• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Wombat

he is in the J league but i heard the money he is on is $150k. Don’t know how true that is. Was in fox football podcast i think when discussing the +1 and why teams don’t have. Asian players.

Almost zero chance of that being true. Was getting $1 mill p.a. in Thailand but he is like a movie star there so was not interested in a move to U.K. even OZ.

pjennings

Almost zero chance of that being true. Was getting $1 mill p.a. in Thailand but he is like a movie star there so was not interested in a move to U.K. even OZ.

He got a pay rise of 40,000 USD a month in December 2017 for the remainder of his loan in Japan. That is a over a $600,000 payrise.

Pirate Pete

Behind a paywall, but "Sydney FC's Matt Simon could be heading back up the F3"
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...3/news-story/06e468dcb0f8b83b8a9e2e95e898c71d
HE’S barely been in the job five minutes, but we understand Mike Mulvey already has his first target in mind - bringing Matt Simon back to Gosford.

The Sydney FC target man has hit form at the back end of the season, scoring three goals in five games. He may not have left the Mariners on the best of terms two seasons ago, but we hear that’s unlikely to play a part in whether he decides to return or not.

2e9d5b4a2b83749bf614f479aed90c86

New Mariners manager Mike Mulvey is believed to want to bring Sydney FC striker Matt Simon back to the club.
Affectionately called the “Wizard of Woy Woy”, Simon’s potential return to his home town would no doubt be a huge boost for the club and region.

Ancient Mariner

I have been watching his play for SFC over the past season and have been fairly impressed. He is not scoring goals but his ball skills seemed to have improved as has his support play. His heart has never been an issue. If cheap could be a useful squaddie.

Gratis

He may not be the silver bullet we need right now but I'd be very happy to have Matty home

Dose of Mariners spirit right there

Scotty

He may not be the silver bullet we need right now but I'd be very happy to have Matty home

Dose of Mariners spirit right there
Agree, although he's past his best years having him in on the field will bring passion back into the stands and the shirt.
I see Matty as a Cahill type impact player, bring him on for the last 20 mins.

He's probably scored more goals at Central Coast Stadium in the last 3 seasons than any of our own strikers!

Big Al

Oh no.

He has everything we want except goals which we need desperately.

I love Mat and still cheer for him at SFC but I’m far from convinced he’s going to get the job of scoring done.

His 15 minute cameos has only been to protect leads. We better be in front is all I’ll say.

That said I’d rather his fight than any of the other players I’ve seen except Monty since he left.

Be interested to see who else might leave now Arnie is moving on

nebakke

After my rant after the SydneyFC game, I don't quite know how to feel about this - no wonder I enjoy kickboxing, all this confusion and frustration has to be expressed somehow! ;)

Once that's said, with Powell and Bingers presumably on the way out and Rosie definitely going, there's a certain argument along the lines of what I made in wanting to keep him around, when we first let him go. If he can rekindle a love for the club, I reckon he's the sort of character who can spark it around him... As long as it's as a backup forward, I certainly don't think he's worse than Powell or Bingers - probably fairly on-par but with more mongrel.
But perhaps more important, is the signal MM sends with this, as compared to Paolo's letting Hutch go, it certainly doesn't hurt the connection to the club's history...
Let's see...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred