• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Tevor

Not sure Appiah is part of the signing announcements as it is an extension. Heard a rumour we are looking at Blackwood, not sure that is a great signing and doesn't say much for Bingers. SFC pundits have predicted Cirio, Kennedy and Blackwood to come.

Last edited:

localpom

Not sure Apiah is part of the signing announcements as it is an extension. Heard a rumour we are looking at Blackwood, not sure that is a great signing and doesn't say much for Bingers. SFC pundits have predicted Cirio, Kennedy and Blackwood to come.
Blackwood would be a great signing. I would sooner spend what money we have on a quality #10 and putting faith on Powell/Bingers/Blackwood up front. The greatest striker in the world won't score many if they don't receive great service.

Big Al

Not sure Apiah is part of the signing announcements as it is an extension. Heard a rumour we are looking at Blackwood, not sure that is a great signing and doesn't say much for Bingers. SFC pundits have predicted Cirio, Kennedy and Blackwood to come.
Resigning is still a signing especially since his contract had lapsed or was about to.

He is definitely one of the four.

Big Al

Blackwood would be a great signing. I would sooner spend what money we have on a quality #10 and putting faith on Powell/Bingers/Blackwood up front. The greatest striker in the world won't score many if they don't receive great service.
Would go with our youth policy but man Roy the snake will bw spewing as we are signing the quality he wanted and now he has to rot in Newcastle.

Blackwood did look pretty good last year or year before when ever he got a lot of game time but his problem was putting the ball in the net. Can't have a striker who can't score

Tevor

Suspect Okon knows Blackwood pretty well and Blackwood would be sitting at SFC wondering when he will get his next run even with the AFC next year.

localpom

Suspect Okon knows Blackwood pretty well and Blackwood would be sitting at SFC wondering when he will get his next run even with the AFC next year.
We are the right club for him i think. He will find it very hard to get regular game time there.

Tevor

Would go with our youth policy but man Roy the snake will bw spewing as we are signing the quality he wanted and now he has to rot in Newcastle.

Blackwood did look pretty good last year or year before when ever he got a lot of game time but his problem was putting the ball in the net. Can't have a striker who can't score
Like others have mentioned we need a good #10 then Roy may feel a little hard done by. At least when we play them our defence should be stronger so would be good to keep him goalless at CCS.

Manny_ccm

Galloway is not necessarily gone.....
? He's been announced as gone
http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...ayer--staff-changes/gygjq75n2zhv14nql8u6llsw4
"Jacques Faty, Mickael Tavares & Scott Galloway will all part ways with the Mariners following the conclusion on their contracts."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/19/mariners-axe-league-duo-faty-and-tavares
"Defender Scott Galloway has also moved on, although the club says this is unrelated to his trial with Dutch top-flight club Willem II."

midfielder

I would love Blackwood very similar to Matty Simon .... and he can play back to goals as well...

I saw him play in the youth team in Asia he was good.... he is young and I think a future Socceroo with the right coach and he is going to have huge trouble breaking in at Sydney plus he should be reasonably cheap...

Get a decent 10 behind him, and then sign a good left back and the squad is coming together nicely... add Cirio ....

localpom

I would love Blackwood very similar to Matty Simon .... and he can play back to goals as well...

I saw him play in the youth team in Asia he was good.... he is young and I think a future Socceroo with the right coach and he is going to have huge trouble breaking in at Sydney plus he should be reasonably cheap...

Get a decent 10 behind him, and then sign a good left back and the squad is coming together nicely... add Cirio ....
Add a decent keeper as well. :) But yes, this should be our strongest squad in a number of years.

Wombat

I like Blackwood alot, very much like Matty but with a bit more quality. To be honest i would have signed him and cut Appiah but that would have been harsh on Appi.
I'd also prefer him to Powell but they are both already signed and we need a dead set, experienced quality #9. A 15 goals a season striker. With Bingers and Powell already on the books I can't see a spot for Blackwood this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred