• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Capt. Awesome

Great pickup. Was starting to think we had missed our opportunity to sign him. We have always had a youth policy but we now seem to be signing quality youth instead of risky NPL players.

scottmac

Suspended
Id say the loan deal is why it took months to get this one done. We wanted him but could only get a loan deal done. Good for both parties. Shame the game against the jets today is behind closed doors. Wonder if he'll get time today? Is he even there yet?

Big Al

Risky Izzo 2.0

19 with limited playing time, but talented. A very Mariners and even more a Paolo signing.

Marquess (youth) wonder if he has been signed for youth or this is the end for him? Gives us 3 GK under 23 in the club if signed and a broken down scumme

Funny Cisak was signed yesterday by SFC.

localpom

Risky Izzo 2.0

19 with limited playing time, but talented. A very Mariners and even more a Paolo signing.

Marquess (youth) wonder if he has been signed for youth or this is the end for him? Gives us 3 GK under 23 in the club if signed and a broken down scumme

Funny Cisak was signed yesterday by SFC.
Much less risky than Izzo IMO. He has been with Spurs a while and would have played some high quality games and been around excellent coaches and players. Spurs obviously rate him otherwise would have let him go.

scottmac

Suspended
Has played quite a bit in the youth set up at spurs and had been training with the first team on and off. They obviously rate him highly to have put as much into him as they have.

Coach

Unfortunately this is not what it seems. Firstly, if Spurs wanted him they would not have loaned him out. He has a contract that Spurs need to honour and therefore they can loan him out and get some coin back. He trialed at Sydney, Crawley wasn't interested, he then was off back to Spurs but Kalac offered him a trial that came to nothing. For Glover it was back to Spurs with an uncertain future. We came in at that point which was only two weeks ago. We were his last choice.

nebakke

Unfortunately this is not what it seems. Firstly, if Spurs wanted him they would not have loaned him out. He has a contract that Spurs need to honour and therefore they can loan him out and get some coin back. He trialed at Sydney, Crawley wasn't interested, he then was off back to Spurs but Kalac offered him a trial that came to nothing. For Glover it was back to Spurs with an uncertain future. We came in at that point which was only two weeks ago. We were his last choice.

In all fairness - I think a club like the Smurfs is a lot more risk-averse with regards to youth, than they care to admit. For all of the accolades Arnie got for having brought youth in when he coached for us, it was a matter of necessity... Look at the sort of players they're signing now, he's putting the money towards experienced signings rather than youth. It's hardly surprising that for a last-ditch defence spot like the goalie, he'd go for age and experience. Much as ability obviously is the main factor, I'm not sure that Glover's age and lack of first team experience wouldn't have put them off.
I think the drive-bys are in a similar situation tbh - hence the GK swaps between the two clubs last season... I'm not sure all of that reflects as badly on Glover as you think.
He's a youth player, if Everton were certain they didn't want him, they would've just cut him lose, contract or no... There's not much to be made from holding on to him if they have no faith in him... Especially not if there were clubs sniffing around for him.

scottmac

Suspended
Crawly not interested because they had Cisak? Nice way to avoid facts there coach.

Glover is f**king 19. He's been at spurs since he was 14. They've put an enormous amount into him over 5yrs. But hey, uncertain future......... He's not going to be sitting on the bench at spurs as a19yr old. They obviously want to see him play first team football but not there. They could have released him because we wanted to sign him longer. As we did with DDS.

He'll play for us as 1st choice for sure. Especially seeing at though Kennedy is not fit. Let's see how he goes.

Bladesman

Great signing. Glover will be 1st choice keeper for us I have no doubt.

There is no way Spurs would have or be keeping him around if they did not rate him. There would also be nothing in it for Spurs to let him come here to sit on the bench, he would be better staying over there. Given that Mat Ryan has made a very successful career path from young A-League keeper to premier league I think that would have played on the decision by Spurs to let him come here (they way we have defended over the last few years he will also get plenty of practice so not sure if that played a part in the decision :))

The level he has played and trained at over there will mean he has no issues with the A-League standard.

pjennings

I'm finding it interesting that we have 4 keepers (including Marques at the academy) with 3 of them 20 or younger . You would think that Spurs want Glover to get a lot more game time to aid his development. If he does it is good for us because he must be playing well, it is also good for Tom because a standout season will get him thought about as a regular part of the Spurs match day squad. In the mean time, even if Glover performs well and only ends up being here for a season, it gives the other two young keepers time to further develop.

Big Al

In all fairness - I think a club like the Smurfs is a lot more risk-averse with regards to youth, than they care to admit. For all of the accolades Arnie got for having brought youth in when he coached for us, it was a matter of necessity... Look at the sort of players they're signing now, he's putting the money towards experienced signings rather than youth. It's hardly surprising that for a last-ditch defence spot like the goalie, he'd go for age and experience. Much as ability obviously is the main factor, I'm not sure that Glover's age and lack of first team experience wouldn't have put them off.
I think the drive-bys are in a similar situation tbh - hence the GK swaps between the two clubs last season... I'm not sure all of that reflects as badly on Glover as you think.
He's a youth player, if Everton were certain they didn't want him, they would've just cut him lose, contract or no... There's not much to be made from holding on to him if they have no faith in him... Especially not if there were clubs sniffing around for him.
Arnie wanted to play youth but you just can't at SFC. They demand success eaxh year not every 3 say. They have had to abandon youth. If they are special they will get a gig but thats it. As you after Danny being superb last year they were not going to take the risk.

WSW have 3 or 4 in the Olyroos so are also playing some but they have got John Hall and Glover might not have liked it if behind Janjetovic. If you going to sit on a bench make sure its Tottenhams.

Big Al

Who knows what Spurs thinking is but could also be he's an asset and he might get signed somewhere if plays well instead of his contract just running out.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

1) How do you know we only came in 2 weeks?
2) Why do you assume they would not want him if they loaned him? The 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Coach

Crawly not interested because they had Cisak? Nice way to avoid facts there coach.

Glover is f**king 19. He's been at spurs since he was 14. They've put an enormous amount into him over 5yrs. But hey, uncertain future......... He's not going to be sitting on the bench at spurs as a19yr old. They obviously want to see him play first team football but not there. They could have released him because we wanted to sign him longer. As we did with DDS.

He'll play for us as 1st choice for sure. Especially seeing at though Kennedy is not fit. Let's see how he goes.

Now thats funny. So I am avoiding the facts, lets try this out for facts;

'Your facts

'Crawly not interested because they had Cisak?' - So Crawley had Cisak before he trialled Glover and the Trial was just for fun?
'He's been at Spurs since he was 14' - Wrong since he was 16, he signed there in 2014
'They've put an enormous amount into him over 5yrs' - Wrong - Try 3 years
'He's not going to be sitting on the bench at spurs as a19yr old' - Wrong he did last year as an 18yr old twice!
'They obviously want to see him play first team football but not there' - really - you know that because? (apart from it suits your argument)
'They could have released him because we wanted to sign him longer' - Really - So Glover was seeking a release?

I'm happy to have a spirited debate with you particularly if you question my 'facts' but criticisng from a point of ignorance please.....

Capt. Awesome

Now thats funny. So I am avoiding the facts, lets try this out for facts;

'Your facts

'Crawly not interested because they had Cisak?' - So Crawley had Cisak before he trialled Glover and the Trial was just for fun?
'He's been at Spurs since he was 14' - Wrong since he was 16, he signed there in 2014
'They've put an enormous amount into him over 5yrs' - Wrong - Try 3 years
'He's not going to be sitting on the bench at spurs as a19yr old' - Wrong he did last year as an 18yr old twice!
'They obviously want to see him play first team football but not there' - really - you know that because? (apart from it suits your argument)
'They could have released him because we wanted to sign him longer' - Really - So Glover was seeking a release?

I'm happy to have a spirited debate with you particularly if you question my 'facts' but criticisng from a point of ignorance please.....
Oh... how I love pre-season on this forum :popcorn:

Coach

1) How do you know we only came in 2 weeks?
2) Why do you assume they would not want him if they loaned him? The 2 aren't mutually exclusive.
Hi BB, Much better questions;
1. He was at WSW training 3 weeks ago and was heading back to England empty handed
2. Not mutually exclusive - Glover will not accept a release and Spurs have no immediate place for him, it was up to him to find a gig. Spurs would not arrange a loan with an A-League club for two reasons, they don't rate the league and he is too far away if actually needed!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred