• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

midfielder

Wonders aloud when then next announcement will be and what position... maybe the keeper on trail...

But the big two the CD & Striker ...

You get the feeling these two signing will define our season as I am assuming they will be quality and of an age to lead the younger players...

Wombat

Triple Bugger, Cirio back to Spain.

Cirio was never coming here after we signed Hoole. Just coz Glover is trailing with Drive bys doesnt mean we wont get him....remember Poppa is an angry and flighty bastard.

BTW talking of Drive bys. I was in Merrylands this arvo and the main street from Stocklands to Parra was blocked off. Coppers had blocked off a car and streets 100yds either side were blocked off. Police were everywhere and not looking too friendly. I didnt catch anything on the radio but it looked like a MAJOR incident. Does anyone have the gossip?

yorkshireman

I'm regards to Powell, he has been injured since midway through last season and is injured now. Saw him at the game last week at Pluim. Chatty and seemed happy enough. He was injured in a warm up session last season which is why Bingham started getting on the bench.

Forum Phoenix

I've been away a lot and have only checked in a little.

Looking good to me.

Great to have Rosey back, but I think Rowles will challenge him and both he and Golec will add some needed height and muscle as well - presuming Paolo will look to play him as a CB. Must be thinking this over 3 LB's.

Finally a true 10 again, our front third won't know itself. And the fact we finally have someone to hit dead balls properly as well is almost as important to our side.

A DM that has the pedigree to be a genuine Monty replacement provided he has a similar work rate and spirit - and you'd suspect he will be better on the ball and more suited to Okon-ball.

Hoole has always been dangerous... combined with Pain Appiah and Trent... we have a lot of pace, just maybe not quite the on ball players I would have thought Okonball relies on... so I think this means the quality of our striker will be paramount in getting the balance right. I think Bingers is good on the ball and will be able to do a solid job as a back up.

I expect we'll definitely get another 2 players CB and Striker. But Ideally we still need another experienced central mid and a better keeper imo.

Otherwise... if Tom and Baro are injured and say Berry and Rosebud come in, we become a very young and inexperienced side again.

Very happy with progress but experience wise still a bit thin.

Last edited:

rbakersmith

This is not good news at all:
EXCLUSIVE: Football Federation Australia have stepped in to probe Danny De Silva’s contract wrangles and try to unravel them before the start of the A-League season.
De Silva, 20, signed a three-year deal with Central Coast Mariners earlier this month after he left Perth Glory following an 18-month loan spell with Roda JC in the Eredivisie.

But his contract details are mired in secrecy which could reveal he is at the centre of either an outlawed co-ownership or third party ownership agreement with Italian giants, Roma.

And until the controversy is cleared up, FFA can't register him with the Mariners for next season.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/exclusive-ffa-probe-de-silva-roma-deal-468629/page0

Pirate Pete

"Alternatively he may have privately entered into a side agreement with Roma giving them an option on him in the future…but that could be perilously close to a third-party ownership arrangement banned by FIFA".

I thought it had already been reported that Roma would have first pick if he was transfered.
I didn't think that was a big deal. I've certainly read about it regarding players in the UK.

Tevor

"Alternatively he may have privately entered into a side agreement with Roma giving them an option on him in the future…but that could be perilously close to a third-party ownership arrangement banned by FIFA".

I thought it had already been reported that Roma would have first pick if he was transfered.
I didn't think that was a big deal. I've certainly read about it regarding players in the UK.
I'm with you, lets just hope we did all above board. I recall reading that Roma had first option on him as well.

Gratis

I get the impression FFA want this deal to work as much as us so I'm hopeful we'll find a suitable outcome either way

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred