• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

style_cafe

Would replace Posco with Themba Muata Marlow he is fantastic for APIA. Keep Posco as an injury replacement for Golec while he is injured. Bring in all the top NPL strikers, Matt Thurtell, Davey Van Schip, Kieran Sanders, Anthony Costa, Sam Smith, Liam Boland, Elvis Kamsoba, Brayden Crowley, Alex Salmon as well any strikers released from A-League clubs and academies and of course Bingham and Powell. Have a camp and whoever can perform the best wins a contract.

So sad to see the end of Melbourne Heart, but so glad you decided to join us mate...great post :popcorn:

Big Al

There has been talk about the league moving to 4+1 Asian player for next season. If we were to get one what position should we fill with an Asian player. Maybe LB. pretty hard position to fill as limited Aussie LB’s even RB’s are hard to find especially for the national team

pjennings

There has been talk about the league moving to 4+1 Asian player for next season. If we were to get one what position should we fill with an Asian player. Maybe LB. pretty hard position to fill as limited Aussie LB’s even RB’s are hard to find especially for the national team

We already have Tommy. His father is Indonesian - does that qualify - surely he can get dual citizenship.

Either that or a striker. J2 strikers are not paid anywhere near their J1 counterparts but if they are any good eventually find their way to J1. Why not have a look at some in the J2 League and see if we can sell them back in a couple of years.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

We already have Tommy. His father is Indonesian - does that qualify - surely he can get dual citizenship.

Either that or a striker. J2 strikers are not paid anywhere near their J1 counterparts but if they are any good eventually find their way to J1. Why not have a look at some in the J2 League and see if we can sell them back in a couple of years.
To get Indonesian citizenship you need to renounce any other country's citizenship, I don't think it would be really worth it for Tom unfortunately.

Josho Howe

What's everyone think about Mulvey? Seemingly the favourite for the coaching position. For me, probably the best coach available that'd be willing to take us on. Has experience in the league and developing young players.

Insertnamehere

What's everyone think about Mulvey? Seemingly the favourite for the coaching position. For me, probably the best coach available that'd be willing to take us on. Has experience in the league and developing young players.
Been my favourite all along. The roar thing to me is an anomaly. Everyone involved with CCM will be puckered in hoping so.
The market for next CCM manager has disappeared off SB.

Big Al

Hit the next ccm manager thread but basically he is probably the right guy for the job. Certainly not glamorous

Wombat

Hit the next ccm manager thread but basically he is probably the right guy for the job. Certainly not glamorous

I cant agree Al.

Mulvey is a big name for us. We are sadly now a shit club thanks to Mike.

For someone of the calibre of Mike Mulvey to agree to coach us is exciting.

Now if MC can actually put together a decent squad we can be something next year.

COYY

BTW this is a VERY important signing. Pikey is probably not aware that is his last chance. Several very rusted on fans told me they will give the club one more season before they give up on flogging a dead (pikey) horse.

Insertnamehere

I cant agree Al.

Now if MC can actually put together a decent squad we can be something next year.

COYY

BTW this is a VERY important signing. Pikey is probably not aware that is his last chance. Several very rusted on fans told me they will give the club one more season before they give up on flogging a dead (pikey) horse.
Can't afford Bielsa. Most Aussie options are shite or inexperienced.

Big Al

I cant agree Al.

COYY

I’m not saying he won’t succeed or be the right candidate. He does have a good resume just not sure he will excite the people.

Yeah our club is shit now but why would Mulvey prefer us over higher paying jobs in Thailand? Think that has more to do with him trying prove himself in the A League again which is seen as a better league.

I’m certainly not against the signing if true more so people will have doubts until we see what he can come up with. I’m happy with the appointment considering where we are right now. The club needs him

Forum Phoenix

I think we had a reasonable sqaud for a low budget club . We had no plan b .
We could of and should have done better.

Agree though we desperately needed two genuine HAL level strikers and still do. And we struggled at LB and RB. Rosey at LB held on one year too long. Storm at RB was/is a liability and doubly so at LB. McGing did a solid job defensively and really grew this year, but he is too under skilled in attack so I don't think he will ever really make RB his own in the modern game - there's a reason everyone else is converting wingers or strikers. And now be interested to see if we get an injury replacement for Golec, given we have Posco, McGing and I really like Rowles.

Otherwise we're in decent shape I think. Be interested to see what Mulvey makes of Roux. Be happy to part ways. I hope he can get Desilva back into form.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred