• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Rowdy

Another Lightning middle of some repute reckons he was shocking and the luckiest man alive when he got picked up by CCM.
Probably green with envy ! playing 90 games for one club in the HAL cant be attributed down to luck ??

Ian McAndrew, now that was some fcukn luck.

Rowdy

Screenshot_2017-08-11-12-28-18-1.png
Wout Brama has vowed to take the Central Coast Mariners to the A-League finals series this year.

The Dutch midfielder, formerly of FC Twente, PEC Zwolle and Utrecht, arrived in Australia last night.

And with the Mariners having finished no higher than eighth in the last three seasons, Brama insists it's time they got back into the six.

“I'm thrilled to help the team come further in the competition than last year,” Brama told the A-League website.

I've been told it was a hard year last year so this year we are going to the finals.
"We're up for it."

Brama is one of four visa signings by the Mariners in the off-season, joining Spaniards Asdrubal and Alan Baro, as well as fellow Dutchman Tom Hiariej.

“I had a lot of contact with [Hiariej] and he spoke very positively about the club,” Brama added.

“That helped me sign the contract here.

“He told me it's a great club and a family club with very nice people and a good squad with a good coach.

“I'm thrilled to start the season here on the 7th of October.

“I'm ready for it.”

Rowdy

English no problem, captain?

I had suggested this just last week, with him or Tom Hiariej as a possibility for Captain 2017/18 Season.

Either would be great for a new direction, especially as both are on 2 year deals.

It all comes down to Okon's preference in which of the 2 he thinks has the right personality to convey both his own mindset for the 'teams mentality' going forward and to build upon our 'Club Culture' of work ethic & community, foundations well laid by Spence, Wilko, Hutcho & Monty.

Either of them, and we can't go wrong !!

Rowdy

Brama or Hiariej Captaining, would take a burden off of Roux's shoulders & allow him to focus on his personal game/devolopment.

Storm was overlooked for gametime at NZ's Confederation Cup campaign, in lieu of Brisb Roars Dane Ingham.

true believer

Nicky travis . The first time i took the boy to a game , he plays his one blinder for the club . Then i get for the next 4 years "where is nicky f'kn cock in a sock travis "

ZedSpecials

Leave the armband on the bench
"Leadership group"
Kiwi, Bama, Tommy
your welcome guys

EDIT: one online booky we just drifted in from 26 to 21 dollars for the League next season
shhhh .. did you just hear that sound too ????

Last edited:

Rowdy

"Leadership group"
Kiwi, Bama, Tommy
your welcome guys

You want the armband (currently Roux) on the bench BUT ....
- you want 'kiwi' (again Roux) on the leadership group. ??:confused:??

Oh ..... & it's 'Brama' ...... just so there's no drama.:cool:

ZedSpecials

Actually I have no issue with a stormy 90th minute co captain impact substitution.

no no no leave the armband on the bench (i volunteer to hold it if all else fails) put the kiwi fella on the green stuff ..right hand side

sticking too with BAMA! - elocution be damned !

Big Al

"Leadership group"
Kiwi, Bama, Tommy
your welcome guys

EDIT: one online booky we just drifted in from 26 to 21 dollars for the League next season
Sure at training but on field your captain is the one allowed to talk to the idiot with a whistle. It is important if you can talk to the ref in the right manner or get his respect than you can get some decisions to go your way.

Stormy while he has a guaranteed spot should not be leading players like Wout and Tom

Forum Phoenix

Brama as Captain is a must.

Oh wait! I forgot about Storm.

Sorry Wout. Former kiwi international, knows the league... you will learn a lot from him, like how to get to Terrigal etc.

Forget the duds. Is this man to be one of the greats?

English no problem, captain?
is a must,

true believer

"Leadership group"
Kiwi, Bama, Tommy
your welcome guys

don't get cocky im on at 26 to 1 and a bling /little team that could GF for a 101 to 1
so no hope
also qpr to get promoted / green to win the NFC and LTTC to make semi at 270 to 1

Wombat

Storm barely has his own position down pat and his understanding and reading of the game leaves alot to be desired. He is simply not experienced enough to Captain our side. With decent players around him improving his game he could develop into a really really good player but right now he is not even a 100% starting 11 player. He has had very poor defensive coaching over the last few years so its not his own fault.
Rose has some merit but Brama and Baro are the obvious choices followed by Tom.

Rowdy

I'm supprised nobody has suggested Josh Rose for captain.
While I love your loyalty Syd for a clubman like Rosey, fact is, this could very well be Josh's last season.

And with that very prospect a reality, handing Rosey the armband for a possible 12mnth stint, at best, is NOT a good decision or longterm plan for creating a stable 'team culture' .

He'll most definitely be utilised by Okon as a member of the leadership group imo, along with Monty - imparting what it means to be a Mariner to both Hiariej & Brama.

Rowdy

Additionally, Rosey will have to battle Golec & Rowles for a starting XI spot, it wont be a given for him.
.....maybe even throw McGing & Ascroft into that contest.

scottmac

Suspended
Someone on here a while ago said that we'd be signing another cb. A definite starter.
I read this on the fox sports website today

"But centre-back Trent Sainsbury’s yet to sort out his future after a spell on loan at Inter Milan from Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning, and has been linked with a move back to the A-League."

Talked Wout into coming here. Could it happen?

bikinigirl

. could somebody please outline the salary situation/issues/consequences of such a move?

. assuming he is still under a serious contract with Suning i.e. we could loan him as a marquee so his wages would be (essentially) paid by Suning (and outside of our cap anyway). i guess that if he was not a marquee his salary (regardless of who is paying it) would be part of our cap

. i know there were comments about his favourable opinion of the club when Brama was announced, but i seem to recall some less than favourable comments in the past regarding the club's management ... and does he still have ties to the Arnold family?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb