• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

pjennings

Wrote my last post before I git to this. Bang on. Though I'm less sure about Weemac.
Weemac's drawback is you have to waste a visa spot. He was worth it in his day but I haven't seen that spark for a while (though I probably don't watch that many Nix games). As a LW or AM at his best he is better than Connor and would be a very able replacement when DDS in not there

Last edited:

nebakke

If that's how we line up then I think we'd still perform similar to this year imo, because pllaying two holding midfielders without quality wingbacks is just not enough attacking power and too easy to shut down. With 7/4 splits between attack and defense you just can't have two converted CB's with low ball skills who are not really box to box and are ill suited in frame or speed and expect to seriously compete for mine.

So, while i see where you're coming from, the thing is... Think of how many chances we had that should have been an easy tap -in each game this season. Imagine where we'd be with a FWD who can actually hit them right.
My point was really to try to understand what would be acceptable for next season, unknowing that were on a similar budget again. I reckon those changes together with a coach could get us in to the top 6 alright and perhaps push into top 4.

Spacks

Any chance we can just terminate contracts of the entire squad? I'd only keep Wout Brama, Alan Baro and Tom Hiariej. The rest can go and get f**ked.

Big Al

I’d give DDS another go because he has skill but he was ordinary ALL season with a sprinkle of good stuff.

Terrible shot and didn’t link up well at all with the attack. Considering he is our most expensive player he was no where near Tom H.

And worse Hoole had a bigger impact for the season

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'll bet you a case of beer he's been carrying an injury since. Likely a hammy because he's tweaked it twice since being back.
If that's the case then he shouldn't have been playing until fully recovered.
DDS has been underwhelming.
Hoole....god, I still don't know what to make of him. He is so shit so often, and yet when he switches on he's a real impact player. If Mulvey can get him to play consistently well then he can still be an asset.
Probably unfair to target him for inconsistency, given how many times our entire team was inept.

I think we need 1 good striker, one mediocre striker who can play off them, and one leader/impact player in the mids.
Bare minimum.
But it looks like we're going to be relying on recruiting untested youth again.

Insertnamehere

If that's the case then he shouldn't have been playing until fully recovered.
DDS has been underwhelming.
Hoole....god, I still don't know what to make of him. He is so shit so often, and yet when he switches on he's a real impact player. If Mulvey can get him to play consistently well then he can still be an asset.
Probably unfair to target him for inconsistency, given how many times our entire team was inept.

I think we need 1 good striker, one mediocre striker who can play off them, and one leader/impact player in the mids.
Bare minimum.
But it looks like we're going to be relying on recruiting untested youth again.
Did okon listen to anyone other than jolic all season??
That's a rhetorical question.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
help me out I'm in a quandry....i got the whole squad to sign a painting I did at the beginning of the season at Kibble....should I bin it or not?

WNo1ho.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb