• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Ozhammer

. could somebody please outline the salary situation/issues/consequences of such a move?

. assuming he is still under a serious contract with Suning i.e. we could loan him as a marquee so his wages would be (essentially) paid by Suning (and outside of our cap anyway). i guess that if he was not a marquee his salary (regardless of who is paying it) would be part of our cap

. i know there were comments about his favourable opinion of the club when Brama was announced, but i seem to recall some less than favourable comments in the past regarding the club's management ... and does he still have ties to the Arnold family?
Being a current Socceroo he would qualify as our Australian Marquee.

I would personally love to see this happen but am realistic enough to realise that it is somewhat fanciful.

That said, Ange has been repeatedly quoted as saying that players need to be playing regularly to be considered for selection in the national team, so it could happen perhaps?

bikinigirl

Being a current Socceroo he would qualify as our Australian Marquee.

I would personally love to see this happen but am realistic enough to realise that it is somewhat fanciful.

That said, Ange has been repeatedly quoted as saying that players need to be playing regularly to be considered for selection in the national team, so it could happen perhaps?

. i didn't doubt he would qualify as a marquee (greater standing in the game than DDS IMHO) ... i was more interested in the salary scenarios. particularly considering who may be our Australian competitors if he was to return to the A-League

He and Elissa Arnold announced their engagement in Perth in December according to his Instagram.

. surely Sydney couldn't accommodate him, anyway ... but would he really want to go back to working for the father-in-law while (presumably) doing unspeakable things to the boss' daughter :rolleyes: :oops: :naughty: - besides, the FFA have enough issues with the appointment of family members at the moment so they may be hesitant to sign it off too :innocent:

. the Coast would be perfect ... close enough, yet far enough away

localpom

This would really be the icing on the cake. Not too hopeful but this would really take the squad to another level.Think we are still a bit light up front but if DDS and Abdrubs shine we will be fine.

scottmac

Suspended
Wilko was immense last season. Cant see that happening. If he returns it can only be a Sydney club. It won't be Sydney they don't have the spot for him. It would kill me he went to the drive bys

Might also be city.

Big Al

Just looked up the Chinese transfer window and it's closed already, so he wouldn't be available till the new year. He has a 3 yr contract that ends 2019.

Loan deals from January 2018 are his next chance to move and a return to A League really would be a backward step for him

scottmac

Suspended
Just looked up the Chinese transfer window and it's closed already, so he wouldn't be available till the new year. He has a 3 yr contract that ends 2019.

Loan deals from January 2018 are his next chance to move and a return to A League really would be a backward step for him
If he's not playing then any step is a necessary one. Spira is playing second division China but he's playing so gets a recall. Saints and Spurs are the preferred cbs with maybe Milligan. He needs to play.

Sivis

Sorry that this is randam but who's Michael Stojanouski cause im not if hes youth player or not cause his last name isn't Australian i think

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred