• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

yorkshireman

Josh Bingham is one of the worst players ever to play in the a league

Very harsh, he wouldn't be close to a bench position in any other team as his positioning, runs, finishing and physicality are generally very poor BUT his work rate is good. He needs time to perfect all of these things. Unfortunately, they are well short of the required standard to start for the first team so he would have to develop them elsewhere which is difficult.

I saw him play at Pluim and was massively underwhelmed as (by his level of shouting at him) was Paolo.

I want to see him succeed as there is nothing better than a good home grown talent for a club such as ours BUT...

In response to playing him out of position, he was listed as a MF by the club last season and if you watch him, he is more often than not on the wing from his runs, he seems to have an aversion to running into the box and attacking the back post. Maybe playing him out wide is the correct move?

nebakke

Josh Bingham is one of the worst players ever to play in the a league

1440812313_images-1-.jpg

Wombat

We have had some pretty ordinary players at times. I'll throw up some names and you can tell me if they are in our 10 worst ever....

1. Trott GK
2. Nash GK
3. Tomasevic FB
4. Morton FB
5. Tadrosse FB
6. Slater Winger
7. Pellers Mid
8. McClenahan FB
9. Baird. Striker
10. McMaster Mid

Other contenders are . Brad porter, John Sutton, Ahmad Elrich, Zac Anderson

Rowdy

I would prob take Jimmy Mcmaster off or away from that 'Top 10'.

Leeds United/ England Youth International- he was a quality player who just couldnt get his head right, drinking & playing up etc.

He was the only player I ever saw that got the better of Kevin Muscat in a game, physically owned him, giving him lip all game leaving Musc#nt with nothing but a blank look.

After ther 2005/06 GF, invited for drinks with mate Glen Lauder (Foxsports) & Rudan (used to be on forum/Keensy's older bro) up in one of the players rooms @ Terrigal Crowne where the club had put the players up after the loss & Jimmy Mc was the 'roomie'.

Rudan & I ordered $100 of Jim Beam &Cokes from room service, Jimmy tried taking half said he paid for them :naughty:.
He was in & out of that bathroom with a 'sniffle' not giving a fcuk- even though Lyle, his wife & JCrawles was sitting on beds drinking and chatting with us- all while a poker game going on as well with a few other players - he tried hijacking that - told where to go.

He went absolutely mental on the pub crawl the following day, think he went mia after the 3rd of about 10 pubs that day, end of season/ fair enough :-|

Like I said, quality player - just the wrong mentality for the longer term.

Rowdy

Brad Porter too a little harsh, he played 90 odd games (66 starting 11) for CCM - which smokes all of those mentioned above. Was a decent utillity player imo, being used at RB RMid in a diamond.

Never really given an opportunity to play in his best position as an attacking DM, with Hutch always getting the nod. If you ever saw him play for CCLightning in the NPL in the off-season alongside Kwas & Matt Simon, 'Chicken' Porter just ran that midfield and created all day long with smart passing.

Arnie threw him to the wolves up at Newcastle away when were short of CB's through injuries, Brad played an under-hit pass out to RB and a goal ensued, Arnie was filthy at him - did his confidence in - hooked him at half iirc - serves him right his bad.
Then chick picked up the same knee issue as Kwas that put them both out of the game.
An AIS graduate & as the fittest player at the club, his 'beep test' record prob still stands
- Coastie born & bred too. Shame really.

Last edited:

shipwreck

Leeds United/ England Youth International- he was a quality player who just couldnt get his head right, drinking & playing up etc.

He was the only player I ever saw that got the better of Kevin Muscat in a game, physically owned him, giving him lip all game leaving Musc#nt with nothing but a blank look.

After ther 2005/06 GF, invited for drinks with mate Glen Lauder (Foxsports) & Rudan (used to be on forum/Keensy's older bro) up in one of the players rooms @ Terrigal Crowne where the club had put the players up after the loss & Jimmy Mc was the 'roomie'.

Rudan & I ordered $100 of Jim Beam &Cokes from room service, Jimmy tried taking half said he paid for them :naughty:.
He was in & out of that bathroom with a 'sniffle' not giving a fcuk- even though Lyle, his wife & JCrawles was sitting on beds drinking and chatting with us- all while a poker game going on as well with a few other players - he tried hijacking that - told where to go.

He went absolutely mental on the pub crawl the following day, think he went mia after the 3rd of about 10 pubs that day, end of season/ fair enough :-|

Agree, kind of like a poor man's Gascoigne, was actually my favourite player for a while there back in the early mariners days.

Wombat

Brad Porter too a little harsh, he played 90 odd games (66 starting 11) for CCM - which smokes all of those mentioned above. Was a decent utillity player imo, being used at RB RMid in a diamond.

Never really given an opportunity to play in his best position as an attacking DM, with Hutch always getting the nod. If you ever saw him play for CCLightning in the NPL in the off-season alongside Kwas & Matt Simon, 'Chicken' Porter just ran that midfield and created all day long with smart passing.

Arnie threw him to the wolves up at Newcastle away when were short of CB's through injuries, Brad played an under-hit pass out to RB and a goal ensued, Arnie was filthy at him - did his confidence in - hooked him at half iirc - serves him right his bad.
Then chick picked up the same knee issue as Kwas that put them both out of the game.
An AIS graduate & as the fittest player at the club, his 'beep test' record prob still stands
- Coastie born & bred too. Shame really.

I do remember one game when Porter and Gumps both came on as 2nd half subs and completely turned the game around.
He showed me glimpses that day.
Another Lightning middle of some repute reckons he was shocking and the luckiest man alive when he got picked up by CCM.

Wombat

Fair call. Maybe the most disappointing player.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
We have had some pretty ordinary players at times. I'll throw up some names and you can tell me if they are in our 10 worst ever....

1. Trott GK
2. Nash GK
3. Tomasevic FB
4. Morton FB
5. Tadrosse FB
6. Slater Winger
7. Pellers Mid
8. McClenahan FB
9. Baird. Striker
10. McMaster Mid

Other contenders are . Brad porter, John Sutton, Ahmad Elrich, Zac Anderson
BRAD PORTER !...at least he could take a fkn corner properly ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred