• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

scottmac

Suspended
Now thats funny. So I am avoiding the facts, lets try this out for facts;

'Your facts

'Crawly not interested because they had Cisak?' - So Crawley had Cisak before he trialled Glover and the Trial was just for fun?
'He's been at Spurs since he was 14' - Wrong since he was 16, he signed there in 2014
'They've put an enormous amount into him over 5yrs' - Wrong - Try 3 years
'He's not going to be sitting on the bench at spurs as a19yr old' - Wrong he did last year as an 18yr old twice!
'They obviously want to see him play first team football but not there' - really - you know that because? (apart from it suits your argument)
'They could have released him because we wanted to sign him longer' - Really - So Glover was seeking a release?

I'm happy to have a spirited debate with you particularly if you question my 'facts' but criticisng from a point of ignorance please.....
Oh coach.....i do enjoy your posts.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...alkeeper-tom-glover/vqz2xr7a48hu1oynvrpvgxlh2

I'll let you pick the "facts" out of that.

Went to England for a trial as a 14yr old and signed at 15. He's now 19. That's 4 - 5yrs. Just because hes only played 3 seasons doesnt mean hes been invested in by spurs for 3yrs.

As you'll see at the end of the cisak line there is a ? That wound indicate that I dont know and it's a possibility. Wow. Earth shattering stuff here. They may have been waiting for cisak to sign and were covering all bases? (Question mark.........)

Twice on the bench hey? Wow. Must means he's ready for the first team......... what i meant was he's not going to waste time on the bench at 19 and play no minutes. It defeats the purpose of spurs having him. He's coming here to play against something other than youth.

Glover wanted to sign as he said so at the bottom of that article and he's been back and forth for the last couple of months (even though you would have us believe otherwise). Tottenham could have released him if they didn't rate or want him as its clear Glover wanted to come to Aus. Wether it be for Sydney WSW or us. Neither of those 2 would have given him first 11 as someone else pointed out.

Tell me coach, whens the last time your negative bullshit ever hit the mark? I mean it seems as though you think you get it right all the time but the reason why people here call your posts out is because you haven't. Pop in a link, some quotes, f**king something other than making me believe you on your word and that you have inside information.

So now, am I ignorant, or have I found information that goes against what you've said? If you didn't come across like a f**king cock so much no one would mind.

Last edited:

localpom

I think most would agree he's a very good signing. I guess not expensive as well so leave some money to spend. Not sure how all this works with loan signings? Looking forward to the next one, so far, so good. Much rests on the striker though.....at the moment that is the one critical area for us.

Big Al

I think most would agree he's a very good signing. I guess not expensive as well so leave some money to spend. Not sure how all this works with loan signings? Looking forward to the next one, so far, so good. Much rests on the striker though.....at the moment that is the one critical area for us.
Depends on the details on wether we pay all his wage or % as far as cash outlay goes but my understanding is the whole amount of his wage goes to the cap count no matter how much we pay. If it was huge (which I doubt) you could make him a marquee for bookkeeping purposes but I don't think that is the case here.
19 yrs old with limited games I would expect his wage to be reasonable

garlo

Mariners social media has been great this year. The spinning post today with all the new players was great.

Thoughts on the silhouettes?

Right looks an awful lot like Fab ;)

scottmac

Suspended
Mariners social media has been great this year. The spinning post today with all the new players was great.

Thoughts on the silhouettes?

Right looks an awful lot like Fab ;)
100%.

They've really got it spot on. Having those 2 silhouette' s in there was a great idea and a way to stop people like me freaking out that we don't have a first 11 striker yet

It does look a lot like fab too

Last edited:

Big Al

Also noted the tweeted about earning OUR STRIPES!

And a couple of tweets and Insta have a diagonal stripe in the bottom corner.

Hints about our new stripe who Shaun mentioned Stripes on the podcast.

Just checked the Facebook you talking about and the NEW SHIRT is the background IMO

Just go to Mariners website hit the Facebook link and see what's been talked about

Last edited:

garlo

Also noted the tweeted about earning OUR STRIPES!

And a couple of tweets and Insta have a diagonal stripe in the bottom corner.

Hints about our new stripe who Shaun mentioned Stripes on the podcast.

Just checked the Facebook you talking about and the NEW SHIRT is the background IMO

Just go to Mariners website hit the Facebook link and see what's been talked about
Oh how did I not notice that! Great pickup!

Surely you are right! I like it!

Ozhammer

I have to say I have been impressed with the way the club has dealt with the off season in keeping everyone interested in what's happening behind the scenes, which is certainly a big improvement on seasons past.

Also having pre-season games played at Pluim Park has been a good move, by allowing fans to watch the team in action.

Like others have said, I am becoming quietly excited with the coming season and hoping the club get the last couple of recruitments spot on, to really give us a great chance of competing.

pjennings

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that. The FFA sign the contracts - and have before he played last week. The FFA have already looked at it before they signed. It is only a story because of a disgruntled Perth reporter.

BTW - the article also has Cirio as a marquee target in spite of the fact that he has signed for Ibiza.

Big Al

Let's see if he plays the FFA cup. Got a feeling he won't be there and there is something in this contract issue
Wouldn't have played trial game last week if so as can't see us having insurance if he wasn't registered. Also no other outlets picked up the article which is unusual.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred