• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

style_cafe

Yep, this is what i'm thinking too.... we could assume this would be close to the starting side -
..............................................................New GK?.................................................................................
Storm...........................Baro.............................New CB.......................................Rosey or New LB....
.....................................Tommy H............................L.Rose..................................................................
Hooley......................................................DDS...................................................Connor.........................
..............................................................New Striker...............................................................................

So just to keep the ball rolling who would you have as Captain? :popcorn:

Holy

Yep, this is what i'm thinking too.... we could assume this would be close to the starting side -
..............................................................New GK?.................................................................................
Storm...........................Baro.............................New CB.......................................Rosey or New LB....
.....................................Tommy H............................L.Rose..................................................................
Hooley......................................................DDS...................................................Connor.........................
..............................................................New Striker...............................................................................
Whilst your probably pretty close to the mark, I still think we lack a presence defencively.

Tommy and Rosebud are small guys, neither have that mongrel in them (admittedly I've only seen 35mins of Tommy) needed to put the fear of God into opposition AM / strikers.

Whilst Baro will be good, the rest of the spine, whilst technically good ball players, is made up of lightweight guys, small in statue. This worries me a bit.

Would still like to see a hard head DM added to the squad, or maybe the new CB still being talked about will fill the void.

true believer

Whilst your probably pretty close to the mark, I still think we lack a presence defencively.

Tommy and Rosebud are small guys, neither have that mongrel in them (admittedly I've only seen 35mins of Tommy) needed to put the fear of God into opposition AM / strikers.

Whilst Baro will be good, the rest of the spine, whilst technically good ball players, is made up of lightweight guys, small in statue. This worries me a bit.

Would still like to see a hard head DM added to the squad, or maybe the new CB still being talked about will fill the void.

what about mcging and no spot for golec ?

scottmac

Suspended
Really should be finishing this roster up soon. Okon doesn't really have time to let these guys become a team after the season starts. He needs to hit the ground running in terms of performance and the longer it takes to finalise the last few worries me.

Big Al

Really should be finishing this roster up soon. Okon doesn't really have time to let these guys become a team after the season starts. He needs to hit the ground running in terms of performance and the longer it takes to finalise the last few worries me.
Agree but also saw that it was 3 months till the start of the season. Still a little way off but the sooner the better I agree. New team needs to get to know each other and these trials are just the time

localpom

Most clubs still have lots to do.....some need major recruitment still. We are basically just 2 players short of a starting 11 (GK/Striker). Another CB would be great but we would get by with Golec there and Rosey at LB.

scottmac

Suspended
Most clubs still have lots to do.....some need major recruitment still. We are basically just 2 players short of a starting 11 (GK/Striker). Another CB would be great but we would get by with Golec there and Rosey at LB.
We aren't most clubs. Inexperienced manager and whole new roster. Not like 6 but basically a whole starting 11. They need time to get his philosophy, the structures etc. This is the year he needs to show he's capable.
Just getting nervous the longer it goes on. There really are only 6 or so games before season starts to see these guys together under match pressure.
Also id like to see us do well in the cup. Would take pressure off PO.

Big Al

We aren't most clubs. Inexperienced manager and whole new roster. Not like 6 but basically a whole starting 11. They need time to get his philosophy, the structures etc. This is the year he needs to show he's capable.
Just getting nervous the longer it goes on. There really are only 6 or so games before season starts to see these guys together under match pressure.
Also id like to see us do well in the cup. Would take pressure off PO.
Also some teams start slow because of getting to know each other. We saw the big clubs pull away after 5-6 weeks of the competition.

Starting well breeds confidence in the team and fear in the opposition, but we aren't far off but the sooner we get our foreigners the better as they have a huge adjustment getting used to the new country, new language sometimes and climate

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Doing well in the preseason matches may also have the benefit of helping with membership numbers - wouldn't surprise me if there are still a number of people sitting on the fence of a membership with a 'why should I bother' mindset, after the rough few seasons we've had.

Though it would also be great to get an awesome crowd to Rd 1 - and if there's a glimmer of hope through preseason that'll certainly help that.

To have our membership numbers where they are - heck, to have our crowds still as high as they were last season - is certainly a reflection on how hard the club has been working to drive these.

pjennings

Assuming that Harry is gone we have 5 spots left and will probably fill 4 at least. Keeping DDS salary out of the cap I would think we still have a LOT of cap space left for a starting striker, GK, CB as well as a CB backup.

I'm still not convinced we have seen the last of the exits either.

dibo

I'm still not convinced we have seen the last of the exits either.

We've heard suspiciously little about Blake Powell since... January? But I can't think of anyone else we'd be moving on.

Ascroft is obviously trialling OS, and Adelson seems to be trialling at the Jets, but until something's announced I think we treat them as ours.

But most of the squad is now there by Okon's own choice.

Other than the players listed above, the only players on our list not either signed or extended by Okon are:
  • Berry (though that was just after Okon saw him play for us against his Aus U20 side, and rumours at the time were that he might have had a hand in it);
  • McGing, and;
  • Pain.
I can't really see any of them leaving - maybe McGing at an absolute stretch, but I think he's handy cover who now has a lot of experience for a 23 year old (49 first team games!) and is unlikely to be taking up a lot of cap space!

Big Al

We've heard suspiciously little about Blake Powell since... January? But I can't think of anyone else we'd be moving on.

Ascroft is obviously trialling OS, and Adelson seems to be trialling at the Jets, but until something's announced I think we treat them as ours.

Other than the players listed above, the only players on our list not either signed or extended by Okon are:
  • Berry (though that was just after Okon saw him play for us against his Aus U20 side, and rumours at the time were that he might have had a hand in it);
  • McGing, and;
  • Pain.
I can't really see any of them leaving - maybe McGing at an absolute stretch, but I think he's handy cover who now has a lot of experience for a 23 year old (49 first team games!) and is unlikely to be taking up a lot of cap space!
Blake Powell was in some training photos, so still around but will have to work hard to get a run. Fighting with Bingham to be the backup striker. Pretty sure Hoole will back up DDS at #10 but he could still be considered the backup here to. However if got an offer to play elsewhere I don't think we'd complain.
Adelson was on the team sheet for the jets as a trialist last night in there 2-0 win in first preseason game (roy scored). Considering his contract is up it's safe to say he is gone.

Yoda

pjennings

• McGing, and;
  • Pain.

I knew Adelson had gone but was probably referring to Blake in particular. Paolo preferred Fab to him as CAM, and Bingham to him as both RW and striker and as you said we have seen little of him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami