• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

JoyfulPenguin

some of the MV (and neutral) supporters on reddit are saying he was quite a good and consistent defender. If so then he'll bring something to the back line we so desperately lacked all season - consistency, capability and leadership. Don't know anything about him myself - don't get to watch games where we're not playing.
I think his leadership will only get better, he struggled early on to organise Ansell and Donachie (probably because of language problems) but got much better as the season went on. He's a terrific tackler, apart from Griffiths I don't think there's a better tackler in the league.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Okay, well, I'm genuinely excited then.
And I also like that Tom Heirr-whatever has plenty of defensive experience. Sounds like Okon can focus on recruiting for the attack (and goalkeeper).

shipwreck

I wonder who is going to be Captain, Hee-Arr-Ee-Ay has good English, but surely cant expect to be put straight in as Captain.

JoyfulPenguin

I wonder who is going to be Captain, Hee-Arr-Ee-Ay has good English, but surely cant expect to be put straight in as Captain.
Seems like Storm was being groomed but he doesn't seem quite ready yet. Wouldn't mind Liam Rose getting it, though he is probably not ready either.

MagpieMariner

Well Storm wore the armband each time Monty was out last season, so that'd be my guess.
The two new guys look promising, so I hope they come through their medicals with flying colours.

JoyfulPenguin

Victory has gone Aussie at the back so they can go foreign furthe up the pitch.

They got Rhys Williams from Perth to partner Donachie.

Pretty good Aussie pairing if Williams stays fit
I'm not entirely convinced by Donachie and I don't think Williams will be too good at marshaling him. Without Georgeivski they have a gaping hole at left back, Broxham gets torn apart by any half decent winger. If they don't sign another experienced centre back I think they could struggle, especially if Deng's season rotting on the bench in the Dutch Second division has affected him.

Tevor

Victory has gone Aussie at the back so they can go foreign further up the pitch.

They got Rhys Williams from Perth to partner Donachie.

Pretty good Aussie pairing if Williams stays fit
Agree Big Al they also have Asia where too many foreigners is not a good thing as there are limits and Baro would have just taken up a space and only probably play in the a league. SFC & MV both have to plan their foreigners carefully for next season if they are to be more than cannon fodder in the AFC which I believe both teams want to do well in. Their loss our gain.

Last edited:

Fishsdad

Okay, well, I'm genuinely excited then.
And I also like that Tom Heirr-whatever has plenty of defensive experience. Sounds like Okon can focus on recruiting for the attack (and goalkeeper).

Last season we started out with our stocks looking up because we had signed a first rate Centre Back (Faty) and a first rate DM (Tavares). For this season our stocks are looking up because we have signed a first rate CB (Baro) and a first rate DM (Tom H - it'll take me forever to remember how to spell his name).

The difference of course is we have Paulo making the decisions instead of the muppets of a year ago. Like Capn Gus, I'm genuinely excited about next season!

Wombat

I'm not entirely convinced by Donachie and I don't think Williams will be too good at marshaling him. Without Georgeivski they have a gaping hole at left back, Broxham gets torn apart by any half decent winger. If they don't sign another experienced centre back I think they could struggle, especially if Deng's season rotting on the bench in the Dutch Second division has affected him.

I think Donachie is excellent. I am excited by Baro who is tough and aggressive. Good signing. Who will partner him in the middle?
Storm is not suitable as a Captain at all.

JoyfulPenguin

I think Donachie is excellent. I am excited by Baro who is tough and aggressive. Good signing. Who will partner him in the middle?
Storm is not suitable as a Captain at all.
I think Donachie has the attributes to be a great centre back but he is yet to put them together, adding a rather self centered Williams who struggles with the same thing I don't think will help that. Would like to see Rose partnering him. Combine those two with Hiareij and I think we will have no trouble playing out from the back, you can even afford to have McGing as a midfielder then because all he has to do is pass back and one of them will work it out.

localpom

Baro and Tom are 2 excellent signings. Quality players. We still need 2 or 3 more of that quality to make us a top 6 team but things are looking up. Really, so far we have just signed replacements for 2 expensive foreign players that we never used. :)

Spacks

100% womby. I'm really keen to see this happen as well. Injuries have crueled him but i believe his future is bright
Central Coast A-League winger Jake Adelson's terrible run of luck has continued with news the 20-year-old has ruptured his ACL for the second time in 12 months.
Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/09/20/16/40/mariners-adelson-suffers-2nd-acl-injury#pEGrgC3FPkYTZL0h.99

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/09/20/16/40/mariners-adelson-suffers-2nd-acl-injury

I honestly doubt he'd be worth the effort. Too injury prone.

scottmac

Suspended
Carusca really becomes a very valuable player as an aussie. I wanted him to be signed before knowing this but really think he's a must have now. All stops out for this signing please

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred