• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Wombat

Makarounas is a waste of time. No better than Blake Powell and at least powell can play up front if needed. waste of a spot even on min wage. Mells is interesting. The whisper is Cirio is a mariner.

midfielder

From SBS there best players off contract.

Goalkeeper - Eugene Galekovic
Left back - Marc Warren
Centre backs - Alan Baro and Nick Ansell
Right back - Aaron Calver
Midfield - Milos Dimitrijevic, Marcelo Carrusca, Thomas Broich and James Troisi
Forwards - Corey Gameiro and Filip Holosko

Bench - Ivan Necevski (ex-Central Coast Mariners goalkeeper), Iacopo La Rocca (off contract at Adelaide United, covering centre back and defensive midfield), David Carney (versatile left-side player, off contract at Sydney FC), Nebojsa Marinkovic (ex-Perth Glory midfielder), George Blackwood (young striker, off contract at Sydney FC)

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/17/leagues-best-uncontracted-xi

midfielder

From SBS there best players off contract.

Goalkeeper - Eugene Galekovic
Left back - Marc Warren
Centre backs - Alan Baro and Nick Ansell
Right back - Aaron Calver
Midfield - Milos Dimitrijevic, Marcelo Carrusca, Thomas Broich and James Troisi
Forwards - Corey Gameiro and Filip Holosko

Bench - Ivan Necevski (ex-Central Coast Mariners goalkeeper), Iacopo La Rocca (off contract at Adelaide United, covering centre back and defensive midfield), David Carney (versatile left-side player, off contract at Sydney FC), Nebojsa Marinkovic (ex-Perth Glory midfielder), George Blackwood (young striker, off contract at Sydney FC)

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/17/leagues-best-uncontracted-xi

WE could build a decent team around the players highlighted.

JoyfulPenguin

Is Marc Warren worth re-signing?.
Imho definitely not, technically deficient and can't cross to save himself. The system Perth played allowed him to be covered by two players and have nearly no offensive duties, we simply can't afford that. Mickey Neill/Steve Whyte or an NPL player is a better option.

localpom

The obligatory squad thread for next season. We currently have 10 players signed for next season with an average current age of 21

Gone already (3)

Hewerd-Belle
Fletcher
McDonald

Confirmed going (2)

Izzo
O'Donovan

Expiring contracts (10)

Necesvski
Galloway
Neill
Faty
Poscoliero
Adelson
Tavares
Montgomery
Ferriera
Appiah-Kubi

2018 - (7)

Pearce
Rose
Ascroft
McGing
Pain
Bingham
Powell

2019 - (3)

Roux
Berry
Buhagiar
Lots of recruiting to do. Galloway off to Europe for a trial as well.
So...we have 11 players signed for next season? Of the expiring contracts i would keep Neill and Adelson (and Galloway if it doesn't work out).
Add Cirio, Kennedy, Hoole,as they all seem likely. As others have stated its the spine we need strengthening. Experienced CB, DM, number 10 and striker are all key.

Tassiemariner

The obligatory squad thread for next season. We currently have 10 players signed for next season with an average current age of 21

Gone already (3)

Hewerd-Belle
Fletcher
McDonald

Confirmed going (2)

Izzo
O'Donovan

Expiring contracts (10)

Necesvski
Galloway
Neill
Faty
Poscoliero
Adelson
Tavares
Montgomery
Ferriera
Appiah-Kubi

2018 - (7)

Pearce
Rose
Ascroft
McGing
Pain
Bingham
Powell

2019 - (3)

Roux
Berry
Buhagiar

Any admin or pjennings want to update this?

Officially gone is now Necesvski, Poscoliero, Ferriera, Montgomery, Faty, Tavares

This leaves
Galloway
Neill
Adelson
Appiah-Kubi

garlo

Article on Fox Sports of the 10 Tastiest Transfers for the ALeague.
Lists an ideal destination for Broich as us which I personally would be very happy with! A lot of experience and would be such a great mentor for the younger crew.
Interestingly it also says Gameiro for us which agree with! I'd be willing to throw him a bone and hope he stays injury free!

Been quiet on here for a while but I'm back on...feeling...optimistic...let's say!
Hope we are all well!!

pjennings

Any admin or pjennings want to update this?

Officially gone is now Necesvski, Poscoliero, Ferriera, Montgomery, Faty, Tavares

This leaves
Galloway
Neill
Adelson
Appiah-Kubi

Updated but I have left Faty and Tavares in at this stage as I have heard nothing officially.

pjennings

Strange they have both announced it personally on Facebook over a month ago but nothing from the club yet. Wonder what the reason why is

Shaun said they were both doing a lot of community work. I believe the contracts go to 31/5/2017. However, for all intents and purposes the squad is on holidays after the golf day tomorrow.

nebakke

I gotta say... It's getting hard to not be a little bit impatient... Bleeding players and - staff, relatively - and not a single signing... C'mon guys - Paolo has been back for a week now! :(

Big Al

Strange they have both announced it personally on Facebook over a month ago but nothing from the club yet. Wonder what the reason why is
We have only announced players who have joined other clubs or moved upstairs

We haven't announced anyone released yet that I can remember

Announced
Roy - snaked it up the road
Fab - O/s
Izzo - crying back to mum
Posco - Perth
Monty - office job
Galloway- o/s trial
Ivan - Terminated something funny went on there

As mentioned above they still employees so probably get a release list like other clubs soon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred