Can never make sense of it.

But anyway, going off the starting side listed, looks like Mulvey went with a 4-5-1 which suits us with the players we have.
Looking forward to the match reports from those at Maitland.

Yoda

Any one know why Monty is/was on the bench as a “trialist” in today’s game in Maitland?
Personally, I hate when clubs at any level do that. Putting coaching staff on the bench (or in some cases starting)If you don’t trust the playing roster you have or the young players coming through... don’t have them at the club.

Can never make sense of it.

But anyway, going off the starting side listed, looks like Mulvey went with a 4-5-1 which suits us with the players we have.
Looking forward to the match reports from those at Maitland.
Injuries and young socceroos call ups left the squad very light on numbers.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah definitely, I don’t think a back 3/5 suits us with the players we have.
Seemingly, that’s been proven with today’s result (match reports from those there pending)

Yeah totally agree. It seems like midfield is where our depth is. And we don't have 3 fit and firing quality CB's either.

Michael

Yeah totally agree. It seems like midfield is where our depth is. And we don't have 3 fit and firing quality CB's either.

The idea of Clisby, especially, as part a of a CB trio is better than the reality. Not saying he’s a bad CB, just a more natural solid LB.
And with a back 5 in modern football it’s usually coupled with a formation/style that expects to have majority of the ball that will stretch the pitch and create overloads.
I don’t see us doing that. Happy to be proven wrong obviously.

A CM trio of say:
Tom
O’Neil Wee Mac

Is a solid enough base for this league. And Melling/Berry as back ups I can be okay with that.

Josho Howe

I hate 3 and 5 at the back formations. 5 makes it look like you're scared to attack and only elite teams can play 3 at the back. The 3 have to be outstanding players capable of playing the right style to suit that formation. The usual 4 at the back for this team thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred