• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Blackadder

I get the impression FFA want this deal to work as much as us so I'm hopeful we'll find a suitable outcome either way
They would make it work if it was either Sydney club or either Melbourne club , Mariners no chance in hell of help from the FFA

Wombat

After tonight we still need to strenghten.

We need a starting 11 keeper.

Rose is ok at LB. Golec maybe as an understudy?
Roux is ok at RB. Who is the understudy.
Baro. CB. Immense. Capt for mine.
Rowles CB. Really impressed me. Intelligent, calm, good ball player, looks to switch. Got Rose out of trouble a couple of times. Golec and Harry or Rosebud can cover.
Pain.
L.Rose Dutch Monty. DSS McGing can cover the DM possie.
Hoole
Striker needed. Bingham as cover.

So both fullbacks could be an issue but most importantly we need a striker and a keeper.

midfielder

Number 33 tonight playing wide left, small ... Pain better be careful this kid has skill I have not seen at our club for a while.

No. 27 played like a false 9, maybe a ten ... also seems to have serious talent on his game tonight..

We need a striker Bingers had a number of chances and well none went in.

Impressed with the roll out tonight .. midweek trail, cold as hhhhhmmm ...

Baro while MV let him go is beyond me he is an excellent CB...

Manny_ccm

Number 33 is Peter Kekeris a Joey who has been carving up that side of the field in the Academy side this year.
Loves to run at and dribble past defenders and has a powerful shot on him that's usually on target.

Anyone know why Tom Hiariej didn't play last night after playing the last trial game?

Last edited:

Big Al

Bingham is failing his test by the sound of it.

No goals against young Socceroos or last night. Doesn't sound like much but need to be scoring against these teams to show he is a genuine option.

He killed it at NPL and has the ability but time to take his chances.

I saw Kekeris once at Youth team and looked the goods but was worried about his engine over 90mins (was a hot day but that's A League at 5.30pm conditions) but is a very skilful player who makes things happen. Best yet I spoke to his uncle that day and he said he loves the Mariners and loves the family feel. He didn't like the treatment and favouritism at WSW. So if we give him a chance I reckon he'd stay pretty loyal and WSW might struggle to take him back due to his sour taste on them.

Ozhammer

Number 33 is Peter Kekeris a Joey who has been carving up that side of the field in the Academy side this year.
Loves to run at and dribble past defenders and has a powerful shot on him that's usually on target.

Anyone know why Tom Hiariej didn't play last night after playing the last trial game?

Tommy had a tight hammy apparently, so not risked. I also like the look of Baro, Rowles and Kekeris Weds and Hooke looks keen as.

tsd

He got injured against the U23's
Tommy had a tight hammy apparently, so not risked. I also like the look of Baro, Rowles and Kekeris Weds and Hooke looks keen as.

I saw Tom doing some hydro work at Mingara today and looked to have a slight limp when walking afterwards... id think doubtful for FFA cup (I'm not a physio)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Tottenham's Tom Glover on a 1-year loan

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...over-from-tottenham/o8b24my474fk1khci0cckbje0

The Central Coast Mariners have secured the services of 19-year-old goalkeeper, Thomas Glover on a one-year-loan agreement from English Premier League outfit, Tottenham Hotspur.
The Sydney born gloveman is widely regarded as one of the best young goalkeepers in the Australian national team system and has plied his trade with Tottenham since 2014.

At the tender age of 14, Glover played for the Sutherland Sharks under 18’s side and trained with the first-grade outfit before travelling to London for a dream trial with Tottenham. Signing as a 15-year-old, Glover impressed and completed a permanent move to London to join the English Premier League giants.

During the 2014/15 season, Glover started 16 times for the Spurs’ Under 18’s and impressively produced a string of penalty saves throughout the season. He stepped up to make his Under 21’s debut against Liverpool in October 2014, and played twice in the Lilywhites’ run to the FA Youth Cup semi-finals.

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/l...er_rhswb5mgpzbx1fiuql34nxzmk.jpg?t=2024748013

glover_rhswb5mgpzbx1fiuql34nxzmk.jpg

Tom Glover and Tottenham Hotspur Manager Mauricio Pochettino

Throughout the 2015/16 campaign, he made 11 league appearances for the Spurs’ Under 21’s, in addition to four appearances in the Premier League Under 21 International Cup.

After impressing Spurs’ coaching staff, Glover signed a new contract in December 2015, and was also part of the Tottenham first team squad on match days on a handful of occasions, serving as back-up to Hugo Lloris and Michel Vorm.
Glover [whose father is English] also had the honour of being asked to train with the English national team and has trained regularly with the Spurs’ first team squad.

Glover’s allegiances now lie with Australia having most recently represented his country in Myanmar with Mariners’ attacker Trent Buhagiar who both started in Josep Gombau’s first victory of the campaign with a 2-0 win over Brunei.

Upon signing his contract ahead of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season, Glover spoke with ccmariners.com.au.

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/l...r_1hgbxbpygigp91orls1cagt2rv.jpg?t=2024748997

glover_1hgbxbpygigp91orls1cagt2rv.jpg

“For me this is an important next step in my career and I’m excited to join the Mariners,” Glover said. “It’s been a long time coming because I’ve been in talks with Paolo for a couple of months now and it’s great to have everything confirmed.

“It’s important to get some first team experience and games under my belt – I’ve been playing in the under 23’s at Tottenham and I think to go on loan now is the next step for me. Paolo is willing to give me that opportunity and I want to take that chance with both hands. I worked with Paolo at Young Socceroos level for two years, he is a brilliant coach. His style of play is the way I like to play: playing out from the back, using my feet.

“I’ve been quite fortunate at Tottenham to spend time with the first team set up over the past two seasons, so I’ve seen that side of the football world which every kid dreams about. Travelling around Europe, flying to games in private jets – every kid dreams of it and I’ve been lucky enough to have a little taste.

“Like Hugo [Lloris] and Michel [Vorm] show in the English Premier League they are two fantastic goalkeepers and learning under them has only made me a better goalkeeper so I’ve improved a lot over the past two years.

“My big aim is to play as many games as I can and help the team do well,” Glover said.

Glover is one of three goalkeepers to join the Mariners ranks this season and is looking forward to competing alongside Ben Kennedy & Adam Pearce for the number one spot.

“At every club, there is healthy competition across all positions so if we all push each other we’re all going to improve,” Glover said. “I’m also looking forward to working with Matt Nash who I’m sure will be able to help me take my game to the next level,” Glover said.

Paul Okon is excited to have three goalkeepers who will compete for the number one position this season.

“The Central Coast Mariners are delighted to sign another young and talented goalkeeper,” Okon said. “Tom has all the attributes we are looking for in a goalkeeper that complements our playing style.

“With Tom’s arrival, we now have three goalkeepers who will push each other to earn that number one position which completes our goalkeeping spots for the season,” Okon said

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...o8b24my474fk1khci0cckbje0#dzeKrWLWALtduqHk.99

Tevor

Appears to have plenty of promise for a young lad and if the Spurs are keeping him that is a good sign as well. Interesting to see who PO starts as keeper next week in the FFA. BK probably still injured or under done at the moment so TG will get first chance to impress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb