• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

pjennings

Not part our current squad - but we did trial him. Chis Oldfield becomes an Australian citizen on the 10th April. Bray was preferred to him because he was not a visa player but Oldfield has consistently been the best keeper in the Vic NPL over the last few years.

Wombat

Not part our current squad - but we did trial him. Chis Oldfield becomes an Australian citizen on the 10th April. Bray was preferred to him because he was not a visa player but Oldfield has consistently been the best keeper in the Vic NPL over the last few years.

Sign him up

pinklady

Josh rose announced his retirement last night. Finishing at seasons end. While the game had obviously passed him a bit this year, he will still be known as someone who bled yellow. I hope he moves into a community role similar to Kwasy.
Already involved coaching the Mariners junior development squads with Monty. Good luck to him and he will be an asset to the club for years to come.

pjennings

With only Baro, McGing, Roux, Brama, Hiariej, Berry, De Silva, Buhagiar & Hoole signed the new manager has plenty of scope to build a squad.

pjennings

How many (if any) do you think we will lose due to Paulo departure?

Of those off contract excluding Josh we have

Let go
Glover - probably cheap but would prefer Oldfield to push or push out Kennedy
Pearce - don't need a 3rd Keeper
Bingham

Keep
Kennedy - serviceable but can do with someone to push him
Golec - keep if recovered to play as LB
Rowles - good prospect
Rose - finally showing something
Pain - definite stay but maybe not a starter

Undecided leaning towards let go
Poscoliero - we need someone at least of the calibre of Rowles but hopefully closer to Baro's quality
Melling - need better
Skapetis - need better but might be kept as backup on depending on strikers signed
Powell - smart but slow

Coastalraider

One of the stories relating to the Okon split said senior team members had bought the subject of no confidence up with management prior to the decision for him to leave.

If there i any truth to that - I doubt many of the quality players would leave. You might lose a brat or 2, but we seem to be able to source inexperienced, average Australian youths at will.

Insertnamehere

Of those off contract excluding Josh we have

Let go
Glover - probably cheap but would prefer Oldfield to push or push out Kennedy
Pearce - don't need a 3rd Keeper
Bingham

Keep
Kennedy - serviceable but can do with someone to push him
Golec - keep if recovered to play as LB
Rowles - good prospect
Rose - finally showing something
Pain - definite stay but maybe not a starter

Undecided leaning towards let go
Poscoliero - we need someone at least of the calibre of Rowles but hopefully closer to Baro's quality
Melling - need better
Skapetis - need better but might be kept as backup on depending on strikers signed
Powell - smart but slow
I'd only change skapetis to keep. He looks a proper striker and imo would be a serviceable backup/ forward partner.

JoyfulPenguin

Would replace Posco with Themba Muata Marlow he is fantastic for APIA. Keep Posco as an injury replacement for Golec while he is injured. Bring in all the top NPL strikers, Matt Thurtell, Davey Van Schip, Kieran Sanders, Anthony Costa, Sam Smith, Liam Boland, Elvis Kamsoba, Brayden Crowley, Alex Salmon as well any strikers released from A-League clubs and academies and of course Bingham and Powell. Have a camp and whoever can perform the best wins a contract.

Insertnamehere

Would replace Posco with Themba Muata Marlow he is fantastic for APIA. Keep Posco as an injury replacement for Golec while he is injured. Bring in all the top NPL strikers, Matt Thurtell, Davey Van Schip, Kieran Sanders, Anthony Costa, Sam Smith, Liam Boland, Elvis Kamsoba, Brayden Crowley, Alex Salmon as well any strikers released from A-League clubs and academies and of course Bingham and Powell. Have a camp and whoever can perform the best wins a contract.
Spring training like MLB

greenlig

The last few games I've liked what Rosebud has been doing. Not always the right thing, but he's been much more vocal and looking to control his patch of turf. He mad a few really positive runs, also directed traffic, barking orders at team mates. Good to see, hopefully he gets confidence back and continues to rebuild.

nebakke

The last few games I've liked what Rosebud has been doing. Not always the right thing, but he's been much more vocal and looking to control his patch of turf. He mad a few really positive runs, also directed traffic, barking orders at team mates. Good to see, hopefully he gets confidence back and continues to rebuild.

He's not the superstar we were hoping for, but much to my surprise, I think he has the potential to grow to add a bit of mongrel... I'm starting to think it might be worth holding on to him after all. For all that he has been making some rash tackles the last couple of times I've seen him, and I'd hate to see him turn into a new Muscat (K OR M), I think it shows that he's learning to deal with the more physical aspects of the game - something that he was very much struggling with even just last season... He's still good decent vision and technical skills, he could combine them all to show something special yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred