• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Ancient Mariner

Hopefully he can find a good Dutch centre half.

What he has to find first is an experienced, quality spine (keeper, centre half, DM, #10 and a striker), then he can fill in the spaces with young up and comers.

Big Al

AU had a podcast with there version od Shaun and Cirio is definitely out of AU so here's hoping he's headed our way.

Big Al

Interesting to hear Shaun on the Ramble outline PO's travels - Spain x 2, Belgium, Holland and UK, returning via Melbourne. Hopefully he dropped into Melbourne to sign up Ansell. Perhaps he found a player of interest in Spain to go there twice. I assume he still has contacts in Belgium from his Club Brugge days but I would think he is contacting players he coached with U/20 national team. Stefan Mauk hasn't had a look in at NEC, Cameron Burgess 21 year old CB on loan to Bury from Fulham, Peter Skapetis 21 year old striker at Dover, Curtis Good at Newcastle has been reported as returning to Australia after 2 years of injuries, Giancarlo Gallifuoco was at Torquay and now uncontracted.
We were linked to Joel Chianese however he has just signed again for Glory. Nothing on Cirio yet however player announcements are going to be linked to membership drive. PO will have to sign at least 10 players given the players we have let go, looking at what we have left they will have to be first 11 quality.
There was an article very recently on Mauk, had an offer from the Championship in January and was close to going.
Wasn't going well under the coach who thought he was technically one of there best players but didn't defend like he wanted. Said coach now gone. We no chance of Mauk unfortunately

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
SO...Posco is off to Perth....he wasnt to foul , but i think his average was playing 1 in 3 games ...and its been suggested his a bit fragile , but anyway good luck to him , at least till he comes here anyway

Wombat

Hopefully he can find a good Dutch centre half.

What he has to find first is an experienced, quality spine (keeper, centre half, DM, #10 and a striker), then he can fill in the spaces with young up and comers.

He doesn't need to be Dutch. German, Italian, British, Serbian, Dutch. Just experienced and comfortable with the ball.

Forum Phoenix

Maybe the week before the Scum game and i'd say the deal was definitely not on the table then.

I'm very excited to still have him at the club and he is pretty switched on in his opinions on certain matters and players. He will be a huge plus for us and he rates Okon as an excellent Coach so they should work well together.

I like your take on the situation, however I think peoples reactions have been totally understandable.

If he was dumped without ceremony I'd have been pissed. But I don't get the anger on this one. But Hey i don't have to, so all good :)

Big Al

“My agent is talking with some clubs in Australia,” Baro said.

“Everything I did in Melbourne this season was really interesting for me, enjoyable and it is a possibility to look for options.

Grand final CB, could do a lot worse.
Also a lot of foreigners can be better in year 2 as they have adjusted to the country, language and the game here.

He said MV have let him go to use the spot for more attacking player, they have picked up Williams to partner Donachie.

He also said he struggled with the language and didn't understand some things early and his language had improved a lot.

His size is the only thing as we are small at the back and ideally we need a 6ft plus guy.

Forum Phoenix

Bugger. He's not irreplaceable. But he was a good step up from Neil. LB is notoriously hard to fill and Okon already had enough recruiting on his hands.

May not get picked up, but for his sake wish him luck,

Atomic

It seems like forever since we lost a player to a decent overseas league.

It will be a pity to lose him, but I hope he does well and we get good coin out of the deal.

Big Al

It seems like forever since we lost a player to a decent overseas league.

It will be a pity to lose him, but I hope he does well and we get good coin out of the deal.
He's off contract doubt we'd get anything

Probably had to get permission because his contract with us wouldn't finish till end of the month or when ever they finish

Or he had already resigned and we hadn't announced but he like all out players is free to try there luck. I like this option best

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

He is not a bad 2nd string keeper and would be cheap. Better than Ivan.
Reportedly had an offer from Newcastle so he will be more than minimum, IMHO he isn't worth anything more than minimum. I hope he does well but would much prefer Bray/Oldfield/Cisak/Nizic/Glover.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

Best of luck to Scott Galloway with Willem II, both of Willem's left backs are off contract so hopefully he can win an contract. Sad to see him go and hard to replace but I think he could do well in Europe.

JoyfulPenguin

Cameron Crestani has been released from the Roar, Paolo's type of Centre half composed on the ball and able to hit a pass. Did well with Papadopoulos next to him would be a decent recruit.

pjennings

Reportedly had an offer from Newcastle so he will be more than minimum, IMHO he isn't worth anything more than minimum. I hope he does well but would much prefer Bray/Oldfield/Cisak/Nizic/Glover.

We need a backup keeper than Pearce. That may be Kennedy but we shouldn't be considering him until he is fully fit. I doubt we would get Glover who looks like he is entrenched in the Tottenham youth teams and TBH didn't look flash in the few games I saw in a relatively poor Premier League 2 side. Nizic has hardly played.

Of the ones you mentioned I'd be happy with Cisak or Oldfield. If Kennedy is signed as a backup keeper Bray becomes a worry because of the hint of injury susceptibility. I like him as a keeper but maybe a risk with another keeper coming back from injury So I would prefer Cisak and Oldfield with Bray only an option if the other keeper is one of those two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred